AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-04-15, 7:01am

Default Miss Chamilia kids line! Smaller holes?

I have a request to do a line of beads that fits the chamilia kids line. They say the hole is smaller. Any ideas or knowledge out here glassy friends? Ok, thanks I will check back...

Steph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-04-15, 11:39am
Rose colored glasses…√

I'm interested too. I'd like that whole Pandora/Chamilia concept if they were smaller.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-04-15, 12:13pm

I'm thinking since troll does not fit pandora/chamilia that the smaller hole for the kids line would have to be the troll size since it is one size smaller mandrel than chamilia. Still looking!

Old 2011-04-15, 1:12pm
sunscreen me baby

I would just make the hole the same size. It won't matter if it's bigger and it will still fit. I suspect the outside measurement is more important so your beads fit nicely with the ones Chamilia makes.

~

Old 2011-04-15, 3:12pm

That's what I thought too but the customer says she wants smaller holes. If it is doable and i have the mandrels already then all is good. I have her putting a troll bead on and if it works then I will just use that size, anything smaller I cannot imagine will work. I do not think she understood that I can make the bead smaller than the normal chamilia beads with the same hole. Oh well, I have plenty of the smaller troll size mandrels so I'm sure that will work. I just wondered if anyone knew off hand and had made beads to go on the kids bracelets

Old 2011-04-15, 6:04pm
sunscreen me baby

Would you mind posting what you find out? It would be really helpful for me. Thanks

~

Old 2011-04-15, 6:21pm

Yes I will post it when I find out

Old 2011-04-16, 7:00am
Sorry for party rockin'

I have a customer that orders these . . . un-cored, beads made on a 5/32" mandrel will fit the Miss Chamilia bracelets.

I sent her samples also made on a 1/8" mandrel (too small, didn't fit) and the usual 3/16" mandrel (hole too big) and she said the 5/32" hole was the best.

The beads for Miss Chamilia are TINY (at least for me!).
So, to size correctly, I use the smallest cavity on the donut spacer beadroller which is 5x10.

Old 2011-04-16, 7:14am

Ginny, thank you so much! That is what I use for troll size and I never core them so it is PERFECT! Thanks for the info on their size, I have not seen them so that will help me out a lot! I guess you are pretty limited to decoration on Them but I will have to think on a small scale, ha ha ha, all of my beads are so dang big. My bad arm might like this for awhile! Hugs!

Steph

Old 2011-04-16, 7:21am
Sorry for party rockin'

I like big beads too, so these were a challenge to get used to.
If I remember correctly, she told me the actual Chamilia beads are all around 5mm across so I had to be careful not to make my beads too big.

Guess you can't make any of your big honkin' bumpy beads for this!

Old 2011-04-16, 3:10pm

Ha ha, no kidding, those are weapon size beads, each base bead is almost three rods of glass before I even get started on the dots!

I talked to her today and she is sending me the bracelet and a bead since they do not have glass beads for the kids line. Maybe it is a safety thing? Maybe the company decided that glass on an active kids wrist might pose a threat if it breaks, idk. At least I will be able to see the size of the silver beads and hole. I think I might get the donut roller. Is it the cg line roller? That way I could test size every time and make it much easier on myself. This will be a first in the way of production line beads for me. She also wants beads with the local beach sand in them for tourists. She is sending me sand, so I will see how it goes.

Old 2011-04-16, 7:39pm
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyHampton View Post
I have a customer that orders these . . . un-cored, beads made on a 5/32" mandrel will fit the Miss Chamilia bracelets.
Is that mean, we need to use 3/16" for cored beads then?

Old 2011-04-19, 1:02pm

Yunita, when I get the bracelet in the mail I will be able to tell. Stay tuned

Old 2011-04-19, 2:13pm
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph1214 View Post
Yunita, when I get the bracelet in the mail I will be able to tell. Stay tuned
Cool thanks Steph .

Old 2013-04-01, 6:35pm
Melody of Glass

I wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone has any further details on these. Has anyone tried the Miss Chamilia bracelets?

I have a request for beads for one of these. I use a 5/32" mandrel for regular uncored Pandora or other BHB's. Is this really the right size for the smaller bracelet as well?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...