LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2006-11-30, 6:20pm
More ideas than talent

Default Holly Leaves?

Anyone got advice on holly leaves? My attempts look decidedly average so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-30, 7:55pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Hiya Wendy!!

My holly leaves are kinda cartoonish, but this is how I make them.

I use a raw mandrel and melt a blob of dark green on it. Then I just grab other (any & all) shades of green and stripe, drizzle and wrap thin streaks around the dk green blob. Melt smooth (don't twist or mix) then pull into stringer.

To make the leaves, I just put a dot where I want the leaf. Heat the dot, crease w/ tool (makes the center line of the leaf), heat the dot again, use rake or pick to pull the "points" of the leaf. I usually have to reheat the dot for each point I pull. I think 2 and 3 leaves look good together, where the leaves are closest to eachother, I put 3 small red dots for the berries.

Here are some pics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2006-11-30, 8:59pm

Default your beads are fantastic

I really love the pigs and the reindeer that is so cute. You are very talented. Congrats to you!!!!! I absolutely adore them.
Old 2006-12-01, 7:55pm
More ideas than talent

Thanks Gelly

I tried pullig one set pushing the other, on my decidely average attempts. I'll have to try again.