LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-12-09, 9:12pm

Default Looking for colors woman prefer on my chain necklaces

It has been brought to my attention that some of my colors although beautiful, are too masculine. So I need some friendly womenly advice to tell me what colors women prefer in my chain necklaces. So lets just say you were going to buy one.... what color would you like? Here is a link to my etsy site.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/JoeSStudio?ref=pr_shop_more

Also if you have any recommendations on some nice striking pinks I would love to here from you as well. I usually use Glass Alchemy.
Old 2013-12-09, 9:23pm
Judy Nelson

Your colors are quite beautiful but I might add lavender, turquoise
, green mixes or as single colors. Well you have green already.
Old 2013-12-09, 9:33pm
Senior Moment

I don't think they're too masculine at all. I love the lock & key set, and the red one is to die for! I think your bracelets rock. I just don't own one because I am hell on bracelets LOL I wear a hollow gold bangle that is one big dent. And I *sob* broke a leaf in half on a beautiful glass bracelet Mz Glitz made for me.

Yes, some purples and pinks might be nice, maybe some of those pretty boro colors, like GA's Spring Luster, Amazon Canyon or Amazon Night? Or one of Northstar's Amber Purples?

JMHO!
Alli

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-12-09, 9:34pm

The antique purple color like your encased beads would be nice made into chain. Also, a combo of clear, white, and red chain links would be pretty for Valentine's Day.
Pastel colors in general are preferred by a lot of women, like baby blue instead of cobalt, or minty green instead of dark grass green.
Old 2013-12-09, 9:38pm

Thank you I appreciate your feedback. Any advice on some pinks? I have never used a lot of those I was thinking about combining some pink with a ruby red or something of that nature.
Old 2013-12-09, 11:32pm
Salt Box Beads

What age bracket are most of your buyers? White, black, navy, and red are great tried and true colors.

2014 color trends link: They say the fashion industry is going with orchid as the color of the year 2014 in the link below you see that orchid is out in front. Opaque colors are different than transparent so make both and see what sells best for you.

http://www.fashionising.com/trends/b...014-65123.html
Old 2013-12-10, 3:37am
Feminist Killjoy

I love plain etched clear, any silver glass (encased maybe?), Maybe a combo of bright orange and pink with a hint of aqua.
Old 2013-12-10, 8:48am
Queen Bee

Ditto on the pink and purple, but I also love turquoise Perhaps Peacock Chameleon? It may be just me, but I would prefer smaller links in the necklace. I usually don't wear anything that big.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2013-12-10, 9:07am
Dix Harrison

Black, white, and black and white.
Old 2013-12-10, 9:41am

Thank you. This is just what I need to hear.
Old 2013-12-10, 2:48pm

The antique purple and aqua are beautiful (they're all beautiful) and I like pink and etched clear. I don't find your colors to be masculine.

Georgia
Old 2013-12-11, 2:40am
Artistically Absorbed

I think these are great Joe! Have a look at this, it is a new system by Troll. I think you are on trend! You might be able to work some beads to go with this system, they are lacking glass components.
https://www.xbytrollbeads.com/en

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2013-12-11, 9:00am

Love, Love, Love the chain jewelry! I would try some necklaces too! Also I think your prices are too low IMHO for the glass chains.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-12-11, 12:32pm

Brent had a recipe floating around for hot pinks....

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-12-13, 9:08am

Hey thanks Paula I really appreciate that! Yeah It would be nice to get more out of them I just don't want to price people out of the market. I am working on various price points so hopefully everyone can enjoy these things! Merry Christmas Everybody!
Old 2013-12-13, 9:13am

They're beautiful! If you strike that triple passion to bring out some blues and purples and reduce some...yeah. One of my favorites and usually a good seller with those colors.

Old 2013-12-13, 12:20pm

I like your pieces, but if I were looking for colors that men would like, I would choose yours. Looking at your website, my overall impression is earth tones of beige, brown, and tan, with some blue thrown in.

I think the scale of the beads looks too big for a lot of women. (But there's nothing in the pictures to show scale, so I'm not sure why that is). Smaller, more delicate pieces would be a good addition to your line.

Using more clear in the design can make a bead look more delicate, even if it's the same size and pattern. Ditto for transparents (yeah, most of your beads are transparent, but you lose some delicacy when etching)

Red-based purples like orchid seem more feminine than blue-based purples like eggplant, and really pop when combined with yellow-greens.
blue-green-teal combos are a lot of fun.
I don't like yellow, but a lot of women do.

LOVE those chains!