Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-08-04, 4:47pm

Default "Smaug" Testers Please Read

One of my frit testers has brought it to my attention that the Triton in the "Smaug" blend is acting decidedly un Triton-like! She's laid it out next to her own Triton batch and the blues are a bit different. While we all are aware that colors can differ slightly from batch to batch she's still not getting any reaction from this batch at all. None of the expected silvering, etc. I'd be interested to see what reactions or issues my other testers have experienced.

I've added pictures of the second bottle of Triton (the first went into the first batch) as well as a picture of my own result.

Those of you who are testing for me please tack on your results and experiences. I'd like to know whether I need to contact those wonderful guys who make the magic happen at Double Helix!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-08-04, 9:00pm

I've heard back from another "Smaug" tester who let me know that she got great Triton reactions and will send me pics soon. Maybe it's just a finicky blend - I hear that dragons can be that way. I'll be interested to hear if more testers had luck or, um, Smog instead of Smaug
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-08-04, 9:06pm
Slogan Challenged...

I hope it works out, Mystery frit is not always fun.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-08-07, 4:27pm

Hi Leslie~ did some tests today, on white- blah BUT with silver it looks good also on clear. It doesn't reduce the same as regular triton which normally when I do it just use a regular reduction flame..... maybe I'll go try a hotter flame. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow!