LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-12-12, 8:24am

Default creating an invoice

I have a customer on Etsy that wants an invoice before they buy anything. I'm not sure how to make one. Can I make one on Etsy? Or do I have to make it myself?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Etsy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Ebay:
Old 2011-12-12, 11:09am
Rose colored glasses…√

You can send an invoice via PayPal, and ask for payment, but what your client is asking for is rather bassackwards. One can't be invoiced for something one hasn't purchased.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-12-12, 11:51am
sunscreen me baby

They can put everything in their shopping cart and see an invoice before paying.. is that what you mean? Or do they want an itemized list? If it's the later I would just do it in a convo.

~

Old 2011-12-12, 12:49pm

When I do custom orders, I make the order, send them a picture of the beads and if they like what they see, I then go into PayPal and invoice them for the items. They then pay from that invoice. It's really so easy to do and you can customize the invoice to your business.

Kathie

Old 2011-12-12, 4:07pm
Unmedicated since '62

yeah, paypal invoice is really easy

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-12-13, 7:46am

I was curious as to what an invoice actually is, so I looked this up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invoice

Apparently it's like a receipt that semi-binds a consumer while listing the items for sale and their attributes such as price, quantity, etc.

Hats off to going the extra mile

-
Old 2011-12-13, 8:38am
Gentleman of Leisure

IF you want a no frills "invoice" you could simply create a template in WORD or EXCEL and include a graphic in header and your studio name, your name, address, and other contact information and a line by line description section and any disclaimers at bottom...

Might even be able to find the template already made on sites that support MS WORD or EXCEL and then just modify it to fit your needs...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ms+word+invoice+template

Some examples you may want to model your invoice after...

http://images.lmgtfy.com/?q=invoice

Something really simple like this may be all you needed..

http://www.excelbuddy.com/excel-invoice-template/

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2011-12-13 at 8:45am.
Old 2011-12-13, 10:02am
SCIENCE Teacher!

But you still need to know what they want to buy. I use an Excel invoice for my business.

Last edited by FosterFire; 2011-12-13 at 10:14am.
Old 2011-12-14, 1:46pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterFire View Post
But you still need to know what they want to buy. I use an Excel invoice for my business.
I expect "customer" would supply the "want list"....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2013-08-04, 11:39am

Creating an invoice is really simple. Try http://www.fetchflow.com/invoice-templates and design your website in a very simple steps. you can even use your business logo to make it official.
Old 2013-08-04, 12:27pm

As a seller we try to accommodate a buyer whenever possible. I have purchased on Etsy multiple times as well as sold items. As a buyer on Etsy they provide the invoice. If I'm buying from multiple sellers, prior to purchase, Etsy itemizes each item from individual sellers. What your buyer is asking for is a duplication of what Etsy does. Perhaps she's never purchased on Etsy before and isn't aware of this. As a seller I work hard to accommodate buyers needs. I have not sold much on Etsy but they do a lot of the work I do as a seller off Etsy. It's their service I pay for.
Old 2013-08-04, 1:42pm
Glass-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by divina126 View Post
I have a customer on Etsy that wants an invoice before they buy anything. I'm not sure how to make one. Can I make one on Etsy? Or do I have to make it myself?
I love customers... This makes me laugh. I wonder if she asks for a quote in khols, or an invoice for milk LOL!!!

Isn't adding an item to your cart an purchase invoice? Did she request a custom order that wasn't listed? You can always just create a listing just for her. Good luck, the force is strong with this one!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2013-08-04 at 4:43pm.
Old 2013-08-04, 4:13pm

I suspect the customer needs the itemized receipt for business.

Old 2013-08-04, 5:53pm

I'm confused. Is the item already listed on Etsy?

-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-