Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-07-21, 9:22am
yukue fumei

Default Where can I find cork plugs?

I am looking for cork plugs in different sizes from small(vessel sized) to large(25mm across)--does anyone have a favorite source or is it something Michael's or craft stores carry?
Thanks so much!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-07-21, 9:25am

I get mine in my local hardware store. They are right where the washers/nuts/bolts are. You should probably ask where your store keeps them to save time hunting.

My nearest craft store is 20 miles away!

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2008-07-21, 9:32am
yukue fumei

Cool! thanks so much Sue!!! I'm off to my local hardware store

nagi

Old 2008-07-21, 9:47am
maybe tomorrow

I get mine from PilotVials.

Old 2008-07-21, 9:59am
yukue fumei

WOOHOO! Thanks Toni!

nagi

Old 2008-07-21, 10:00am

Location: Im in Lawrenceburg TN .. about 1 1/2 south of Nashville

There is a bulk buy going on right now for them

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2008-07-21, 10:08am
yukue fumei

Thanks Janelyn!! I never go in there anymore so I completely missed it....

I think I will pass on the bulk buy though since I want several sizes and the place Toni posted has excellent prices. I am also going to pop by the hardware store to see what I can see

Thanks again!

nagi

Old 2008-07-21, 10:27am

Location: Im in Lawrenceburg TN .. about 1 1/2 south of Nashville

Have fun at the hardware store , its one of my fav places to go !

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2008-07-21, 12:56pm
specializing in obnoxious

I saw many sizes in my local OSH (Orchard Supply Hardware) yesterday. I think they are in socal. Good luck
Old 2008-07-21, 11:51pm
Old Time Bead Maker

Default Corks

Hi,
Try widgetco.com
They have standard and premiums in numerous sizes. Also, free shipping in the US for orders over $10.00. You can buy one cork or 10,000 corks...and then some, but that's their pricing structer.
Have fun...

Sue

This us as close to a web site as I want to get at the moment...

Last edited by JuneauBrat; 2008-07-22 at 12:27am.
Old 2008-07-22, 1:01am
FatCat Mama

American Science & Surplus is a good place not only to find corks, but all kinds of other stuff. Plus, their descriptions are pretty funny.

Teri P

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

Orange Cricket with 10L oxycon and NG
Old 2008-07-22, 9:28am
yukue fumei

Thanks so much!
I got sidetracked yesterday--hopefully today at lunch I can step out for a bit!

nagi

Old 2008-07-22, 10:16am
I'm a lilac!

I get my corks from www.corkstore.com.

Old 2008-07-22, 10:19am
yukue fumei

Whoa--I like the wall covering--cool!
Thank you!

nagi

Old 2008-07-22, 11:55am
PyronamixK

GlassCraft used to carry them in all sorts of sizes (cork and I think rubber stoppers, too). I don't know if they still do. I should check the next time I place an order with them. It seems that they had the right sizes to correspond with different diameter glass tubing, too.
Old 2008-07-22, 4:46pm
yukue fumei

Thank you so much Kimberly!
I just checked the site and they also have the swivel assembly that I was looking for as well as the cork
I think it will have to wait til next month....just bought some amazing glass and it blew this month's budget to smithereens! (but it's worth it! )

nagi