Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-07-29, 7:51pm

Default Boro frit..what do you like?

So I've got a few colors including clear which I like. A few of what I have seem wishy-washy..like the lavender.

What boro frits do you like working with the most?

How do you use them?

C'mon, help a newbie out. please....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My Etsy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-07-29, 7:54pm
Borovangelist

I have some Red Exotic that one time I was making a candle holder and the stuff self fumed inside the glass, spraying red color all over it next to each piece of frit. It was pretty fantastic. I have no idea what I did right to make it happen though.

|
|
Old 2008-07-29, 8:07pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Amazon Night, and Blue Moon are a few of my favorite things.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2008-07-29, 8:17pm

Thanks, keep 'em coming!
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-07-29, 8:52pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Yellow is a great all around frit for a nice effect.
Also Silver Strike 3 and Silver Strike 5 are yummy
when you use them with darker colors!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-07-29, 10:26pm
Spoiled

I'm pretty new to boro myself, but so far I love my Blue Moon and Mystery Adventurine. Irrid is pretty too.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-07-29, 11:23pm
yukue fumei

I like Aurora....
come to think of it, I don't use alot of frit...maybe I should

nagi

Old 2008-07-30, 12:04am
Dakine glass man

Double amber purple, cobalt5, blue moon, any of the amazons, any of the exotics, any of the amberpurple series i.e light blue ap,dark blue ap, green ap look through the charts that the companies have and find the ones that are striking and the ones that have high silver saturation and you won't be disappointed

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2008-07-30, 2:13am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

clear. I love clear frit on top of all the amber purples, blue moon, silver tears, tan silve rkreek, silver kreek etc.

I don't use a lot of colors, but I like Paula's blends

Old 2008-07-30, 7:54am
Butterfly Rancher

The Venerable Bead http://www.thevenerable-bead.com/cat...hp?category=10 has boro frit blends. I have Amber Mist and Nessie's Dowry and like both of them much better than a single color frit.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2008-07-30, 11:20am
Pyromaniac

Clear
Silver Strike 3 or 5
DAP
Blue Moon
Any of Venerable Bead Frits

I really want to get some Extra Light Yellow too

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-07-30, 2:53pm

I like the silver strike too and I have three or four of the Ven Beads frits. Never thought of the yellows...now I'm curious.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-07-30, 5:00pm

Definitely Paula's!!

Old 2008-07-30, 8:37pm

DAP, egyptian sand, onyx, cobalts, ruby, triple passion, blue moon, clear, clear, clear...
Old 2008-07-31, 6:17am
The Venerable Bead

thanks Kim and Beckah!

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2008-07-31, 6:34am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblemoose View Post
DAP, egyptian sand, onyx, cobalts, ruby, triple passion, blue moon, clear, clear, clear...
Egyptian sand comes in a frit???? I didn't know that... It's one of my favorite whites!
Old 2008-07-31, 10:57am
Mandrel Slayer

Precision Alaskan Thunder. Yummy!!!! Paula's of course.

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-07-31, 11:06am

Blue carmel and butterscotch are a few I like that havn't been mentioned

Burning a tanked Phantom