Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-07-14, 5:33pm
Dead man walking

That's just sick Roger, nicely done!
Old 2008-07-15, 5:29am

Wow, that two headed dragon is amazing!!!!! I wouldn't even attempt a one headed one

Here's some more flower pendants....tired of them yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-15, 6:09am
The Venerable Bead

kim, dayum woman!!! you better get here quick and have one of those on you I want to hold it! the blue one ...holy crap!
I have been learning to core beads. here is some boro and copper
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2008-07-15, 7:02am

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassroger View Post
Thanks for the compliments on the dragons!

Ok Dragon fans, here's a new two headed dragon.

Enjoy!
Roger, are they SMILING?

Vanessa
Old 2008-07-15, 9:54am
yukue fumei

Roger: WOwie! amazing work Roger--really nice!!!

Kim: Beautiful pendants! I love the bottom one especially! WOW!!!

Paula: Gorgeous beads--they will look so very nice on a bracelet or as a single bead on a neck hoop! The color of the copper goes so well with the boro!

nagi

Old 2008-07-15, 1:20pm

Sonja,, was it #3 or #4??? just guessing here.... those are gorgeous

Old 2008-07-15, 3:01pm
Torch junkie

Thanks again for the compliments.

dogsrlove, I guess they could be smiling? or maybe their just a bit excited to find each other.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2008-07-15, 4:24pm
Serenity Now!

WOW!!! It just keeps getting better, and better... Just so you guys didn't think I'd totally fallen off the face-of-the-Earth, here's some Boro/Art Clay (PMC)/chain maille bracelets...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-07-15, 4:35pm
yukue fumei

OMG!!! Val- they are out of this world!!! I just about fell over when I opened up this thread!! The silver just makes the boro glow!!!

nagi

Old 2008-07-15, 6:48pm

They're pistachio green striped rods, part translucent, part opaque. If I marked one of the rods, I'll pm you after I come in from the garage tonight with the number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAG View Post
Sonja,, was it #3 or #4??? just guessing here.... those are gorgeous

Old 2008-07-16, 2:24am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Val those bracelets are killing me! I love the first one with the pmc leaves under the beads, awesome work girl!

Old 2008-07-16, 4:10am
Serenity Now!

Thanks, NN and Suzanne!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-07-16, 7:59am

Wow, Val. They're both beautiful...but the top one is stunning!!!!!

Old 2008-07-16, 4:08pm

Paula, OMG! Soooooo pretty! Please, please tell me where you got the copper, what thickness, etc.
I've been wanting to do this, I have the tools, but I'm kinda stuck on the copper.
Jeanne
Old 2008-07-17, 8:55am

I've been practicing on florals and wine stoppers...
Old 2008-07-17, 10:11am
Love 2 Sculpt Kritters

Roger, u r amazing. I love the two headed dragon.

Old 2008-07-17, 11:17am

Dang, Roger, if I was a dragon that cute, I'd NEED to grow a second head just to check myself out! aDORable!
Pretty flowers, everyone... glad Kobuki has been getting his techniques out there and making the world all the better for it, lol.
Pretty pink, there, Jodi - I don't recognize it, though. What is it?
~Jenny @ TAG

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2008-07-17, 2:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim V View Post
Wow, that two headed dragon is amazing!!!!! I wouldn't even attempt a one headed one

Here's some more flower pendants....tired of them yet?

I so want to learn how to do flower pendants like you do....I love them!

Lynn in PA
Old 2008-07-17, 3:00pm
yukue fumei

Jodi--it's gorgeous! I love the color!!

nagi

Old 2008-07-19, 12:51pm

Kim and Jodi - Nice flowers! And Roger - great dragons!

Sheesh, I better light up my torch and start practicing again...

Sals
Old 2008-07-20, 7:23am

kim, what color is the 'pink' one. they are so pretty!
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-07-20, 7:26am

wow roger your dragons are fantastic.

mary k, that starfish is THE BEST ive ever seen, i LOVE it. what color did you use. the clear frit is great.
ro

Old 2008-07-20, 7:28am

its amazing looking through the pages of the gallery, the work is so beautiful. the greatest bead colors, blown work, sculpture, flowers etc etc. you would think with all of this beautiful work we would all be rolling in the dough, up to our eyballs with orders. things are just picking up now for me, but this past winter has been so slow.
thanks for all the inspiration everyone!
ro

Old 2008-07-20, 8:19am
yukue fumei

So true!
Best of wishes for everyone to reap the fruits of their hard labor and love!
And for this economy to get better!
Glad it's picking up for you Ro!

nagi

Old 2008-07-20, 9:07am

Golly... I wish I had a bigger torch setup & could try my hand at more sculptural stuff. Everything is gorgeous! But I have to say, when I saw your marbles Kim, I instantly had to check every one of your links to see if they were up for sale. LOLOL!!

Here's a couple of my photos. I wish I could the crisp photos you all get... don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong...

Old 2008-07-20, 3:07pm

Thanks Ro! The "pink" is ivory blush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro View Post
kim, what color is the 'pink' one. they are so pretty!
ro

Last edited by Kim V; 2008-07-20 at 9:20pm.
Old 2008-07-20, 3:09pm

Thanks Joanie, that is a high compliment! Those are my class marbles, so won't be for sale. The flower pendants will be for sale in my Etsy shop.....just not sure when I'll get them up

Old 2008-07-20, 8:19pm

Well I usually stay in the shallow end with the newbie thread but I'm pretty happy with this one...Momka Antique Beauty

Have a great week
Attached Images

Old 2008-07-21, 5:42am
The Venerable Bead

thanks Jeanne, The copper is 1/4 inch diameter tubing from the plumbing dept at Lowe's

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2008-07-21, 7:57am

thanks, who makes ivory blush, i havent heard of it.
thanks
ro