Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-04-21, 4:35pm

Jewlie Beads - this is the first time we have had an Asheville retreat in the spring - we usually have one or two sessions of Hot Time in the Mountains in the fall. This year we decided to do a spring retreat and one official session of Hot Time in the fall (September). If you're interested in attending the Fifth Annual Hot Time in the Mountains Beadmakers Extravaganza in September, make sure I have your email address. Registration will open early next month via email and spaces will be filled on a first ask/first get 'em basis. They will fill quickly.
As for spring, 2009 - if folks want it, we will probably do it.

Marjorie
Old 2008-04-21, 6:36pm
Cheerfully Profane

This is going to be so cool. It's going to be more low-key than the September HTITM, more like a retreat where we make beads with the occasional demo, not as scheduled as the big one in the fall.

I can't wait to see everyone!!!
Old 2008-04-22, 4:58am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Hey Rebekah I am going to wear my best crocs just for you!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-04-22, 6:13am
Certified Yoga Teacher

One of these days I'm actually going to go. It seems we have a financial crisis of some sort everytime I consider going or taking a class. I love Asheville, and I'd enjoy meeting some of you in person!

Liz

Old 2008-04-22, 8:29am

Hey Debbie - I think we should make the wearing of Crocs (the bigger and uglier, the better!) a requirement for participation. I'll be happy to loan Bek a pair of bright pink ones.

Liz - we would love to have you join us sometime.

M.
Old 2008-04-22, 4:52pm

Thanks Marjorie! I wish I could come this year but I have too much going on. I am going to try for next year however. I would so love to come.

My Facebook
Old 2008-04-23, 6:48am
Lady Firebird

I'm PLANNING to be there, though the college is trying to screw me over with summer term registration running through Friday instead of just Thursday. Bad enough they've made it impossible for me to attend this fall, but this is just beyond the pale. Don't TPTB realize that I get really, REALLY cranky if I don't get at least one chance a year to get out of town and torch???

(i guess not -- those folks are freakin' clueless on so many things)

Dogmaw, your summer session sure is starting early -- our classes don't start until the day after Memorial Day.

Marjorie, I always wear clunky, comfy shoes, but I draw the line at Crocs! Besides, they don't fit my feet properly.

GTT Scorpion torch & Regalia oxycon

Old 2008-04-23, 8:46am

Default Asheville Bead Retreat

Hi, Julia. Are you dragging Dee along with you? Looking forward to seeing you, Debbie Pierce, and the others there.
Carolyn
Old 2008-04-23, 12:01pm
Lady Firebird

I tried to, Carolyn, but for some silly reason she decided to save her money for a big girl torch instead ::shrug::.

Old 2008-04-23, 2:19pm

Hey Julia - no matter how ugly, I love my Crocs, but....I never wear them while torching - there's something about the combination of holey plastic shoes and hot glass that makes me a little uncomfortable!

M.
Old 2008-04-23, 5:04pm
Connie O

Hey Marjorie and all!!! I've been away from a computer since last Thursday, so just found this thread........... I can only agree with the comments on what a wonderful time any newcomers will have. I'm looking forward to seeing all the familiar faces and hopefully some new ones too.

It's been crazy around my place for the past 4 weeks with DH health, etc [I'd actually like a 'do over' for the past month!] so haven't made a room reservation. Where are some of you staying? Hope it's not too late and I don't have to sleep in my car!

Connie
Old 2008-04-23, 5:15pm

Hey Carolyn, what about me. I sat with you gals at your table. LOL
Old 2008-04-24, 4:13am

Hi Connie - Hi Pat!

Connie - as far as I know, I'll be staying at the Red Roof Inn. It's not, by any stretch of the imagination, luxurious - but it's cheap!

M.
Old 2008-04-24, 4:18am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Hi Connie! I am looking forward to seeing you again. You too Carolyn!

Any idea what kind of demos we will have?

I am getting there Thurday so that I can go tool around the galleries and go to MGA.

Old 2008-04-24, 6:23am

The demos will be determined by the group - if you want something demoed, ask and we'll find someone to do it. If you want to demo something, all you have to do is volunteer! This weekend will be less structured than Hot Time in the fall.

If there's something you're just dying to demo and you'll be using materials that everyone might not think to bring, please let me know ahead of time so I can send your list on to the group.

M.

Last edited by msjjjj; 2008-04-24 at 6:26am.
Old 2008-04-24, 6:29am

Default Asheville Bead Retreat

Hi, Pat! Glad to hear that you are also going to be there. I didn't deduce your name from the list of email addresses on the mailing. I have seen you with some mighty pretty beads in the gallery! These 5 Carolina girls are staying at Sleep Inn West where we always stay. It is nice, clean and serves breakfast. Also we have been lost in Asheville before so we try to make life easier for ourselves and go somewhere we know. Julia, tell Dee we will miss her. . .but hey, a Big Girl Torch is a good thing! Connie, it'll be fun to see you and compare notes. Betty, Susan and I will be getting away early on Thursday so we will have time to look around Asheville's galleries and Chevron Bead Store. Valerie and Susan Lambert will join us Thursday night. Courtney, I know you are getting as excited as Olivia is. Little brother critters are cool! Carolyn
Carolyn
Old 2008-04-26, 7:11am

Hi Carolyn. I won't be going in the spring. I will miss being with you gals. I just used my $$ for a Lisa St. Martin class. But a classmate and I are talking about the fall retreat. Have fun.
Old 2008-04-26, 7:31am
Red*Dog*Designs

Waaaa

I can't come, Richard is leaving for Alaska that weekend and I have to stay home with the dogs

Debi

We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot

Old 2008-04-27, 4:43pm

dang Debi - tell him he has to stay home in September so you don't have to miss Hot Time again!
Old 2008-04-28, 11:27am
Lady Firebird

Oh, BTW, does anyone still need a roommate? I guess all of my "normal" roommates have bailed out on me . I'm driving up late Thursday afternoon.

Old 2008-04-28, 2:23pm

Julia - PMing you re: possible roommate.

M.
Old 2008-04-28, 2:26pm
susanLambert

Connie sent you a PM
Susan

Old 2008-04-29, 7:45am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
Oh, BTW, does anyone still need a roommate? I guess all of my "normal" roommates have bailed out on me . I'm driving up late Thursday afternoon.
Frosty, have you found a roommate yet? If so, where are you guys staying? It looks like I'm going to actually be able to make this one (95% sure). I have one small detail yet to work out so I want to check on hotel rates in the mean time.

Old 2008-04-29, 11:40am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Yay! Lydia will be there too! If you are on the same schedule we could carpool. (Freaking gas is outrageous!!)

I am going Thursday, coming back Monday.

Old 2008-04-29, 3:02pm

Debbie, thank you for the generous offer! I think I am going to go down there on Friday and I might even drag my Mr. along. I'm sure he can find something to keep himself busy while we are retreating. I can't wait to see you there! I bet this will be so much fun!!!

Old 2008-05-01, 3:37am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I'd love to see a demo on enamels since I have a bunch and never use them. Is that a bad idea in Gary's shop? Let me know if we can and I'll bring some!

Old 2008-05-01, 4:33am
Lady Firebird

As for demos, I am dying to see Lydia do a demo of one of her fabulous beads!

Old 2008-05-02, 2:23am
"Twirl that Honey round".

Debbie P just clued me in about this happening. Is there still a space open? TIM
(the manly man that still wears beads everyday)
Old 2008-05-02, 3:41am

Tim - there is a space. I just responded to your PM.

M.
Old 2008-05-02, 4:12am

I am SOOOOO jealous! I missed so much during the Hot Times I went to (things literally blowing up at home) that I feel like I missed some of the fun but I still talk about how great it was and how much I hope to go back one day when work and life allows.

::: sigh ::::

Just talked about the firehouse and gary's lathe last weekend .... one day I'll be back. Everybody have a great time and post cool pics for the rest of us.

Martha