Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2009-08-10, 4:59pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listenup View Post
Is Kimberly even taking orders for the torches?
I can't sell the Scorpions for the list price because I don't get a discount on them (or the Crickets) and would actually lose money in cc and PayPal fees.

This is actually something that really bothers me. I did all the testing and marketing for the Crickets and can't even get a break on the price. And, if I ever do, it's not going to be a better deal than someone just sitting back taking orders would get. You have no idea how many people I have sent over to GTT to order a Cricket after spending hours of my own time helping them.

When people have problems with GTT's customer service or questions that GTT has not answered, they contact me. If I help them out, it takes up my time for which I have not even been been thanked, much less paid. If I don't help them, then it looks like I'm a jerk or at least dropping the ball and reflects poorly on me.

I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I started off helping to help Willy. Then, when the Crickets came out, the plan was that I would be rewarded with a great discount unavailable to other distributors. O.K., great, incentive to work extra hard and go above and beyond... Well, after spending a full year doing what no other distributor has done... nothing special was ever done for me. I got a slap in the face today when Wally said, "We'll give you the same deal we're giving XYZ Company." Really? Where the heck was XYZ company when the Crickets rolled out? Were they there testing them with me and reporting the results to the market? How many hours did they spend holding people's hands through getting them set up? How many Cricket orders did they send over to GTT? It's not fair. I did a lot of work - and for what? To be kicked in the teeth and called an SOB.

Oh, and get this, Wally thinks that I am upset because I am jealous over this little literary gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion description from GTT's website
Once again rising above the ordinary, GTT has created the next generation of the standard torch, but there is nothing standard about it. The Scorpion uses the mighty Cricket as the center fire for this unbelievable torch. The Cricket is well known for its efficiency on a 5 LPM concentrator and the great ability to work both soft glass and borosilicate glass with ease. The Scorpion has an 8 jet outer fire using our new patent pending 100% surface mix design that optimizes 10 LPM or two 5 LPM concentrators with optimal results. The Scorpion makes the flame size of larger torches with fewer jets, owing the phenomenal performance to the newest GTT innovations in jet design. The Scorpion was designed with concentrators, low pressure and low consumption in mind. The Scorpion runs great on one 10 LPM concentrator, two 5 LPM concentrators or tanked oxygen. Oxygen consumption is 11 LPM (22 CFH) at the maximum flame size. It requires as low as ¼ psi to 5 psi of natural gas or propane with a low consumption rate of 1.5 LPM (3 CFH) at the maximum flame size. The Scorpion is the master at using low pressures for optimal results for soft or hard glass.
Braggardly, much? Seriously, I am not jealous of that write-up. I told Willy that I thought it was totally different from how he and Wally are (humble) and thought that whoever wrote it was a little full of himself. I can understand excitement, but this, IMO, crossed the line over into bragging. Whatever. I don't really care as long as people know that I'm not the one who wrote it.

No, I started off wanting to help with the Scorpion, but when I saw what was going on with the Cricket... I'm sorry, but I just can't get all that excited about helping a double-crosser.

EDIT: Silly me, I didn't paste the whole quote -- the part that I thought was particularly braggardly was in the description on the Scorpion page (emphasis mine):

Quote:
The Cricket center fire produces a small pinpoint flame for great detail work up to large borosilicate beads. When more fire power is needed the outer fire can produce a flame width of 1 ¼” and more with great flame ranges. The Scorpion has a huge range of flame types from a massive neutral range to an over oxidized flame to a reduction flame to produce the results you cannot get from any other torch on the market. All of these flame types are possible without the fear of carbon being produced on the face of the torch. The flame of the Scorpion easily brings out the best of the color in the glass without hard work or hassle. Step up to the most superior torches on the planet that blows the competition away!

Last edited by kbinkster; 2009-10-28 at 11:37am.
Old 2009-08-10, 5:01pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkie View Post
Do we have any comparisons yet? I want to know if there is a significant difference between a midrange on ng & oxycon and a scorpion on ng & oxycon. I love my mid-range with minor top as the minor top has a pinpoint flame but I am limited to small boro pieces. I'm worried that if I change the scorpion may be the same on ng as the midrange.
Jenn
I can't give you a comparison on the Mid-Range, but i can tell you that the Cricket center fire can get a pinpoint flame and it's very hot on an oxycon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-08-10, 11:39pm
I need more boro stuff

Sorry it happens to you, Kim.

You are a very valuable person and Willy should appreciated.

Quote:
If you find my torch advice helpful, and are going to purchase a GTT, please consider ordering from me instead of directly through GTT. Thank you!
I haven't place an order yet, so how can we order Scorpion through you?

Old 2009-08-11, 12:45am
It's all about the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbinkster View Post
If you find my torch advice helpful, and are going to purchase a GTT, please consider ordering from me instead of directly through GTT. Thank you!
This is actually the info I was waiting for Kimberly. I'll pm you the details, but I'm wanting to get a cricket and a regalia from you if I could - but only if you add in some sort of profit for yourself.

-Kay
(Yeah, I live in Texas, but there is not a U in any part of my name.)

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2009-08-11, 5:37am

Wow I have to say I'm shocked. I never seen a person from any other co be as helpful as you have been with people and there ?'s about gtt torches. and oxy-cons.

Official or non official you are an asset to gtt. Even if wally don't see it or know it. maybe he needs to check out the web some and see.

But I hope in the end this all blows over.

Old 2009-08-11, 5:44am
I fart diamonds

I'm sorry for you for having to deal with that kind of crap and for Willy for being stuck in the middle. Hopefully Wally will put his personal feelings aside and realize that regardless of his opinion of you on a personal level, you are indeed an asset to the company. Is there a way for me to cancel my Scorpion order and place it through you? Will you even make any money in the deal?

Old 2009-08-11, 6:45am
Butterfly Rancher

Kimberly, I'm sorry you're having to go through all this family drama. You have poured your heart into promoting GTT online and it's terrible that your contributions are not being recognized. But, as tough as it will be for you, I think you're making the right decision to step back and focus on your own business.

I've been thinking about cancelling my Scorpion order and putting the money towards a G-tec booster. I'm thinking I should give the Cricket maximum fuel and oxy to see if that solves my wanting more from a torch. I might also be happier with a Lynx or maybe a Cheetah rather than a Scorpion. I'm not sure that I'm ready to make the jump to a two-stage. If I do a G-tec 15, my NG should be bumped from a 1/4 PSI to between 5-7psi. With the Regalia and the booster, what kind of performance could I get from a Lynx or a Cheetah?

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2009-08-12, 12:10pm
Cali4nia baby

What a crock ! Wally needs a paddlin" YOU are selling more torches than ANYONE ! If the amount of people who ask you questions in here are any indication - plus there are people like me who don't always ask but find the answers already provided ! YOU keep customers from bothering them with questions and I mean TONS of questions - We should ALL call Wally and tell em so ! Yea step back - nobody appreciates anyone - TIL THEY ARE GONE !
Old 2009-09-10, 9:51pm
I need more boro stuff

Sorry for resurrected this thread.

Any one gets their scorpion yet? If not, any idea when exactly the release date?

Old 2009-09-11, 9:05am
PyronamixK

All the Scorpions will be released at the same time. So, whenever they are ready, you should be contacted for your payment information.

At first, they were going to be ready by September. Then, it was late Sepember/early October. Now, it seems like it is leaning more towards October and not so much the end of September. They're leaving it fuzzy.
Old 2009-09-11, 12:22pm
I need more boro stuff

Thanks, Kim

Old 2009-10-11, 6:27am
phrit phreak

Sorry you're going thru the BS Kim. You've always went above and beyond helping people w/ their torches vs concentrator questions....and you've always been very supportive of GTT.
Anyone get their Scorpions yet?? What's the verdict?

Old 2009-10-27, 2:15pm
I need more boro stuff

nearly the end of Oct. Any update yet?

Old 2009-10-27, 3:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubnavnania View Post
nearly the end of Oct. Any update yet?
Thanks for asking, I was just about asking this exactly same question!

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2009-10-27, 3:10pm

Getting anxious here also!!!
Mary T.

Old 2009-10-27, 5:04pm

I wrote an email, to Gtt late last week, for a new cricket. They told me, it would be 2 to 3 weeks. Yet I have been lurking around the forum, and was afraid, to order from them, because of what has happened to all of you.

Nell

[url= "
href="
ref=profile&id=1617182017" target="_blank">Facebook

[
Old 2009-10-27, 7:15pm

I was notified by GTT that they finished a batch of Crickets last week. I've got several on their way to me as we speak.

The Scorpions will be ready when they are ready ...

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2009-10-28, 4:05am
GlassDocNC

Well worth the wait IMHO.
Old 2009-10-28, 4:55am

I can understand why they would send the torches to the companies first.

Nell

[url= "
href="

[
Old 2009-10-28, 8:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedancer View Post
I can understand why they would send the torches to the companies first.
GTT makes more money selling their torches direct to the user (retail) than when they sell to companies (wholesale). Except for the new Scorpion ... in which case, we distributors pay the same price that you guys do.

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2009-10-28, 9:58am

Ok, Malcolm: All is good. I just was saying what the email, I received said. No problem. Thanks.

Nell

[url= "
href="

[
Old 2009-10-28, 4:17pm
Flamewoman

I would like to order a Scorpion, Kim what is the best way to do this? on your Pyronomix
website I could not find a link. I sent you an email last week or so, and have not heard back.
These are my questions:
1) will the scorpion give me a hotter wider flame with my regalia than my lynx?
I am assuming that the scorpion is designed to work with this type of concentrator.
basically I want to know if it is a step up from a lynx. I think it must be.
2) I am not really pressed for time when I order one, as I have my lynx, but when
might it be shipped?
3) I want to get it with the introductory price special, how long is that good for?
4) will they charge my card when it is shipped, or when I order?
5)Should I order from the GTT website?
Thanks

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2009-10-28, 7:05pm

I have my new torch delivered tomorrow. Woot! Glad i did what I did.

Nell

[url= "
href="

[
Old 2009-10-28, 7:06pm

I order it from a Flametree Glass, on Tuesday.

Nell

[url= "
href="

[
Old 2009-10-29, 7:55am
PyronamixK

Hi Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
I would like to order a Scorpion, Kim what is the best way to do this? on your Pyronomix
website I could not find a link.
I am not selling the Scorpion; GTT is. Their website is www.glasstorchtech.com. If I do end up selling it while the torch is on the intro pricing, it will not be for the introductory price (because I am not getting a discount of any kind and cannot sell it for cost - the processing fees for running credit cards/PayPal fees and shipping costs prohibit me from doing that). I cannot even say that I would be able to sell the torch for the same price as GTT after it comes off the intro price, either, because, well, it is unclear as to whether I will be getting a discount then.

I was promised a discount on the Crickets as soon as they came off the introductory pricing and here it is almost two months after the intro price was lifted and I do not have a discount. The sorry thing is that for weeks and weeks and weeks before the intro price was lifted, I was told to hold on and that they would let me know what my discount would be. I waited to order torches believing that I would be getting discount pricing. Had I known that GTT (namely Wally) would not be honoring the agreement, I would have ordered several at the introductory price. Heck, if I had known that he would not be honoring his agreement, I would not have spent the countless hours I put into those torches on them.

I know that there is a select small group of distributors gettings discounts on Crickets right now. Isn't it funny that here I am, married to the President of the company and responsible for the testing and initial marketing exposure these torches have had, and am a GTT distributor, and I am not getting a discount on them? Even Willy can't figure that one out.

Quote:
I sent you an email last week or so, and have not heard back.
I'm sorry, I thought I had answered your email, but I guess it didn't go through.

Quote:
These are my questions:
1) will the scorpion give me a hotter wider flame with my regalia than my lynx?
I am assuming that the scorpion is designed to work with this type of concentrator.
basically I want to know if it is a step up from a lynx. I think it must be.
The Scorpion is indeed designed to run on a concentrator set-up.

I have done some limited testing with a Scorpion prototype. The flame is wider, but I do not have enough data to know whether it is hotter.

Perhaps GTT has done some testing. You could ask them. Be sure to ask what the actual melt tests showed.

Quote:
2) I am not really pressed for time when I order one, as I have my lynx, but when
might it be shipped?
Funny you should ask. Originally, Wally said that the Scorpions would be ready in September. Then, he said October. So, who knows... Email or call GTT. You'll probably get a better answer than I would get.

Quote:
3) I want to get it with the introductory price special, how long is that good for?
I have no idea. My suggestion would be to contact GTT and ask them. Maybe if enought people asked...

Quote:
4) will they charge my card when it is shipped, or when I order?
I believe that the practice is still to only charge a card once the torch is ready to ship.

Quote:
5)Should I order from the GTT website?
Thanks
Yes. That is, unless, some of the select special distributors are getting a sweetheart of a deal from Wally.
Old 2009-10-29, 8:02am
I fart diamonds

I ordered my Scorpion back in August and my card has not been charged. When I ordered my Crickets when they launched, my card wasn't charged until they shipped. In fact, GTT called me to let me know that they were about to charge my card.

Old 2009-11-01, 8:57am
Booger #7

Any word on the release of the Scorpions? Last time I emailed, I was told the end of Oct.

Old 2009-11-01, 9:16am

I talked to GTT on Friday and was told the releases of the Scorpion has been pushed back to the middle of November; which is fine with me as it gives me more time to budget for it, besides, all good things are worth the wait!

Last edited by Elleth; 2009-11-01 at 9:27am.
Old 2009-11-01, 9:25am
Booger #7

Cool...thanks Maggie!

Old 2009-11-01, 3:35pm

What is the wait on a bobcat right now?