Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-07-13, 3:29am
Formerly NurseKatie :)

Default Mott's Children Hospital?

Is the Mott's Children's Hospital, in Ann Arbor Michigan (University of Michigan Health System) involved in the Beads of Courage program?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-13, 6:00am

The only Michigan member hospitals at the moment are in Flint and Detroit.

Robert
Old 2011-07-13, 2:33pm

Default Mott

I wish Mott were one of the hospitals too - I'm in Ann Arbor.

Nancy Peterson
Beaver Island Jewelry

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-14, 3:35am

Can I be of assistance in getting it at Mott's?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-16, 5:10pm
Obsessed Blogger

Would love for you to be of assistance!!! Email Colin Smith at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
She is in charge of bringing new hospitals on board.

::
Old 2011-07-16, 5:31pm

Quote:
Would love for you to be of assistance!!! Email Colin Smith at
She is in charge of bringing new hospitals on board.
Done! Thank you!

Old 2011-07-18, 3:29pm
Obsessed Blogger

keeping my fingers crossed. Love having BOC everywhere but especially where we have one of our own on the frontlines. Thanks Catie!

Old 2011-07-19, 7:47am
Your Royal Fritness

If I could do anything just let me know
Mott is a Great Hospital!

Old 2011-07-19, 9:37am

Does anyone know the criteria used to initiate this program at a hospital? I work for Beaumont Hospital Troy but don't know if they have an IP peds cancer program.

My Ebay
Old 2011-07-19, 10:19am
Obsessed Blogger

Hi Kat.

Colin can help with all of that.
BOC also has a NICU program, Hematology, Cardiac, Long Term Illness, Transplant, (not sure if burns is up and running) etc. If there is any specialty kids work going on, BOC may be able to serve them. It especially helps if we have someone on the "inside" who can help with introductions at a new site.

When you talk with Colin, don't be surprised if she already has talked wtih someone or if they're already on the list to come on board! It's always a good contact to make though because it often prompts a follow up that she's been meaning to make.

There are so many factors that go into getting a site under contract and up and running. I'm amazed that we have over 100 hospitals now given all of the hoops of funding, implementation, etc. Eventually, someone gets it and they realize that BOC is one of the best things they can do for their population so don't give up hoping for a site near you!

BOC also serves clinics that provide services for kids getting treatment.

Old 2011-07-19, 8:19pm

Thanks so much for that info Lori.
Just e-mailed Colin now.

My Ebay

Last edited by glasslass2; 2011-07-19 at 8:22pm.
Old 2011-07-20, 3:34am

Might Colin be on a vacation? I still have no response to my email. I hate to pester people, especially if they are busy! I did send another, just to make sure that she even got the first one.

Old 2011-07-21, 2:36pm
Obsessed Blogger

You know what...she IS on vacation. I forgot that she mentioned something last week about not taking her computer to the beach.
Then, when she gets back, she'll need to dig out from the pile of emails she's inevitably get.

Don't be afraid to contact her again in a week though if you haven't heard back. She won't mind.

Old 2011-07-21, 5:13pm

Thanks for the update Lori.

My Ebay
Old 2011-07-21, 5:43pm

Colin sent me the info to pass along as needed. If you pm me with your email I will send it out to you!
Old 2011-07-22, 7:10am

Pm'd ya Robin.

My Ebay
Old 2011-07-22, 5:43pm

Thanks Robin, Sent you a PM. Colin did respond to let me know she is a bit tied up, so if you can get me some info to get the ball rolling that would be great! Thank you!

Old 2011-07-22, 8:14pm

I've forwarded the information to Kat and Catie. Anybody else?

The people at BOC are great -- they are happy to offer advice, answer questions, and offer fundraising ideas. They are really informative and helpful, and you can tell they LOVE their jobs!