TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: What kind of glass is your primary medium?
Boro 62 11.68%
Satake 2 0.38%
COE 104 411 77.40%
COE 96 20 3.77%
COE 90 34 6.40%
Other 2 0.38%
Voters: 531. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-05, 6:02pm
phrit phreak

104 and a little bullseye

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-05, 6:02pm

I was 104 mostly but now Boro.I still use 104 but mostly use Boro.
G.
Old 2006-11-05, 6:08pm
Bead Imp

104 here. I've never even tried any of the others. Some day...
Old 2006-11-05, 8:08pm
Butterfly Rancher

For fusing, which I started about 5 years ago, I have COE 90 & 96.

I started torching last January and all my rods are COE 104. Now, of course, I keep thinking of ways to combine fusing and torchwork so I have cut some strips from my sheet glass to use at the torch... but there's also Satake and Boro to try...
Old 2006-11-05, 8:34pm

I'm mainly 104 for beads, but as I fuse as well my sheets are bullseye so I have some rods in that as well. I also have 96 - love some of the colors, and a small selection of Satake (because of the colors) which I haven't had the courage to try out yet!

Old 2006-11-05, 9:02pm
MacGalver

104 has enough variety to have kept me busy and intrigued for .... sheesh like 13 years now. I've always been curious about other glass, but I don't really wanna open up that floodgate!
Old 2006-11-05, 11:41pm
I'm a lilac!

I use anything I can melt. but I think that I mostly use 90, then 33, then 96, then 104, then 120.

Old 2006-11-06, 12:44am
Boro Brat

I'm mostly a boro girl, but sometimes I play with moretti or bullseye just for fun I want to start playing with some sculpting in moretti soon and see where that goes, but I think my true love will always be boro...I love the colors and the stiffness of the glass and I LOVE that when I make hollow things I can coil-wrap right over the end of a tube and don't have to mess with mandrels at ALL!! YAY

Old 2006-11-06, 10:36am

Well, I've recently come over to the dark side so right now, I'm boro all the way... lol

Jo
Old 2006-11-06, 10:40am
Type ZZZ personality

Mostly 104 and boro but I do use Bullseye and 96 sometimes too. I want it alll!!!!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2006-11-06, 11:24am
Button Queen

I started out with Effetre (104) because that's what the teacher taught with. And the price was right.

But this summer I got the Bullseye Studio Pack and I LOVE it! Definatley the way to go. So I see myself gradually working through my 104 and going to mainly 90.

Although I just did buy a Uroboros sampler pack - yup, another COE - 96!

This really needed to be a multiple choice question...! LOL!
Old 2006-11-06, 5:49pm
Guera loca

I use mostly 104, but also play with ALL of the others.

Thank goodness for colored nail polish or I'd never tell them all apart. I think I'm up to 8 different color codes for marking now.

I need professional help. <sigh>

Barb

- our restaurant
Old 2006-11-07, 10:55am
Lady Firebird

So far mostly 104, but I do some with Bullseye and am just venturing into boro.

So much glass, so little time...

GTT Scorpion torch & Regalia oxycon

Old 2006-11-07, 1:49pm
ManBearPig

All boro, all the time...

Old 2006-11-08, 10:06am
HourGlass Studio

I "was" 104 coe, dabbled with 96 and 90 coe.....but recently soft glass just doesnt excite me like boro does. I am in LOVE with boro.

Old 2006-11-08, 11:13am

I answered 90, because I will be starting, and getting the studio pack next month. We're working on a studio area this month. So no glass yet, but I plan on BE primarily.
Old 2006-11-08, 10:23pm
Skeptical Optimist

I too have been bitten by the boro bug I love it, it's all I think about besided my hubby, and I fantasize about new colors to save up for and all the things that can be done on my 8M... Plus these forums are the first stop I make when I go online. That all adds up to one happy boro obsession, I am in love, deep love, with boro glass. Hopelessly lost to the dark side!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2006-11-09, 12:34am
I've got goodies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakisses
I am so dense sometimes....I get something stuck in my head and cannot get around it....for some reason I have it in my head Bullseye is 96 instead of 90 and I just bought all of Lynn's short twisties in 96 with nothing to use them on!
Find out if they are 100% Reich/Kugler/Zimmerman/Gaffer with no Moretti or Uroboros mixed in. If they are, you can use them with BE. (5% rule)

LE members get 5% off all purchases!!
Coupon code LE

Old 2006-11-09, 2:25am
one day at a time

104 for me, and I use a lot of 96 COE frits. I occasionally use Uroboros and Spectrum sheet glass. When I have the funds, I want the big BE studio stocking order, and of course, lots of boro.
Old 2006-11-09, 8:28am

moretti, bullseye, uroboros, dabble with boro

Old 2006-11-09, 8:40am

At this point, the most I have is in coe 104, since that's what I started with ten years ago. But I need a change so I recently got the BE studio pack as well as some Uroboros to use with frits. I love the BE colors but am waiting for my new generator before I start melting the new coe's. Hopefully next week I'll be good to go.
Old 2006-11-13, 4:50am
Steph ~ glass fuser

I use bullseye (90) as I'm a fuser - they have some fab colours. I keep meaning to try other brands but it's easier to stick to one coe when you have lots of scrappy bits than starting in a whole new coe you have to keep separate!

WEBSITE & ONLINE SHOP:
|
BLOG:
Old 2006-11-14, 4:14pm

Mostly 104 but am getting others. With all the frits available, want colors of rods with same COE as frits and not have to just use the frits judiciously on the 104.
Old 2006-11-14, 6:30pm
Following my Dream

Only thing I have used so far is COE 104 glass.I'm still on a HH though.Not alot that I can use.But I do love my HH and I'm happy to have any torch at this point.I'm ruined...hooked...addicted give me fire and glass and I'm a happy camper....lol
Margie

My name is Margie...and I'm addicted to glass...no...to fire...no...to glass...no...
Old 2006-12-10, 7:04pm
Meow is worse than Bite!

104 but getting into 96 more. I like to use the beautiful frits with the 96.

Linda

"...precise, perfect people who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything." -Henry Ward Beecher

Old 2006-12-11, 7:24am

mostly boro for me, the wife uses 104.

Old 2006-12-11, 11:41am
Who, me?

104 here.

<---click here...I have auctions!

Old 2006-12-11, 4:09pm

Bullseye here!

Old 2006-12-29, 10:07am
Glass Addict

I use 104 and 96 mostly. But have a few 90 rods too.
Old 2006-12-30, 6:30am
In spite of it all!

Mostly 104.... but I have been playing around with the others recently.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey