Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-04-15, 5:23pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Default Tell me about your Regalia. Love it?

Hey all,

Thinking about replacing my 2 regular 5LPM oxycons with a Regalia. Wondering if it's worth the $$.

Tell me why you love yours and what it does that 2 regular oxycons can't!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-04-15, 6:54pm
Smooches!

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE my Regalia! I went from tanked oxy to the regalia - my torch was a lynx - couldn't even tell it wasn't tanked O2!

Then I upgraded my torch to a Cheetah - that Regalia just keeps rocking along. I LOVE my Regalia, and am glad that I spent the extra bucks for it right at the beginning!

If I ever decide to do big boro, then I would buy another Regalia in a heartbeat!

Miss Kate

p.s. Did I tell you I LOVE my Regalia?

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-04-15, 9:47pm

What is a Regalia ?

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2008-04-16, 6:06am
Smooches!

Regalia is an oxygen concentrator sold by Kimberly at www.pyronamix.com.

It puts out 10 LPM - very steady, no "breathing" issues, runs my torch just wonderfully.

Miss Kate

Old 2008-04-16, 6:48am
Lady Firebird

I love, love, love my Regalia! I rarely work with tanked oxy (only when I'm in a class or at the Hot Times retreat), and haven't ever tried putting two 5lpm concentrators together, but compared to my old single refurbished 5lpm concentrator, well, there IS no comparison. The old one was temperamental and even when working soft glass I felt like I was struggling. Now with the Regalia I work boro (beads, pendants, and up to 1" or so marbles) with no problems whatsoever. On the rare occasions I do soft glass these days, the glass melts so fast that I have to really watch to keep it from getting away from me.

Best of all, it's a totally non-temperamental trouper. No breathing or anything, just OXY.

GTT Scorpion torch & Regalia oxycon

Old 2008-04-16, 7:34am

I am so glad I bought one. No complaints. Saves lots of trips to the oxygen supplier. I have a Dragon Bullet (similiar to a Barracuda on power). My DIY husband hooked up the Regalia with valves in the line so I can use it or tanked oxygen. I use the Regalia mostly but keep the tank for the extra boost I want in oxygen sometimes. Now if it was on a foot control, that would be even better but man o'chevitz.. they are expensive.

One of the things I like about the Regalia is that it is quieter than other concentrators. You can turn it down to 5-8 to run soft glass or up to 10 for boro..

In a nutshell, I am totally satisfied with it's performance. Have had it for about six months or so, now and have had no problems. If it is affordable to you, I highly recommend it.

Old 2008-04-16, 8:37am
Butterfly Rancher

I adore my Regalia! I like that it doesn't have any alarms or shut-off. I like the digital readout. I like that it's quiet. My MiniCC was ecstatic with the jump from 5LPM to 10LPM! I only have the space for one unit so I never had two 5 LPMs linked -- so I can't compare that factor.

And best of all -- Kimberly at Pyronamix is delightful to work with and my Regalia arrived in less than a week travelling ground from coast-to-coast.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2008-04-16, 10:14am

I recently purchased a Regalia and love it. It's actually my third generator/concentrator. It's quiet and powerful. I'm running my Cheetah on it now but also have run a Barracuda on it. I really try to research purchases - especially big ones - and I was impressed with the consistently positive comments about it and Pyronamix's great customer service. I've taken classes with beadmakers who have an Integra, the earlier version of the Regalia, and they are still happy with that. So I would absolutely recommend a Regalia.
Old 2008-04-16, 10:28am

I heartily recommend the Regalia - and Kimberly from pryonamix! I have a lynx formerly on a smaller concentrator, and the Regalia is a great improvement... I can whip out beads left and right and they are all beautiful ... okay, not all of them are beautiful, but I certainly have enough ooomph to make what I want with the Lynx and will soon be swapping it for my new, and as yet untouched, Phantom (been a hard winter).

Sals
Old 2008-04-16, 11:20am
Smooches!

Did I mention how much I LOVE my Regalia?

Miss Kate

Old 2008-04-16, 12:16pm
just plain silly

My story is the same as Miss Kate's (lynx - cheetah - tanked oxy) and I can't remember how miserable my life was before my Regalia. I was hauling oxy tanks for refills 2x a week and the cost was crazy. My Regalia paid for itself in a very short time and I am saving time, gas, my car being bashed up from the tanks and my body cuz those suckers are heavy! I can easily switch back to my tanks but have never felt the need to even consider it. I agree with all the above comments and wish I would have gotten it sooner. Oh yeah.... I LOVE Kimberly best of all!!!

Suzanne
Old 2008-04-16, 8:35pm
Smooches!

But did I tell you how much I love my Regalia?????

oh, I guess I did.

Old 2008-04-16, 8:51pm

Im in Vancouver BC Canada .Does anyone know if they can be found here?

Miss Kate ,,,how much do you love your Regalia???????hahahaha

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2008-04-17, 5:41am
Smooches!

Hi Karen,
I don't believe I've told anyone just how much I love my Regalia!

I think if you contact Kimberly at www.pyronamix.com she can tell you about if any are available in Canada. She's super nice too!

Miss Kate