Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2005-07-28, 4:37am
Red*Dog*Designs

Default Best Respirator ? Best Place ?

I need to purchase a respirator for working with enamels etc. What is the best type to get and the best place to get it ?

I did an internet search and found this

http://www.websoft-solutions.net/3m_...3m-7000ser.htm

I don't want to end up with something that I can't use

Thanks !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Debi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot

Old 2005-07-29, 4:31pm
Red*Dog*Designs

No one has an opinion ?

Debi

We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot

Old 2005-08-01, 1:55pm

The 3M one is good. I think the filters you need for it are 'particulate'.

Try a search on the ISGB or WC. They have had threads about this a lot.

Old 2005-08-02, 8:05am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi
No one has an opinion ?

OOPS... Meant to do the research for you and lost my focus and completely forgot about it... Sorry...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2005-08-02, 8:11am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote from Vince on ISGB forum....

A rating of either P100 or N100 is perfect. The difference is that P100 is rated for atmospheres containing oil mists and N100 is not. Either type is perfect for fumes and dusts encountered in glass lampwork.

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2005-08-02, 1:36pm
Red*Dog*Designs

Thanks Dale, I found Vince's post after no one responded here. I bookmarked a couple of sources and will post them here after I find my bookmarks !

Debi

Old 2005-08-02, 2:48pm
Red*Dog*Designs

Here are 2 sources I found

http://store.cyberweld.com/3mpare82n1.html

http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/...ulate.htm#8233

Debi

Old 2005-09-03, 9:37pm

Default Cyberweld

Hi Debi,

I'm glad you asked this question cuz I need a respirator also. I emailed Cyberweld and asked them about the proper respirator and "Kelly" is going to check on it for me. He/She seems to think that an "organic" fume or something or other may be needed. Anyway, I gave them the PELs for Nitrogen Oxides and expect to hear back after the weekend.

I'll post the info sent. I'm not saying anyone else is wrong...I just think it's good to have a 2nd...3rd...4th...opinion and I'm doing this for myself anyway, might as well share the knowledge (when I get it).

Tracy

Old 2005-09-16, 9:13pm

Well still no reply from the rep so I won't be buying from THEM.