Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-06-19, 8:37pm

Default Unlimited Oxygen and Brent Graber Rock!:-D

So, a few months ago I made the mistake of picking up some boro to play around with. Pretty soon, I had hooked my concentrators together to make my piranha have more power so I could melt more boro. Of course, I was addicted to boro by then. I upgraded to a barracuda and soon realized oxygen was a problem. I should say that through the torch buying process Ron Jr. of R4GlassStudios was walking me through the advantages and disadvantages of boro and the torches and various kinds of oxygen. I decided to get a giant tank of oxygen and use my concentrators for soft glass.

Please keep reading, I am getting there. I promise!

The tanked oxy worked so much better on the boro and soon I was running out of a the biggest tank possible in 2-3 days. So, I talked to Ron who told me to ask Brent. I aske Brent what I would need to run my cuda as close as possbile to tanked oxy because I had gotten used to it and the colors it produces and he recommend two M15 units. They were running a sale and I got an outstanding price for two of them. So, in all, I waited about 5 weeks for the units. The sale they ran created a lot of orders so I finally got them yesterday.

One of them is the new design they are going to start using eventually. It is so cool. It looks like a black metal box with a handle, ventilation area and a place to plug in your hose. It was all compact and the red painting on it is cool. They must not have had two of them because the other unit looks like the typical medical supply unit but that is just appearances. On to the good stuff which is how do they work. They work beautifully. I already had all the set up for hooking to oxycons together because I had done that for my other concentrators and I have quick connects and all. I turned them on and was first very surprised how quiet they are compared to my older ones. Then, I fired up the torch and made a few test beads. I made some boro stuff that I knew would not strike if the purity wasn't good because I had tried it on my old concentrators and it left a haze. These two units together really did feel pretty close to the heat I got from a tank. I know I got the colors I wanted from the boro I tested. I am so excited. No more swapping out tanks. I love that I can just turn it down on the torch and it won't hurt the units when I want to do soft glass.

I had to call Unlimited Oxygen with a couple of questions today and Jule was so polite. I was confused with the black box unit where the flow meter was and she explained that it is in there and pre-set. Wow, what a great experience. I am just a normal person that needed more oxygen for my big torch and I am pleased. Very pleased. Brent did a great job and UO did a great job. They did so well that I plan to send them some thank-you beads when I get a chance. I will of course have to keep check on it since I've only had it for a half day but I just wanted to take the time to say how pleased I am with Brent and UO.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-06-19, 11:18pm
Knob Creek Glass

I love my three UO M-15's. I am happy you like yours. I will have to investigate this black box design. UO is only about 30 miles from me!
Old 2008-06-20, 5:18am
boro color bender

Thank you Rachel... it was a pleasure and you're pretty darn wonderful too.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-06-20, 6:11am
Borovangelist

Is there a combination of these magic boxes that can run the major on a redmax like it's on a tank? I hate hauling tanks back and forth, and between 30-40 dollar fill ups (I have two sizes of tanks), gas and time the concentrators might pay for themselves quickly

|
|
Old 2008-06-20, 8:22pm
Spoiled

Magic boxes! That's funny.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-06-21, 1:40pm

Brent or someone with more experience with the major might be able to tell you more but I can tell you that I was running a barracuda on a tank and these two M15s hooked together with basic stuff from the hardware store are running as close as a tank as I could have imagined. They are actually running hotter because I didn't run my tanked oxy that hot because I was trying to save it and because I was new to boro but I can tell you that I've gotten really nice color from the boro that requires a lot of oxygen quality and plenty of heat that I couldn't get on my other concentrators. They were just not strong enough for it. But, I certainly relate to the pain of taking the oxygen tanks back and forth and if you run out on a weekend, you are just out of luck. I will see if Brent can help you a bit more with information though.

Quote:
Is there a combination of these magic boxes that can run the major on a redmax like it's on a tank? I hate hauling tanks back and forth, and between 30-40 dollar fill ups (I have two sizes of tanks), gas and time the concentrators might pay for themselves quickly

Old 2008-06-21, 1:55pm
boro color bender

Quote:
I haven't run a Redmax on one... I'd say it's about the same as a Cuda, but I wouldn't guarantee it. I'll see if I can get a Redmax for testing on my units. I'll also call Jean at Nortel and pick her brain. I've been meaning to.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-06-22, 2:39pm
Borovangelist

By all means, please let me know

|
|
Old 2008-07-11, 3:28am
Who me?

I'll second the kudos for Unlimited Oxygen. Got my M-5 - love it.

When it arrived the casing was busted on both front and back at the handle - looks like the shipper dropped the box from roof height - called UO and I suggested that rather than pay shipping for the heavy thing both directions that I could replace the covers if they provided them - they arrived and look easy peasy to replace - of course they said I could call and they would walk me through it if I have any trouble.

Replacing the cover tonight - warranty still intact - I'm a happy camper - I'm getting way more Oxy out of my UO M-5 than I was out of my Invacare even when it was "new".