LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-09-01, 3:25pm
Floral Obsessed

Hmm, so that's what I was doing wrong - I was waiting a bit too long to do the cold seal, like I was working moretti. I've been having so much fun with the boro shorts I've gotten from you (and the massive clear stash I recently scored off a non-glass friend)! But I'm definitely still getting the hang of sealing (both cold and hot) because it's so different from soft glass! This video was very clear and helpful. You have a great speaking voice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nov. 2003-Nov 2005 --> QuietTorch, 1lb MAPP ::
:: Nov. 2005-May 2007 --> Piranha, NG, 1 Solaris oxycon ::
:: May 2007-Present --> Piranha, NG, 2 Solaris oxycons
Old 2008-09-06, 2:05pm

Great video Brent! I think I finally see what I'm doing wrong, letting the "hot" piece cool too much and letting the "cold" piece too close to the fire so it gets too hot.
Hope the other videos will be out soon.

Old 2008-09-06, 2:40pm
boro color bender

Ruth, I'm letting my buddy Jason handle that part of it. He knows the rules and such. I may have my son record some acoustic parts and Jason has much music skill, so I'm probably going to use origional stuff.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-09-15, 11:27pm

yeahhh we want more, we want more

realy great cant wait to see more
Old 2008-09-27, 8:06pm

Hey Brent! How soon will your videos be for sale. Can I add them to my Christmas wish list?
Old 2008-09-28, 2:10pm

Awesome Brent. I didn't get to read all the replies but I have so many requests for Boro tutorials. I haven't had a boro class and I am addicted to boro so I need some help. I need help with implosions even though I am getting there with those. I would love to know how to do implosions on tubing though. I see these awesome marbles and there is a tutorial in glassline showing how to make an implosion using tubing and I would love to know how to do that. I would also love to know how to make the pinks you get. You have told me what colors to use but I still haven't gotten that pink with tanked oxy or concentrators and for that matter, I can't get my hearts to fatten up using your free heart tutorial either. Please, more more more!!!!!!

Old 2008-09-29, 1:43am
Just Me

Talking

How cool! Thats it I am going to start a stash. As soon as the DVD is ready I will be waiting! Well done and I cant wait till they are ready!

Remember it's already tomorrow in Australia!
Old 2008-09-29, 9:02am

Can't wait for the videos, I think you should come back to Omaha and give another class! We are all waiting, some of us with our tongues hanging out and arms loaded with mass quantity of boro!!

Brenda B.
Old 2008-09-30, 9:22am

Brent, that is a great video. I liked how "clean" it was. I wasn't distracted by mounds of glass (because we all want to dig visually through that and see what all goodies are buried there....big distraction!).

Also, very, very clear, focused, tight. Sound was great. I could see the flame so well with the black background. I've seen a bunch of soft glass videos and a few hard glass DVDs where not seeing the flame was a problem (where it ended, its chemistry, where the glass was in relation to the flame, etc.). Also, I like the point of view from the artist...that is, looking down at the torch from your side of the table.

I loved your class in Atlanta, and think of you every time my double amber purple does that cool thing it does (which it didn't before I took you class).

Great job!
- Kristy