Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2009-03-27, 4:18pm

Default Airport Shuttle

The toll-free # is: 1-866-791-7626

They have shuttles coming at specific times, so you may have to wait depending on your flight. My flight comes in at 1pm, the shuttle leaves at 1:30pm, so if my luggage takes too long, or the flight is late - the next shuttle isn't until 2:45 pm!! So I would definitely call to check out the times.

See you there,
Melody
P.S. I love your DVD and have now decided I need a bigger torch
Old 2009-03-27, 4:57pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Yay! Thanks for posting that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-28, 12:40am
He can do the origami

LE get together dinner thread. Who all is going?

Otter
Old 2009-03-29, 9:32am
Sam I Am

Raychel and I will be at the ISGB information booth 430.

See you in Vegas Baby!
Sam

Old 2009-03-29, 9:51am
Sam I Am

Oh and I'll be helping Gail Stouffer's classes. Thursday Friday too it's full
She still has some spots open for the hot stuff class.
FR-30-A - HOT STUFF POT MELTS, PATTERN BARS & THE VITROGRAPH
Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Gail Stouffer
INTERMEDIATE
FUSING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED

Sam

Old 2009-03-29, 11:22am
I speak Murrini!

I'm flying in late Friday p.m., and will be meeting my hubby who has a trade show (in security genre) all week. I won't be able to make a get-together, but will be at the show Saturday, so I hope to see you'z guyz there! I'll be the short one with the short blond hair and the HUGE smile on my face! My pic is in my avatar, so if you see me but I don't see you, GRAB ME and say "hello", OK? PLEASE!?!

Have fun everyone - I know I will!

Hugs,
De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-03-29, 11:30am
JulieV

3 years ago, someone made LE name tags....Geneva I think...anyhow, that was a great idea. Anyone feel up to it? Anyone who could bring them to the supper? Then if we all wore them throughout the show, we'd recognise each other. Or other le'ers that didn't make the supper would maybe stop the name tag wearers and introduce themselves? Just a thought.

Old 2009-03-29, 11:35am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
It's coming up quick! I'm in crunch time and making some really fun stuff! I love the week before a show. I work best under pressure! Can't wait to see you all!
Hi Brent~

I'm definitely gonna check out your spread, and hope I have enough $ to make a purchase I bought your wonderful one-eyed creature last year, and I just love her! She's so whimsical and different...any "baby" sisters or brother's to accompany her? (Wink!)

I know you're also offering to donate 10% of your sales to Shannon Hill, so I'll be looking to make a purchase to contribute to that great cause, too! I was gonna ask for a preview, but I know you're busier than heck - so I'll just wait to see what's there and hope for something to reach out and grab me or give me a wink back!

See you Saturday!
De

Old 2009-03-29, 7:39pm
Chrissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Glass School View Post
Come see Eugene Glass School at the Glass Craft & Bead Expo and Team Eugene Glass School at the International Hot Glass Invitational. GO TEAM EGS!

Register for classes at the show and get a free Eugene Glass School membership ($100 value).

www.eugeneglassschool.org
What night are you doing the Invitational? I have tickets for Friday night! I'm so excited this should be fun!!!!

Old 2009-04-01, 9:37pm
Glass Gangster 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Hi Brent~

I'm definitely gonna check out your spread, and hope I have enough $ to make a purchase I bought your wonderful one-eyed creature last year, and I just love her! She's so whimsical and different...any "baby" sisters or brother's to accompany her? (Wink!)

I know you're also offering to donate 10% of your sales to Shannon Hill, so I'll be looking to make a purchase to contribute to that great cause, too! I was gonna ask for a preview, but I know you're busier than heck - so I'll just wait to see what's there and hope for something to reach out and grab me or give me a wink back!

See you Saturday!
De
I just got done digging through all of Brents awesome AWESOME glass and I know which piece is coming home with me already!!! I'm sooooo stoked!!!

The show is lining up quite nicely and the International Hot Glass Invitational is going to be off the hook!!!! Come down and check it out!!!! and if you can't get the video LIVE STREAMED to your cpu at home to experience the action!!!

aloha!

"Parasol spinning casually.
Like, I'm an artist!
Please don't laugh at me...."
Old 2009-04-02, 3:26pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Burton Glass View Post
I just got done digging through all of Brents awesome AWESOME glass...aloha!
LUCK-EEEEE!!!!

De

Old 2009-04-03, 7:50am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Burton Glass View Post
I just got done digging through all of Brents awesome AWESOME glass and I know which piece is coming home with me already!!! I'm sooooo stoked!!!

The show is lining up quite nicely and the International Hot Glass Invitational is going to be off the hook!!!! Come down and check it out!!!! and if you can't get the video LIVE STREAMED to your cpu at home to experience the action!!!

aloha!
The International Hot Glass Invitational is proud to announce LIVE WEB STREAMING and registration/purchasing is now set-up and available to access via our website... www.internationalhotglassinvitational.com

Streaming of the event will begin at 6:00pm PST, Friday, April 3rd. We will broadcast the night in its entirety. Saturday's broadcast will begin at 5:00pm PST, with our attempt to establish a new world record for the longest hot glass cane pull. We need 250', but hope to cover a football field. The broadcast will continue until the conclusion of the IGI at 9:30 pm PST.

We will have 3 cameras catching the action and routed through the webstream. Only 1 camera at a time can be routed to the webstream, but our camera crew will be catching all the hot action. We are working with the same crew that has experience covering Ultimate Fighter Championships, International Fight League and World Series of Poker. We expect a great show!!! Please help support this event and the future of this event by subscribing and getting the word out.

Schedule
Friday
6:00 6:30 pm Friday night Opening ceremonies
6:30 7:00 pm Team competition, 3 hours of non stop action

Pontilmotion
Frabel
Centrifugal Force
Lone Star
Team EGS
Wienmeyer

Furnace Demonstration
Michael Angelo Menconi
George Kennard

Flameworking competitors

Saturday
5:00 6:00 pm Guiness World Record attempt, world's longest cane pull
6:00 6:30 PM 2nd night introductions
6:30 9:30 pm Team Competition, 3 hours of non-stop action

Rocker
Men in Black
Pitagora
Northstar
Onion Mountain
Sientific Splash
Scientific Splash

Furnace Demonstration
Einar and Jaimex de la Torre
Old 2009-04-03, 9:52am
I speak Murrini!

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! See ya' all tomorrow!!! Flying over in a few hours...

De

Old 2009-04-03, 8:24pm

People. if you can't make it to Vegas, sign up for this !!!!!! Seriously, this is going to be one off the *** BEST *** hot glass competitions anywhere, ever!!!

Just $30.00 for all-access to both events, both live and on-demand!

This is WORLD CLASS HOT GLASS!!!! Y'all gotta see this!

Malcolm

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb View Post
The International Hot Glass Invitational is proud to announce LIVE WEB STREAMING and registration/purchasing is now set-up and available to access via our website... www.internationalhotglassinvitational.com

Streaming of the event will begin at 6:00pm PST, Friday, April 3rd. We will broadcast the night in its entirety. Saturday's broadcast will begin at 5:00pm PST, with our attempt to establish a new world record for the longest hot glass cane pull. We need 250', but hope to cover a football field. The broadcast will continue until the conclusion of the IGI at 9:30 pm PST.

We will have 3 cameras catching the action and routed through the webstream. Only 1 camera at a time can be routed to the webstream, but our camera crew will be catching all the hot action. We are working with the same crew that has experience covering Ultimate Fighter Championships, International Fight League and World Series of Poker. We expect a great show!!! Please help support this event and the future of this event by subscribing and getting the word out.

Schedule
Friday
6:00 6:30 pm Friday night Opening ceremonies
6:30 7:00 pm Team competition, 3 hours of non stop action

Pontilmotion
Frabel
Centrifugal Force
Lone Star
Team EGS
Wienmeyer

Furnace Demonstration
Michael Angelo Menconi
George Kennard

Flameworking competitors

Saturday
5:00 6:00 pm Guiness World Record attempt, world's longest cane pull
6:00 6:30 PM 2nd night introductions
6:30 9:30 pm Team Competition, 3 hours of non-stop action

Rocker
Men in Black
Pitagora
Northstar
Onion Mountain
Sientific Splash
Scientific Splash

Furnace Demonstration
Einar and Jaimex de la Torre

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2009-04-04, 10:30pm

I'm sitting at McCarron Airport in Vegas waiting for my o-dark-hundred flight back to Michigan. The show was fabulous!! The information shared in the classes was detailed, I met some new glassy eyed friends, and spent WAYYYYY too much money in the market! I sure hope I get to go back again next year
Old 2009-04-05, 12:00am
Gimme that silver glass!

I sooooo wish I could be here...

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-04-05, 12:11am
JulieV

Wanna see pics? I can take pictures tomorrow to show ya!

Old 2009-04-05, 9:41am
Chrissy

The expo was awesome.....The International Hot Glass Invitational was something to see....... I was there on Friday night and saw Oregon...Texas...Austria... Texas and others do their magic....When we get our pictures developed I'll show them to you.....

Old 2009-04-06, 12:21am
JulieV

Dead camera! I'll see if my friend will email pics so I can post them in a day or so when I get home.

Old 2009-04-06, 6:07am
no more

Woot! Dave, Ross, and I ran around that show and made a ton of friends! We had a great time!
Thanks everyone for coming and watching the awesome show!
Old 2009-04-06, 12:57pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I'm slowly recovering from the Expo! This was my third year and the best one ever! Met a bunch of ya'll and made some new friends! It was alllllll good! I only took one class this year, but it was a "Jeri" class and it was awesome!!! Bought some extraordinary beads from several of ya'll and I'm still stoked! PLUS, I came home with $10 from the slots!!!
Old 2009-04-06, 6:24pm
Glass Gangster 808

I'm still in Vegas and loving it!!! The show was awesome! It was great to see everyone that I know that showed up and I met a ton of new peeps as well!! What a blast!! See you all next year!!

aloha!

"Parasol spinning casually.
Like, I'm an artist!
Please don't laugh at me...."
Old 2009-04-06, 8:34pm
Sam I Am

I'm finally home and soooo tired.
Wow I still can't get over the flame off that Rocker was something! all the entries were amazing I only got to see the sat. night flameoff. I wish I could have seen Kevin and Team TX make theirs.
Thanks to everyone one who came by the ISGB booth!
Sam

Old 2009-04-07, 5:22am

Neil and I are home in NJ, and SO tired. We had a great time at this year's Expo, the students seemed especially excited and dedicated and that was wonderful. I had a good time with Tillie, and many other ISGBers (HEY SCHERMO!!). We also got to meet Lisa St. Martin's son Ian - an added bonus. The entire week just zoomed by. I can't wait to see the Flame-Off creations auction (whenever that will be). I bet they raise a ton of money. Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2009-04-07, 8:15am
JulieV

Hey Jeri! I'm home now too. All I can say is WOW, what a week! Hung out with so many old buds and met many new folks too! From Jeff Barber, McDuck, Janel Zorko, Schermo (thank you for the focal!), Brent Graber,Toni L, Laurie L(thank you for the heart!), Cat W, Lisa St. Martin, Doug R., Brent Graber, Otter (thank you for the pendant!), Carla, Greg (thank you for the turtle!!) and Patty. Plus I heard Corrina was helping out at the Frantz booth, but I didn't stop....I know I missed some names here that I met - sorry!
Just had an excellent time and my classes with Catherine Weaver were great!
Here's a few pics of the flame off pieces.
Attached Images

Old 2009-04-07, 8:16am
JulieV

Oops! Forgot to tell you that I placed second in the Gallery of Excellence with one of my beads! (see avatar) WooHoo!

Old 2009-04-07, 11:24am
HourGlass Studio

Congratulations again Julie....sorry I missed seeing you awarded with the ribbon. You must be on cloud nine

Old 2009-04-07, 10:56pm
She's Back & Burnin'

did you guys see the pic of the rocking chair???

Talk about "Rockin"!!!!

Sara

Old 2009-04-08, 12:45am
I speak Murrini!

Wow, what fun this was!!! It was so exciting to be there!!

I first must apologize to those of you whom I didn't get to say hello to...I was so pressed for time and only had 3 hours from the time I got there Saturday until the show closed at 6, so I sort of tore thru! I was also WAY tired - only got a few hours of sleep the night before - so I hope those of you who I did get to meet will forgive me if I seemed a bit foggy!

I was so hoping to make it back that evening for the Flame Off - but alas the "business" dinner I HAD to attend with my husband dragged on and on (I was silently going stir crazy) and I wouldn't have made it back in time no matter what! I sure appreciate all those that were so sweet to me, though - and thanks Julie for the photos! Those pieces look amazing!!!

I was thrilled to see Missy Pam Pitts and her gorgeous Marbles; it's amazing what she does in 104!!! I also saw some of Loco's new boro work...is there anything that lady can't do? I'm gonna beg her to show some of it here soon!!! I was lucky enough to snag a Dragon Sperm in my favorite color combo: pink & black! They are so cute - if you don't have one yet, you MUST get one soon! Carla was a doll, of course, and her work is so sweet and PERFECT!!! Malcolm showed me how the Japanese Air Torches work - I was hypnotized!!! Donna from The Mandrel said hello, and I HAD to buy a couple patterned Dichro 104 strips from Mike Frantz - my first of this stuff to play with. Brent - what a sweetie - was so nice!!! I'm now the lucky owner of his new DVD on Boro, and couldn't leave his booth without making a small but heart-felt contribution to the Shannon Hill Fund Raiser. A lovely lady (was it Jenny? please forgive me duh-ness!) with TAG generously gave me a few rod samples to play with (Taxco and Tibet), and there was such amazing and diverse work on display!!!

I did find an amazing brass Skull stamp that was being offered by Mr. and Mrs. Robert Snodgrass, but I was plum-busted and it was - for now - out of my price range Maybe next time...

I sure had fun seeing everyone, though - hope to be there next year and for sure, I'll allow for a lot more time to visit!

I'd love to see more photos if anyone else has some! I'd definitely like to see that rocking chair!!!

De

Old 2009-04-08, 4:22am
JulieV

I'm fairly certain this is the first place winner by Team Northstar, Skull Chandelier. If you look close in the background, you will see the rocking chair! And it is in the background of 'flower' picture too. There's a guy standing there whose height just comes up to the arms of the chair!
Attached Images