Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-07-15, 8:32pm
Gay rights R human rights

Default A good base?

So I hear that a combo of blue moon and amber purple frit makes a fantastic bead but does anyone have any suggestions for a base colour?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2009-07-15, 11:16pm
Harold Williams Cooney

clear.
Old 2009-07-16, 3:29am
Serenity Now!

..or white...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-07-16, 11:05am

Amber Purple base with a roll of Small Blue Moon, Small A-P, small Loch Ness and Small Clear in equal amounts then encase and just wait till you see what pops out of the kiln, the true ending is out of this world, doesn't look like much going in the kiln but wait and see. If you would like a picture then email me at scatas@cox.net.......I'm "computer handicapped" and I only know how to attach pictures to an email.....SORRY
Brenda

Old 2009-07-16, 11:51am
ManBearPig

I personally don't care for amber/purple and blue moon together, but I would suggest a base of black.

Old 2009-07-18, 12:36pm
Pyromaniac

I agree with black -- amber purples do some pretty stuff on black. Roll in frit and don't melt in all the way, leave frit raised, then encase in clear.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage