Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-02-02, 11:57am
Gay rights R human rights

Default Brilliant Blue

Can anyone show me some examples of GA Brilliant Blue in use? I want to know if it is worth purchasing and what are the best ways to use it...

Thanks in advance
Leslie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-02-02, 12:18pm

I don't have any pics, but I use it a lot. It is more transparent than some of the other cobalts, but it is great for things that you want to transmit light. It is a much more attractive blue than cobalt IMO, but don't expect it to be dark enough to use thinly. I also like layering it over white, yellow, and pink.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-02-02, 12:26pm
No Problem!

Hi Leslie,
I don't have any pictures specifically using brilliant blue but I can tell you that it's a WYSIWYG color so it's not going to do any weird boro stuff. It's a transparent blue that's a little bit lighter than the cobalt blue.
I actually like it better than cobalt in some applications. It is indeed a beautiful brilliant blue that's stable and looks good on it's own and over white or silver and the lighter colors.
If you're looking for some more reactive blue-greens that maintain a degree of transparency I really like NS Turquesa and Irrid, they are fun to overlay with clear.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-02-02, 12:27pm
No Problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
I don't have any pics, but I use it a lot. It is more transparent than some of the other cobalts, but it is great for things that you want to transmit light. It is a much more attractive blue than cobalt IMO, but don't expect it to be dark enough to use thinly. I also like layering it over white, yellow, and pink.
Nice Eric, beat me to the post reply button why don't ya..
You know what they say about great minds...

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-02-02, 12:31pm

This is one of my favorite colors. I often layer it over white... The first bead has it layered over white as the base color, it is the base color in the set of beads (no white underneath) ... Hope that helps!
Sandy

Old 2008-02-02, 2:25pm
Flame Dame

I just bought some brilliant blue and it's what I used in my Bumble Berries set. It's really easy to work with...very similar to cobalt blue in soft glass.
Attached Images

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-02-02, 2:45pm
No Problem!

Beautiful examples you two! I'm all out but now I really want more.
Now ain't that pretty Leslie?

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-02-02, 2:53pm

Yes, yes it is. Thank you so much guys. Going to put that one on my order form for the GA sale!

Leslie

Old 2008-02-02, 3:16pm

here's straight Brilliant Blue Spacer, hope this helps
Attached Images

Old 2008-02-02, 3:39pm

leah, nice beads! whats that lovely pink in there?
Old 2008-02-02, 7:16pm
I need more boro stuff

Alright, stupid question here... what is GA?

Doh NVM... I'm reading boro room

Old 2008-02-02, 8:06pm

Glass Alchemy

Old 2008-02-03, 3:40pm
Flame Dame

Beachglass,
It's dougie pink on one side and brilliant blue on the other with a touch of frit.

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-02-03, 4:10pm

thanks, Leah...what a nice combo