No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-08-02, 12:17pm
where is that UPS man?

Default Dark green

ANYBODY HAVE A RECIPE TO GET A DARK GREEN... i HAVE NOT FOUND A DARK GREEN YET THAT IS DARK ENOUGH....
I AM LOOKING FOR A DARK DARK MOSS OR NIGHT GREEN... i HAVE TRIED PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING AVAIL, STILL NOTHING DARK ENOUGH,,,,
ANY GIFTED CANE PULLERS OUT THERE WITH A GOOD RECIPE??????

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-08-02, 12:41pm
Disconnected

In opaques I like CIM Elphaba unique dark dark and for transparent Effetre Sage

Old 2009-08-02, 1:33pm

does it have to be 104? if not, gail has some amazing coe 96 dark greens!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-08-02, 2:22pm

Two ideas. Lauscha has a really dark green transparent and I have some odd Opaque Precision Rembrandt that stays really dark if left unstruck. I can send you a piece of each.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-08-02, 2:54pm
Ready to hit the road

Have you looked at Vet's odd colors? They've got a couple of really dark moss greens.

Old 2009-08-03, 5:37am
Life is change. Love it

Try CIM Commando

Old 2009-08-03, 5:44am
Katherine

I just love CIM's new Commando color that Carolyn is suggesting.

Old 2009-08-03, 6:21am
I fart diamonds

Transparent or opaque?

Old 2009-08-03, 7:01am

Vetro Swamp Moss maybe with Black added if not dark enough? Commando looks good too. Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-08-03, 8:40am

Vetrofond black is a really dark green isn't it? You could dilute that with clear, or white to make a dark green.
Old 2009-08-03, 11:06am
Lampworkaholic!

Effetre Mosaic Green is a gorgeous dark green.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-08-03, 5:29pm

I would also go with the CIM Elphaba unique dark dark if you can find some.

The base on this bead is the CIM Elphaba unique dark dark. If you think this will work, I can send you a rod or two.

Old 2009-08-03, 5:35pm

That is really pretty! No wonder it sold out so fast!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-08-03, 6:53pm
What was I thinking?

Nessi is a very dark transparent green.

Old 2009-08-03, 8:29pm

Yep, just wish I'd ordered more when it was available.

Old 2009-08-04, 8:19am
Lampworkaholic!

Interesting. My original Nessi is a transparent blue-green and the "new" (discovered in Mike's vault) Nessi is a pastel blue much like cobalt. Will the real Nessi Ice please stand up.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-08-07, 11:24pm
where is that UPS man?

Comando still not dark enough... although the new CIM slyverin looks good, I would love it in an opaque.....

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2009-08-07, 11:26pm
where is that UPS man?

Carol,
Thanks so much, i have it, still not dark enough..... i am a weird one.... Can't wait for slytherin...

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2009-08-07, 11:27pm
where is that UPS man?

Paula,
Will be placing order this week, HMMMM must look at some Lauscha.... I love the mountain mist but haven;t seen any really dark moss greens... Thanks for the tips....

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2009-08-07, 11:38pm

I've been looking for dark moss green forever. ASK used to have one, but I need a lot, enough to make 8 knobs for my bathroom. I want an opaque in a dark forest or mossy green. It just seems like this would be a popular color.

Old 2009-08-08, 9:04am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Default DEAVRDI Greens

I just ordered a box of Shorts from Devardi to see their colors.

Here are 4 opaque greens they sent. The pic is taken in daylight and not touched up except to sharpen for my shaky hand!

The dark green is great and I think they have other greens as well. Hope this helps. The link is
http://www.devardiglass.com/glass.htm

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2009-08-08 at 9:25am.
Old 2009-08-08, 9:09am

Have all of you seen the new CIM greens that just came out? Some gorgeous dark mossy greens!

Linda
Old 2009-08-08, 9:21am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Wow, their Dk Moss Transparent "Slytherin" is great... wonder if it comes out more solid than transp according to the picture?

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2009-08-08 at 9:25am.
Old 2009-08-08, 3:21pm
Artistically Absorbed

Default Frantz just released new Messy today...

The Slytherin Unique might be what you were looking for, it really dark opaque looking green. Oh the Adamantium is also a reaaly dark green, almost too dark.
-Echo

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2009-08-08, 7:26pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoTantuli View Post
The Slytherin Unique might be what you were looking for, it really dark opaque looking green. Oh the Adamantium is also a reaaly dark green, almost too dark.
-Echo
I have some Adamantium, and mine is a dark greyish brown, not green at all. Are you sure that's the glass you meant?

-
-
Old 2009-08-09, 1:27pm

There were some *old* odd lots from vetrofond that were so dark green they were pretty much black....from about 2 years ago....anyone remember what they were called? I've got a few rods of each, but they're wrapped up in the other room--from the same "batch" of odds as lichen/dark lichen & honey crunch....

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-08-10, 5:38pm
where is that UPS man?

Ordered a whole bunch of the new CIM colors.... I am slythering all over that slytherin... I hope they are as good as they look, if not will check Devardi,
Thanks guys...

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2009-08-12, 1:08am
Artistically Absorbed

Bummer... I haven't melted my Adamantium yet, but the paddle looks like a really dark green from the place I bought it from. Gray brown doesn't sound that exciting. Oh Well. -Echo

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64