No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2012-08-11, 1:10pm
Queen of the milo field

Default Welcome, come on in!

But be sure to latch the screen door behind you - You may be a redneck if you have screen doors inside to keep critters out. We're up to four screen doors - my studio, two on his studio, and the bedroom.

This is what you see as you enter. Like my exhaust hood? Ice bucket from WallyWorld. I splurged a while back when Bella Donna sampler was on sale, so I had to change out the old hood in order to try the necessary dragon's breath. Which I haven't yet with glass, but...

My torch table - you can see the old hood. And look - the table is almost clean. Of course it's always extremely tidy You can see my slivered stringer storage - the white ice cube maker. And the propane connection going up the wall, yep Basements R Us, to the tanks outside. When we planned the house, we put a hole in the foundation; figuring to use it as a vent for a spray station or whatever for him - he's an artist/wood worker/writer... and other such stuff AND he has a glass blowing addiction, so he understands the lure of hot glass. So when I got my minor he walled me up a space downstairs since the spot I was using w/hot head was right next to the wood stove. Not a good place for oxygen

Work area setup, complete with ergonomic chair, w/burn holes in seat, and leather apron so my seat doesn't have same.

My side work table w/various storage for glass & tools I use a lot. And George, the Foreman grill for preheating those shocky suckers. And the old coffee bean grinder for making frit that I liberated from DH - got him a new one since I DO NOT want to keep him away from caffeine

Glass & other stuff storage. The cabinet came from University Surplus Property auction - complete w/label eeewwww!. The enameled steel torch table came from them, too. Auctions are a source for equipment I highly recommend. The stainless steel table under the kiln is from a pizza joint auction. The slate slab on the side table is auction find as well.

One of these days we're thinking about building a studio for me out of the left over blocks from the foundation. But to do that we have to figure out where to put it so that we can attach: electric, water, drainage to lagoon.... Until then, come on in. I'll share. Well. Some things. Sometimes. But you have to bring your own didys.

DJ
Old 2012-08-11, 1:20pm

Nice DJ!

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2012-08-11, 1:20pm
Loving learning

I really really love that cabinet!
Old 2012-08-12, 9:36am
Queen of the milo field

Thanks - major credit to DH for all the work he put in to make this happen. He says it's payback for all the support I give him in his arty stuff. But still, having to re-do the ventilation system three times was over and above DH duty. But we did get it right eventually. Although I do accuse him of doing it just to get me out of his hair, such as it is, for hours at a time. And he's already looking at me sideways, saying 'You know, I think I'm going to have to expand your space.' And I keep saying 'Oh, no. I don't NEED it.'

And, yes, I just love that cabinet, too. I figure if I get too wild buying glass I'll have plenty of space to expand into - all I have to do is find more shelves to fit it. More haunting university surplus auctions - I just hate that idea

dj
Old 2012-08-19, 4:16am
Cherine Perrin Glass

Very cool studio. I like that you were able to find things cheep and repurpose them. Keeping junk out of the landfills!

My Etsy shop: https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2012-08-19, 9:11am
Queen of the milo field

Thanks - I share space w/some gigantic spiders at times [DH/Spiderman tosses them outside for me , although sometimes I have to sing the theme song], but I really like it down here. Yep, come from a long line of penny pinching, see what might do, Make it Work type folks. Recycling isn't as new as some people these days think. Do not get me started on hay twine. Just bought a new tool at WallyWorld - stainless steel appetizer tongs that I tried out for the first time last night. Has promise, needs practice.

dj