Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-04-02, 8:47am

Default Loren Stump

I took Loren Stump I last week. For those of you thinking about taking a class with him, all I have to say is YES!

I'm putting up bits and pieces from the class on my blog, http://yellowdogbeads.blogspot.com/. I know the class is a lot of money, so I thought that seeing some of the things that were covered in the class might help you decide whether or not the class is for you.

He was the most amazing and patient of teachers. Time and money well-spent, for me. And, of course, if you have any questions just PM me...
Old 2008-04-02, 8:52am
On the flippity flop

Holy carp, that is a grueling pace for a class! It sounds like it was fantastic though. I can't wait to see what else you put up in the following days!

Jayne: "I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -- Serenity
Old 2008-04-02, 10:53am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Dog Girl View Post
I took Loren Stump I last week. For those of you thinking about taking a class with him, all I have to say is YES!

I'm putting up bits and pieces from the class on my blog, http://yellowdogbeads.blogspot.com/. I know the class is a lot of money, so I thought that seeing some of the things that were covered in the class might help you decide whether or not the class is for you.

He was the most amazing and patient of teachers. Time and money well-spent, for me. And, of course, if you have any questions just PM me...
Check out the bluemoon website. He posted all the paperweights with the names underneath them. www.austinbluemoon.com

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-04-02, 4:09pm
phrit phreak

Loved the pics!!! And I see he has on a Hot Shops Art Center shirt...he was here in July 2yrs ago...... He's coming back in Nov of this year. Maybe he'll wear his Blue Moon shirt here!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-04-02, 4:31pm

My, oh my, did you need a vacation after that class?? Sounds like it was a fantastic experience. I hope your gorgeous girls did a little taking care of you when you got home!

Old 2008-04-02, 7:40pm

It sounds like you guys had it easy. Angelique drove to Bearden's in Kansas City to take it a couple weeks ago and they logged 79 hours I think it was. They went till 4am Monday morning.

I think that I shold get to go to a Milon Townsend class now...

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2008-04-04, 9:47am
Smooches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnbresn View Post
Loren is going to be up in Manchester, NH next week. My wife called me at work today all excited about this and asked if she could go. She has wanted to take his Loren 1 class for some time. Now as a normal self-defense move I almost never say no when my wife gets that excited over something and wants it and today was no exception. So she's going. Of course if I had said no she probably would have found new and interesting ways to make my life a living hell. So I view this as a form of self-defense. But I do love to see her excited about something. From the looks of it this guy is pretty intense and she loves new challenges. Probably have to buy all new equipment for here when she gets home. Oh well....

You are one SMART man! Good Move!

Miss Kate

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-04-04, 9:54am
Smooches!

Absolutely beautiful work folks! Loved looking at the slideshows at Blue Moon. Now off to check out the other pics.

Miss Kate

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-04-14, 11:13am
BeadsonCypress

Isn't he amazing???? I have worked with over 50 instuctores and never met anyone who is like him.....and his karisma is just to fantastic for words. Gosh I wish I were a couple of dozen years younger! I never understood groupies until I met him.... sigh..... (and I love his hair longer too.....)

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2008-04-15, 4:50pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnbresn View Post
Ummm well as a guy I can't speak for the whole groupie attraction thing but I do respect a guy who drives a Lotus and enjoys taking soft glass to a new level as well as convincing you that you would be a god if you can actually do what he's teaching you . Now I'm trying to find a source of Schott glass and a new stump sucker to allow Cindie (my wife who attended the class) to do all the things she learned. Since I just happen to have a frequent flier ticket available I might try to get her down to Atlanta to do his next Stump 2 class in another month.
Just my opinion, but I found that he gives so much info in class that you probably need to practice it for at least 6 months until you are ready for his next class.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-04-16, 11:09am
yukue fumei

holey canolli! thanks for the link--I gotta take his class one day!

nagi

Old 2008-04-20, 2:26pm
New Grandma

I have taken 3 of his classes and will be taking a 4th in sept in maine at playing with fire for any who want to go. I highly recommend his class even beginners believe it or not he is such a great teacher. I get tired easily but the pace was not as bad as it sounds. You learn sooo much about different things and have nice things to bring home. At least this time I can sleep in my own bed he starts a little later in the morning.

One of the love of my life.