Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2005-12-28, 5:08pm
In spite of it all!

I thought there was a difference from indoor torching and outdoor torching in eye protection........ no?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ruth Nichols; 2005-12-28 at 5:10pm.
Old 2005-12-28, 5:12pm

Oh, I forgot to mention, I do also have a medical condition that aggrivates the light sensitivity--chronic lyme disease--but don't wear glasses except for reading--I've got "convergence disorder"--but no regular all the time eyeglasses, so no "added UV coatings" for me

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2005-12-29, 6:28am
Safety ALWAYS

There is no difference in the requirements for eyewear indoors or outdoors.

Luna - from your original post, you made it sound as if you chose to wear dark sunglasses in order to work with glass outside. Your additional comments make all the difference in the world...

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
Old 2005-12-31, 3:27pm
I'm a lilac!

I have a question about linking to posts here on LE; I link to posts here all the time if I think there's something someone might be interested in. Is this or is this not acceptable according to the site owners and the TOS?

Old 2006-01-01, 10:21am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera
I have a question about linking to posts here on LE; I link to posts here all the time if I think there's something someone might be interested in. Is this or is this not acceptable according to the site owners and the TOS?
This is the only "rules" for LWE usage that I could find....

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/fa..._useragreement

As long as the links are within these parameters I see no prohibition on linking to this site....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2006-01-01 at 11:58am.
Old 2006-01-01, 11:31am
oldest member

Thanx mike for the excellent info on eyeglasses for lampworkers.....
Old 2006-01-02, 5:33am
Safety ALWAYS

Dale: I guess it just comes down to: What part of "no" do you not understand?

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
Old 2006-01-02, 8:58am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAurelius
Dale: I guess it just comes down to: What part of "no" do you not understand?

Mike... Just where is the "no" written?...Can you quote it?

Dale

Last edited by Dale M.; 2006-01-02 at 9:25am.
Old 2006-01-03, 5:36am
Safety ALWAYS

It's in the PM I sent you when you asked to copy my words. Check your PM's. I can forward another copy to you if you wish, however, I do not post the content of PM's in public.

Also - just because you "can" doesn't make it "right".

Old 2006-01-03, 10:21am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
It's in the PM I sent you when you asked to copy my words. Check your PM's. I can forward another copy to you if you wish, however, I do not post the content of PM's in public.

Also - just because you "can" doesn't make it "right".
I like your creative interpretation on what is right. Seem to change with what ever mood you are in....

I did honor your PM, I did NOT post your document or your name on Art Glass Answers, I merely put up a LINK stating where I felt some very important safety information could be found on LAMPWORK ETC. It seems to me you put your ego above peoples safety in this issue, that's deplorable and a slam on the glass community.

I seem to remember a PM to you to request to have certain documents removed from Art Glass Forum and my request was responded to with emphatic "no".

And within minutes of that response from you the following notice appeared on Art Glass Forum...

http://www.artglassforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1874

I suggest you cease and desist...

Dale

Last edited by Dale M.; 2006-01-03 at 10:49am.
Old 2006-01-03, 10:40am
Save the Numbats

Glass Alchemy Green Dwarf - Just a note, you might mean Corning Green Dwarf?
The Green Dwarf I know of is sintered glass, not normal furnace color, and came in the form of 4 inch "D" profile rods. It was only sold by Northstar, and has been discontinued for years. I don't believe that Glass Alchemy produces any color by that name.

Quote:
The only time people should wear dark sunglasses is when they have an existing problem with light sensitivity, either due to medication, injury, or bodily function. Don't wear dark sunglasses just because you think it's cool.
I believe they are also recommended for driving...
Then, I had a girlfriend with a schizophrenic brother, and he was really weird about eye contact so he wore dark glasses all the, even inside at dinner. I don't know whether he thought it was cool or whether Mike would have.
Old 2006-01-03, 10:54am
Safety ALWAYS

Dale - you know, this is getting old, and I'll bet people are getting tired of it, I certainly am.

I'll just make your link worthless, that's all.

Old 2006-01-03, 11:09am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Dale - you know, this is getting old, and I'll bet people are getting tired of it, I certainly am.

I'll just make your link worthless, that's all.
Then just walk away from it like I have been trying to do....

Dale

Old 2006-01-04, 4:42am
boro color bender

I'm glad it has been agreed upon to put this argument to bed. Thanks to both of you. I appreciate it.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-01-04, 6:31am
Safety ALWAYS

<snort>

Old 2006-01-04, 11:00am
boro color bender

Don't you roll your eyes at me.

I'll wag my finger atcha!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-01-04, 12:16pm
Safety ALWAYS

heh...what makes you think YOU were the target?

Old 2006-01-04, 4:04pm
boro color bender

Your post followed mine.

Old 2006-01-04, 4:06pm
Satake Woman!

All right boys, break it up. Remember this is a thread about eye protection.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2006-01-04, 5:12pm
boro color bender

Somebody threw an elbow and knocked me in the eye... I'm tellin Mom!