Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-12-11, 3:17pm

Default Is any one else having a problem with ABR Imagery?

I'm a newbie....but I placed an order with ABR for the CIM glass sale discount of 30%. I have been charged the full amount and have sent 2 emails now in order to have them refund the discount amount as they say in their sale post. I have sent to 2 different email addresses and have yet to have any one repley. This is not very good customer service...and being a new customer I am beinging to wonder what is going one at this point in time.

How can I get someone to contact me?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 2008-12-11, 3:25pm
da General

How about giving them a call? There is a toll-free number on its website.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2008-12-11, 3:26pm
Flaming Redhead!

You could try calling them...866-342-4764 or 812-339-9147...not sure what time zone they're in (Indiana) but it may be too late to call today. I've had good experiences with them in the past...good luck.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2008-12-11, 3:54pm

Thank you both, I appreciate your help. I do so want to have a good relationship.
Old 2008-12-11, 3:56pm
Happy 10 a.m.!

Here's the info from the front page of the website:

"From 12-2-08 to 12-9-08, we will be offering 30% OFF ALL MESSY color 104 coe rod and frit and DOUBLE HELIX GLASS on all internet orders. You only need to purchase a minimum of a 1/4 pound of each rod or frit color to be eligible for the discount! You will not see this discount appear online but you will be discounted on your invoice. Payments made with paypal will be refunded when orders are processed."

It looks like provided you ordered between 12/2 and 12/9 and orered 1/4 pound of each color - your paypal payment will be refunded when the order is processed. If this doesn't help you, definately call them - I'm sure they'll be happy to help you!

Mega Minor w/propane, tanked oxy and humor
Old 2008-12-11, 6:58pm

Thanks, I understood the post and the charge was 12/2. I've just been waiting for the refund to be posted.
I'll give them a call.
Old 2008-12-11, 7:42pm
Happy Beadmaker!

I've had wonderful experience with ABR, hopefully this is just a tiny snag for you! They're really great.

Best,
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2008-12-12, 2:22am
I need more boro stuff

They might be swamped with orders. Or doing refund in batches.

Old 2008-12-12, 8:54pm

I found them to be less than stellar in their service/response on my first (and *only*) order. I won't be shopping with them again, despite the "we'll fix the problem on your next order" promise I eventually got.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(I shouldn't have to spend *more* money to get the original problems fixed!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-12-12, 9:10pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I've had nothing but great service from them.

I'm not discounting anyone that has had problems,
but I've found them to be pretty good at resolving
any discrepancies or bad things that can arise when
shipping one of the most fragile things known to mankind
across the planet

...I wouldn't hold anything that happens during the holidays
against them. Right now, things are pretty frantic at almost
every vendor I've spoken to.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-12-13, 1:47pm
glass nerd!

The same thing happened to me but I wasn't going to say anything b/c when you do you well I will just leave it at that. I ordered before the cutoff date too.

Quote:
I'm a newbie....but I placed an order with ABR for the CIM glass sale discount of 30%. I have been charged the full amount and have sent 2 emails now in order to have them refund the discount amount as they say in their sale post. I have sent to 2 different email addresses and have yet to have any one repley. This is not very good customer service...and being a new customer I am beinging to wonder what is going one at this point in time.

How can I get someone to contact me?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Old 2008-12-13, 5:18pm
Knob Creek Glass

I never have any problems with ABR!!!!
Old 2008-12-13, 5:53pm

i ordered and they refunded the 30% i sent repeated emails to make sure that they refunded my money and they did.
Old 2008-12-13, 5:57pm
Mad about Glass

As soon as my order was despatched the 30% was refunded. I bet Ross is really swamped with orders because of the great discounts. I wouldn't worry - Ross is great.

Jenn

[url]

Old 2008-12-14, 7:05am

Quote:
The same thing happened to me but I wasn't going to say anything b/c when you do you well I will just leave it at that. I ordered before the cutoff date too.

I hear ya Corey.
I expect prompt, PROFESSIONAL, courteous & simple resolutions to problems. I got: "none of the above".

When *I* am blamed for a problem caused by the shipping dept (and I've sent a complete copy of my "confirmation" attached to the email, which wasn't even "noticed" by the person I sent it to
), I get annoyed.
When pretty much everything in my box is broken from "old" packing material, I get *more* annoyed.
When I'm willing to let ALL of that go, call it usable & accept replacement of the one, truely unusable item (that likely *caused* the problem in the first place
) , & I'm told "we'll replace it ON YOUR NEXT ORDER"...
Well, let's just say, THAT won't be happening anytime soon.
(PARTICULARLY since it took days for me to track down where the HECK my FIRST order had gone, due to the complete nonsense with the addressing of them package
)
I have a job where I'm *really* busy @ work & don't have TIME to be friggin' around trying to contact UPS & play "push the buttons" on the phone to track & find a package that's been sent to non-existant places.

I've held my voice OUT of all the praise threads for the last several MONTHS because I *know* what comes next...the "oh, you just had bad luck" "you should try again" "I've always had wonderful service"....
Whatever.
I'm a MANAGER. I KNOW what I EXPECT from OTHER MANAGERS of BUSINESSES & the response I got WASN'T that!

~Luna
who has not much money to spend & chooses *very* carefully where to spend it.
Frig up my first order & there WON'T be a second one!

(on another note? I had a back order from LB supplies for a silly, insignificant 1/4# of glass about 2 years ago that I had paid for...and, like the foolish new glassie I was, I told Jon I wanted to KEEP the back order--
WAS I thinking?....when the glass came in, like 3 months later, Jon sent it to me, with FREE PRIORITY shipping, with no issues--now THAT is service!--I totally would have expected him to charge me shipping--or at least send me a note & try to get me to order some glass to go in that box!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-12-14, 7:56am

i cant respond to every comment here as i am not sure who you all are but you are all welcome to contact me directly at 866-342-4764 if you do have problems with abr that you would like to discuss with abr.

But to the person who opened this thread we have emailed you via reply button three times!!!!

please do call us as we do not know where to send the refund as we have emailed you many times in the past few weeks and no response from you!
please double check your spam or your reply address as something is not working
call me monday and we will get you taken care of!

as for the rest of you with any issues , first make sure you are speaking about abr, get out your invoice and call me
i am sure we can fix any issues you may have!
i am here m-f 8-5 eastern-central

thanks everyone else for the good reviews! maybe we can get some of these other guys - girls to feel the same if they would contact the correct person at our company me!!!

thanks!
ross

ps you can also email me at
Old 2008-12-14, 7:58am

Never had a problem with ABR. Call Ross he is the man to help you.

Lou
Old 2008-12-14, 8:15am

I *did* email directly with Ross. Have all of them. In my email box. Saved 'em in case I ever felt it was necessary enough for me to "place another order" to get my replacement glass for attempting soft glass implosions

Like I said in my post above--after multiple emails & having to track my *OWN* package to figure out where the *heck* it had ended up, I'm pretty much done.

And I'm *very* sure I'm speaking about ABR. That's *not* the sort of mistake I'd make, either by accident, or on purpose. I know quite well how customer service can impact a company & I was quite willing to think I was a "fluke"--but it's seeming more & more like my order & treatment *wasn't* a "fluke" but that my experience was not as random as some would like it to seem.

Old 2008-12-14, 2:38pm

My intention was not to cause a problem by asking the question. Ross I am sorry for any problems this has caused you. My email address was at the bottom by my name in the emails I sent you. I also sent along the order number that you charged my Pay Pal account. I hope now you have the information you need from me as I have sent another emil to you to the above addy. Hope this clears everything up.
Thank you in advance.
Old 2008-12-15, 12:55pm

Quote:
I found them to be less than stellar in their service/response on my first (and *only*) order. I won't be shopping with them again, despite the "we'll fix the problem on your next order" promise I eventually got.

(I shouldn't have to spend *more* money to get the original problems fixed!)
I've had mixed experiences. (Both ends of the scale, some fabulous, some rather frustrating.) Like most the preferred solution is to make it up to the customer on the next order. It left me feeling like, what next order?

I'll probably continue to order as the supplier I used that was closer closed. I don't like shipping further than I need to so that means ABR.

~And I know it was ABR because I have only ordered from one other place one time or them (two or three times) since the local place closed. I did have to cancel out of a class and they were top notch understanding. That too would impact me returning and putting up with slight frustrations.

Last edited by Just Nancy; 2008-12-15 at 12:58pm.
Old 2008-12-15, 6:43pm

I had a problem with some broken glass due to the package being drop kicked around, and replacement glass was sent out as soon as I forwarded a list of what was broken. There was a call the day after I emailed to find out what happened, and it was resolved very quickly.

I didn't agree with a cutting fee appearing on my bill that wasn't listed on the site, but it was explained later that the cutting fee winds up offsetting any additional shipping charges that a longer package would incur. Good to know, but I would have appreciated knowing about the charge in advance - and explained that way would be a good addition to the site, if it's not already there.

Overall, if they had a great sale, I may order again - but I do tend to shop for sales at all the vendors.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-12-16, 6:46am

cutting fee is posted on our terms page

again no one has called us concerning any of these issues so am i to take this as a complaint section for customers to just blow off steam? seems like that should be in the bathroom thread?

I mean what is the point of complaining if you are not seeking a resolution?

I have made my self available to fix any issues that you might have and am insulted that you are not willing to pick up the phone and confront me about them if they are serious enough for you to post about them?????
Old 2008-12-16, 7:02am
no more

Default Re: ABR IMAGERY

I'd like to take a moment to share my thoughts about our decision making process.

First, allow me to differentiate between the negative posts that consist of actual issues that we have been given an oppurtunity to address,and the secondary type which appear to be a form of venting frustrations that seem to be "unresolveable". We welcome constructive criticism in the form of negative posting because that is how we innovate our business strategy. In regards to the secondary type of negative posting, we only ask you include a proposed solution so we have an ability to start a constructive dialogue about how to address your concerns. Going over and over on an issue may feel necessary, and that is your right as a consumer. If the main focus of these posts is to help a future patron avoid the pitfalls you have experienced, then lets take that into consideration when posting. If your focus is to relieve ABR of potential customers, then your time here is of no significant value to forwarding the industry. That being said:

I started working here over two years ago. Over the past two years I have seen our business expand dramatically. We have moved into a huge warehouse and have added product line after product line. With growth comes a need for new jobs in the office and the warehouse accordingly. As our business continues to grow, we have experienced "growing pains".
We continue to pride ourselves on higher quality product, and an unbeatable selection of in stock merchandise.

While we strive for perfection, mistakes are an inevitable cost of doing business. Only by providing us adequate opportunity to fix our mistakes, can we continue to progress. If are attempts to solve a problem aren't satisfactory, we depend upon feedback from our customers to improve our methods of delivering sound customer service.

We are in a fragile industry that depends on distributors to stock items at a large volume to keep vendors cash flow high and where vendors try to keep prices down to make items affordable.
All of this brings us to a fine line that all of us walk. We are all trying to work in this industry.Only by making tough descions do we move forward, or back in some cases. But that is what all of us have to do as small business owners.
I personally feel that our "professionalism" has grown over time, and we will continue to build this business into something great.Everyone in this industry works on limited budgets and with limited resources. We are no different. As I mentioned, we are still experiencing "growing pains", but we are well aware of each and every time someone is upset.
After reading your posts I understand why you are upset and the way the situation was handled was unacceptable. I am certain Ross and I would be more than willing to make it right, especially seeing how upset you are. So far we have yet to receive a phone call after Ross posted that he would personally fix any problems if given the oppurtunity.
As a manager you know that no matter how good you are it is up to each individual employee to provide the service your customers deserve.
We have had a relatively large amount of turnover in the office over the past year due to this very issue (percieved lack of customer service). At this point, I feel comfortable with our office staff, and its ability to render quality customer service. For many years we operated under a policy of settling up on the next order due to the nature of fraudulent orders. Generally fraud occurs with first time customers and as a small business we used this as a means to ensure ourselves that the customer had no ill intent. This is obviously a policy that is flawed and needs revision. I am looking forward to hearing everyones thoughts on how to better our customer service, while maintaining a small business budget. We would like to devote more time to the situation, but as we all know time is a limited resource.

I hope by taking a moment to post our thoughts on the matter, we have shown that we do care about our customer's satisfaction, but we are far from perfect. Only with cooperation and understanding from our customers can we continue to turn your feedback, into actual changes in our practices and standards. With this type of constructive dialogue, we hope to benefit future customers.

Cody Sexton - ABR
Old 2008-12-16, 7:13am

As a MANAGER (retail, 20+ years), I can tell you with 100% certainty, that if a customer is dissatisfied on their FIRST visit, there will likely NOT BE a SECOND visit. They simply will find another place to do business.
That's a well known fact.

Settling up on the next visit/order for damages makes no sense, because you are in essence forcing the customer to spend MORE to make something "right" that they ALREADY paid for. 99% of customers AREN'T going to do that--they're going to be disgusted & find another place to spend their money. If you're concerned with fraudulent behavior, send a call tag for the damaged item. Ask for a PHOTO of the damaged item. FILE A UPS CLAIM for the damaged item (YOU'RE USEING UPS--YOU'RE INSURED FOR $100 AUTOMATICALLY ON EVERY SHIPMENT!!--use it & let them sort it out by picking up the damages from the customer.)

What you "lose" to what you are calling "fraudulent behavior" you will MORE THAN GAIN BACK in happy, repeat customers & word-of-mouth advertising.
Rather than annoyed people who spread the word (and believe me, they DO spread the word--if not on forums, by word-of-mouth--people DO talk to each other in person, OFF forums!) that ordering from ABR is a hassle, comes with "issues" & well, it's just EASIER to shop elsewhere unless you're really *desperate*.

I don't make phonecalls from work generally to "sort out" issues with orders--I send emails late @ night & hope I get responses the next day!

~luna
(and for anyone who thinks I'm posting here to keep ABR from knowing who I am? My full name & address is posted right in the RAOGK section--it's not rocket science to figure it out!)

Old 2008-12-16, 7:26am

arguing for the sake of arguing is not the point here ....

if you want something fixed then call

if you just want to complain again and agian then take this to the bathroom thread!
Old 2008-12-16, 8:57am
Shelarious

I had a problem with a large ticket item purchased and shipped from ABR. ABR referred me to the manufacturer to resolve the problem, which I thought odd at the time. However, ABR was very prompt with communication to me, and also advocated with them, and my frustrations were mainly with the manufacturer. It was resolved and all is well. I decided to go with ABR again for different products and been completely satisfied with their prompt shipping and excellent packaging and communication.

Old 2008-12-16, 9:32am

Thanks shelley

Call me direct any time with any issue

We do care!!!

Old 2008-12-16, 1:50pm

I don't think this is a thread just to complain. For example I have said I have had several situations that I thought were really, above and beyond.

The other issues, I think are more about spelling out policy. For example I paid like $12 once to get a pound and a half of glass and bead release from one end of the state to the other. I knew shipping would be expensive so I asked about other glass I wanted to order. I thought I was maxamizing the box. Unfortunately, when it arrived some glass turned out to be out of stock. The solution was it was offered (as I recall at a discount) on back order. Except, I chose to not order again, and buy a couple pounds of glass and pay high shipping again. Had I known, I would have waited for the whole order.

I don't think that needs to be resolved. I didn't like the terms. I will order larger orders in the future. I also think it is fair to respond to others. Mostly I think they will get as good of service from ABR as any place. (I've been known to be pretty darned vocal about a couple other suppliers and I am much less polite or understanding.)

I also think it is reasonable to mention not being 100% satisified. No one can satisfy everyone all the time. I think if people know the good and bad they can better be suited to their supplier and fewer will be frustrated.
Old 2008-12-16, 2:28pm
Did someone say SALE?

I bought glass from ABR once so far on the advice of a local glass artist/teacher (Jari Sheese), and I have nothing but good comments on my own experience. I actually showed up AT their warehouse and was promptly greeted and ushered around with great hospitality while making my glass selections. They offered great suggestions and even threw in a short rod or two of some new colors for me to try out. I was so impressed that I ended up making a much larger purchase than I originally planned. I will definitely order from them again. Thanks guys, and nice post Cody! Sorry to hear that there have been glitches for others, hope it all gets ironed out.
Old 2008-12-16, 2:47pm
Living out Loud

Hi ABR, Just speaking for me I got my shipment of glass yesterday. It arrived quickly and it was well packed to prevent breakage.

Thanks