Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-04-28, 6:54am

Default What Did You Do with Elizabeth's Frit?

I am working on turning Elizabeth's frit into some BOC beads. I'm going to see how many interesting ways I can use frit. I only have two beads so far, but I probably won't be able to get back to the torch for a few days, so I thought I would go ahead and post. This is Copacabana.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Available as an audiobook

Susan Hasler--torch-wielding novelist
Old 2012-04-28, 7:42am
Marble Lover

And I always thought a Copacabana was where Tonys get shot by Ricos.

Those are great BOC beads.

-BEPNewt
Old 2012-04-28, 9:32am
Lampworkaholic!

Thanks for starting this thread Susan! Pretty beads! Copacabana is great for BOC beads, it is very bright and look good on so many colors including black, white, clear, many transparents and most pastels.

There is a funny back story - I originally named this blend Margaritaville, but the Jimmy Buffet company objected, just in case someone might mistake my glass frit for one of their products and I might take business away from them. OK. Etsy deactivated my listing so I renamed ithe blend. Copacabana is a real beach area in Rio, so I'm safe enough there.

I'd love to see more beads with my blends.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Liz

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-04-28, 9:56am

Thanks again for sponsoring the challenge, Elizabeth. I think I'm going to have to order more Copacabana when this runs out. And thanks for the kind words, Brian.

Old 2012-04-28, 10:09am
what's a senior moment ?

Great beads Susan !

Old 2012-04-28, 3:21pm
I think I could be a bead

I have been making butterfly beads with my frit. I'm not home right now, so I'll show my beads when I get home!

Old 2012-04-29, 8:36am

Default Some More

I really didn't have time to torch, but I did anyway. Here are more Copacabana beads.
Attached Images

Old 2012-05-01, 6:44pm

I couldn't get my other photo to upload, but here are some butterflies that I am making for BOC. I used Elizabeth's frit in the wings. I'm going to wire wrap the butterflies before I send them in to BOC.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-05-01, 7:21pm
Lampworkaholic!

Pretty Mallory!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-05-01, 7:26pm
Lampworkaholic!

Here are some BOC beads I made thanks to a brave boy in North Carolina who has been helped so much by BOC that he wants to spread the word and give something back. His school had a contest to draw bead designs for BOC and these were the finalist designs.
Attached Images

Old 2012-05-02, 9:25am

Thanks, Elizabeth!
Love your beads!

Old 2012-05-02, 8:27pm
Loving learning

Elizabeth, those are adorable. I love them all, but the yellow one really makes me smile.
Old 2012-05-06, 9:46pm
Wonder-wench

Meadowlands twisties on clear

swirled on amber

love the hint of sparkle in the frit!

Old 2012-05-07, 5:07am
Loving learning

Beatiful!
Old 2012-05-07, 5:48am
Lampworkaholic!

I
them Elizabeth!

Old 2012-05-07, 6:18am

I may have to order some Meadowlands. Beautiful!

Old 2012-05-07, 12:03pm
what's a senior moment ?

I got some of that color ! Wow, can't wait to try it out. Those are beautiful beads !

Old 2012-05-07, 12:16pm
Lampworkaholic!

Meadowlands loves amber, with or without silver leaf/foil. It can also be reduced and it will silver up.

If anyone has questions about what colors work well with my blends, just ask.

I am working on a tip sheet to include in the future.

Old 2012-05-07, 12:29pm
Wonder-wench

thanks for the nice comments on the beads, this frit rocks!