No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2012-04-03, 12:28am

Me to
Old 2012-05-03, 4:51am

Default Wondering

Wondered if there was any update on the progress of the up coming tutorial.
Old 2012-05-06, 10:30am
I speak Murrini!

YET ANOTHER STATUS UPDATE...

All right you'z guyz! You've all been wonderfully patient and again, I apologize for this taking SO DANG LONG!!! So here's the deal at the moment...

I have just about the whole Tutorial type-written out - both parts - Vessel and Bits. I have assembled the "Materials List" and sent it to my two proof-reader gals who have thoroughly looked it over and said that it looks good, doesn't contain any crazy surprises or ultra-expensive items, so that's good to go! As much as I'd like to put this on a "Accepting Pre-Orders" status, a Tutorial like this is just NO GOOD without PICTURES!!! And given that creating most of the components in this Tut take BOTH HANDS, I've not been able to get anyone to help me with the photos yet.

If I had the photos taken, this would sensibly be ready at least for a "pre-order" status and I would figure it would be available for purchase within about two weeks from that point. Since I haven't been able to get help with the photoing though, I've been hesitant to put it on "pre-order" since I don't have a good finger-on-the-pulse time wise. Hopefully, though, that's about to change...

My kids and hubby have asked what I want for Mother's Day! Well, being that it's about what I REALLY WANT, I'm going to tell 'em that I want them to come over, hang out, and help me take these pics! Really! I'll figure they'll roll their eyes and blah, blah...but if it's really about making me happy, getting this tutorial done is what I really want!

So that's the latest, and hopefully after next weekend (May 12-13), I'll be posting that the pics are done and that my "pre-order" status is going up and an absolute deadline is set.

Thanks again, everyone, for hanging in there with me!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-05-06, 8:56pm

YEAH! Still anxiously awaiting the tut. Let me know if you need help with layout etc. after you get the pics. I'm home all day and pretty good at that kind of thing.

Marie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my children have paws
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2012-05-08, 5:07am

Yes, me toooooo!
I am really curious. Well, I have to admit, I started beadmaking about a year ago, do you think beginners are skilled enough to make your tiny vessels? They're so cute!
Greets, Kerstin.
Old 2012-05-08, 5:15am

'Me too' means: I want to pre-order the tutorial, too. Unlike Mary / Serendipity I am not good at creating layouts etc.

Hope your family will support you with the pics!

Kerstin.
Old 2012-05-14, 7:57pm

Hi,
I would be interested in pre-order to, depending on the cost of the tutorial.
Please keep us posted. Thanks.

Old 2012-05-31, 1:49pm

Hi De....I would do a pre-order also.
Thanks for all your hard work!!!
Smokie
Old 2012-06-01, 9:58pm
I speak Murrini!

(Just wanted to post that you are all just wonderful for being so patient and hangin' in there with me...we're working on it! )

Old 2012-06-13, 11:35am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Is it too late to get in on the pre-order??? It sounds like something around my skill level (I think...)
Old 2012-06-15, 10:30am
I speak Murrini!

Hi Barbara~

This is still a work-in-progress, but when I'm confident that it's nearly ready for release, I will start a separate thread for the pre-orders, so NO, not too late!

I'm still quite overwhelmed with "life" and stuff...my daughter is graduating High School today (woo hoo!!!! ) and as some of you know, it's been a very difficult last 6 months. But....we made it!

Once I get her signed up for her first college classes, I pray this gives me enough "free time" (if such a thing even still exists! ) to finish this up and finally get it to you who have been wonderfully gracious, patient and supportive!

(((HUGS)))
De

Old 2012-06-15, 4:57pm

ME TOO. Let me know when it is done.

Old 2012-09-11, 5:57am

Default Tutorial status

Could you tell me if you have finished the tutorial? You speak of a bonus for people who place 'pre-orders', but I just found this thread. Is it too late to order the tutorial and get the bonus also? The thread went silent in June so I wonder what happened. Please let me know the status, etc., as well as the price. I am very interested in this tutorial. Thanks for your help.

Marge
Old 2012-09-11, 9:28pm

This is going to be a great tut! Can't wait for it to hit the presses. *Yay! My first post*
Old 2012-09-12, 3:35am
BeadsonCypress

cool!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2012-09-16, 3:17am

I want it!
I´m in, if it´s not too late??

Anneli
Old 2012-09-17, 10:07pm
I speak Murrini!

You guys have been wonderfully patient with me! Sorry it's taking so dang long; I've been pulling 10 hours days and torching (murrini, of course! ) at least a couple nights a week until, like, 2 a.m.! Gul! I still don't have a dedicated and available photograph person to help me with this yet, but it's almost done in the "written" part...so please hang in there with me! I so appreciate it! I promise to give everyone a good lead "head's up" before it actually launches...

Again, apologies for the delay! I haven't given up on this project...and appreciate that you haven't either!

Old 2012-09-17, 10:11pm

Still Hangin'

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2012-09-17, 11:05pm

Hi DeAnne,

My name is Aaron and live in Downey. My wife has a pretty nice camera if needed and I would be more than happy to help with the your project. It would have to be on a weekend though if that would work for you? You can PM me some dates when you might want it done and I'll check with the boss (wife) and see if that'd work. Just a thought.
Old 2012-09-18, 4:37pm

Hi DeAnne-
You are one to watch! I love all your stuff and would be up for a preorder. I'm ogling your halloween murrini right now!

How the heck do you do that!!! Amazing
lisa

I'm having so much fun melting glass that I have actually started wearing jewelry!

Old 2012-09-20, 9:13am
I speak Murrini!

Thanks everyone for the kind words...

Hi Aaron!
Thank you so much for your kind offer! I have a good camera, but my daughter has promised to help me with this (she has been my camera girl since my first Tutorial; it means so much to her to be a part of what I do! but she's been working 6 days a week! I have also been pulling long days too and it's been impossible for us to coordinate being home at the same time to accomplish this, since with such limited "time off", we find we have too much "other" stuff taking up our time - chores, mostly, and the few little things that need to be done with such little windows of free time... We're thinking we may end up having to coordinate a day off so that we can sit down and do this, but if that becomes impossible, I'll keep you in mind! I sincerely appreciate it...

De

Old 2012-09-22, 2:43pm

No problem just let me know if you get in a pinch
Old 2012-09-23, 7:44am

Yes, let me know too when it is done and where i can get it.