No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-10-02, 4:53pm
takin the long way 'round

Default Basement studio ventilation

Hello all!!! After many months of prepping and moving into our new home, I'm finally ready to get my studio set back up!! I have an entire room in my basement that will be devoted to the studio, with a small window to run my ventilation from..... the ventilation is my main concern right now, and I know many of you on here most likely have similar places where you've set up your studio, so where do I begin? Any help you can give or threads to point me to would be a huge help! thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-10-02, 6:07pm
Salt Box Beads

Start with doing research by using the search button feature. Here is a link to get you started.

Basements pose very unique problems that need addressed before you even start setting up in them. There are a lot of threads on setting up in your basement, it can be done but...

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showth...light=basement
Old 2011-10-02, 6:36pm
randomly active member

Default My basement ventilation

Our basement has 15" solid masonry walls so this is what my husband set-up for running the ventilation out an egress window since we could not drill through the walls. It might give you some ideas.

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160036
.:.

Old 2011-10-02, 6:38pm
Gentleman of Leisure

A initial read to make you aware of special issues that basements present vs. above ground studios...

http://www.artglassanswers.com/forum...php?f=12&t=430

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2011-10-03 at 8:24am.
Old 2011-10-03, 4:48am
Mary Lockwood

Listen to Dale.

I have a basement studio and even though I absolutely LOVE it now, it was a bit expensive with all the extra plumbing and ducting I had to do. Thank goodness my basement windows open, that's all I can say.

Also, no matter where you put your studio be sure that the tanks and whatever else you put outside are not under an overhang of your house that could unexpectedly drop about 300 pounds of icicles and demolish your ventilation fan. Been there.

~~Mary