LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-11-14, 3:02am
Oh No You Didn't!

Default Frogsong's Starburst & Nebula Style Bead Tutorial is Finished!

It's finished!

Whew, well that was definitely a learning experience.
I have most certainly gained a new respect for all of you who have made tutorials. They are more work than they look!

From getting good photos, and editing all those photos, to learning, not one but two new programs in order to put it all together, and the help of a very sweet person who checked the first draft for me and made some very important suggestions, (Can you believe I forgot to put my name on it, of all things?) I couldn't have done it without her. I won't mention her name in case she'd prefer to remain anonymous, but she was a big help to me in getting the final draft. So THANK YOU!

Will trade tutorial for tutorial

Now, without further ado....

It's listed in my Etsy store. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=17308403

I hope you all enjoy it.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is............. Deb
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon

Last edited by Frogsongstudio; 2008-11-15 at 2:29pm.
Old 2008-11-14, 5:34am

Old 2008-11-14, 7:08am
Life is change. Love it

I bought it! Was I first?

Old 2008-11-14, 7:10am

hee hee

granny
Old 2008-11-14, 7:30am
Oh No You Didn't!

Ugh... it's 6:30 in the morning and I haven't even slept yet.

I'd better get to bed before I get confused about what I'm doing...LOL

If you purchase the tutorial after this post, I'll get it sent to you as soon as I wakey.

Night everyone, and thank you!

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-14, 7:38am
Scientific Glass Girl

this is the first tutorial i have bought. it looks awesome.

Old 2008-11-14, 12:52pm

I'll bet you're busy today!!!
Old 2008-11-14, 2:07pm
Scientific Glass Girl

deb your tutorial is amazing! packed with great pictures and awesome descriptions!! can't wait to try out some of your techniques.

Old 2008-11-14, 2:25pm
Burn baby, burn

Ooh, I've always wanted to make those beads on the cover, I don't know if they're the starburst ones?

Out of extreme care, I would rather ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake, the beads on the cover are the ones covered in the tutorial, right? The ones with the pink dots all around the edges of a flattened lentil?

Lisa
Old 2008-11-14, 2:34pm
Finding Sanity with Glass

Default Are you all-awakey yet??

Hope you got your much deserved and needed rest!!! I can't wait to play with your recipes and techniques!!!

Wendy

" border="0" />

Old 2008-11-14, 3:27pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Hi everyone!

Well I just crawled out of bed and I am sending the tutorials out as fast as I can.

Wow, I had no idea so many would be interested. Thank you!

Lisa,

In the tutorial, I demonstrated the starburst bead at the top of the page there on the right above the torch picture. The pink one is a variation of that technique.

Sorry, I couldn't demonstrate all the beads, so I chose 4 different designs to demonstrate in the tutorial. From there, you should be able to figure everything else out and/or expand on what you learn. I still have many ideas with this technique that I haven't even tried yet. So there's many directions you can go with it and I can't wait to see what people do with it.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-14, 4:53pm
Burn baby, burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsongstudio View Post
Lisa,

In the tutorial, I demonstrated the starburst bead at the top of the page there on the right above the torch picture. The pink one is a variation of that technique.
That's great - that's the technique I want to learn, just wanted to make sure it was covered! Lisa
Old 2008-11-14, 4:58pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Okay, I'm caught up on the emails.

Just in case.... I caught myself almost sending the email before attaching the file, so if you get an email from me with no file attached, just slap me silly and tell me to resend it.

Also, I noticed some of you are on hotmail and yahoo email accounts. I know they have file size limits, but I don't know what the limits are. This tutorial is 2.77 MBs so if you ordered and never got it, that might be why.

Let me know if you don't get it and we'll figure out another way to get it to you.

Thanks everyone!

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-14, 5:14pm
Burn baby, burn

Quote:
Okay, I'm caught up on the emails.

Just in case.... I caught myself almost sending the email before attaching the file, so if you get an email from me with no file attached, just slap me silly and tell me to resend it.

Also, I noticed some of you are on hotmail and yahoo email accounts. I know they have file size limits, but I don't know what the limits are. This tutorial is 2.77 MBs so if you ordered and never got it, that might be why.

Let me know if you don't get it and we'll figure out another way to get it to you.

Thanks everyone!

I think we crossed in the night - I paid, but I'm on hotmail. I did get a notice from etsy. I'll let you know later tonight if the e-mail doesn't come through. Lisa
Old 2008-11-14, 5:19pm
Oh No You Didn't!

By the way.... If you have made a tutorial that I haven't purchased yet and are interested in my tutorial, I would be willing to trade!

I have a list of some of the tutorials I want on the Secret Santa thread in the Family room. Page 10, post #274

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-14, 6:03pm
Finding Sanity with Glass

Default Got It!!!

Deb.....

I use hotmail and mine arrived just fine!!

The tut looks great... easy to read and comprehend; pictures demonstrate the steps; and it is succinct! Woo-hoo!!! As soon as the kids go to bed, guess what I am going to do!!!!!!!!

Wendy

" border="0" />

Old 2008-11-14, 6:06pm
Who me?

Excellent tutorial, Deb.

It's now one of my favorites.

With each tut I buy I learn some new trick. Yours has lots of tricks.

thanks.

Linda
Old 2008-11-14, 6:57pm
Oh No You Didn't!

I'm so glad you all like it.

Thank you!

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-14, 6:58pm
birdergirl ~o~

just ordered!
Thanks for offering this!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2008-11-14, 7:00pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Thank you Cadia,

I just sent it.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-14, 7:34pm
Dangerous Woman

OK. I am a TOTAL tutorialholic. I had been abstinent for about 4 days. I vowed! Vowed! NOT to buy any more tutorials till AFTER the holidays. They will still be there. I need my money for Christmas and paying bills. I have too many shows coming up to try new stuff. I must be strong!

Yeah well. I'll start tomorrow. I got this one and it is great!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.

Last edited by playswithfire104; 2008-11-14 at 9:21pm.
Old 2008-11-14, 7:51pm
Burn baby, burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky gems View Post
Deb.....

I use hotmail and mine arrived just fine!!
dang ... still hasn't arrived.
Old 2008-11-14, 8:12pm
I like to melt things

Before I take the plung, could you let us know if the beads require special reactive glasses like silver glass? I don't see the details on the etsy page.

I am posting here as I bet I'm not the only person who is wondering.
Old 2008-11-14, 8:13pm
Dangerous Woman

No silver glass.

Go for it!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-11-14, 8:20pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
No silver glass.

Go for it!
TY
Old 2008-11-14, 8:23pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
dang ... still hasn't arrived.
Lisa, did you get my email?

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-14, 8:25pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgalglass View Post
Before I take the plung, could you let us know if the beads require special reactive glasses like silver glass? I don't see the details on the etsy page.

I am posting here as I bet I'm not the only person who is wondering.
That's right, no special silver glass.

I will add that to my description on Etsy.

Thank you.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-14, 8:36pm
Burn baby, burn

Quote:
Lisa, did you get my email?
Sorry- got sidetracked in the bathroom - or sucked into a time warp.

I went back to Etsy - I hardly ever buy anything - I had told it to use paypal, and then it thanked me for my sale and said it was final, but then it never asked me to log into paypal and pay! Doh!

Okay, so I went back, clicked on invoice, and paid. So, if you choose to pay by paypal, it doesn't automatically suck you through their system?

Edited to add: Finally success -- I feel like such a dork. Thanks!

Last edited by Lisa; 2008-11-14 at 8:53pm.
Old 2008-11-14, 9:00pm
Oh No You Didn't!

LOL Lisa,

I sent it. Hope it went through okay.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-11-14, 10:17pm
I like to melt things

Kudos, very nice tutorial.