Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-08-19, 11:45pm

Hardly anything like what yall do...I'm just two weeks into this but I'm kinda proud of this little guy. Smaller then a quarter...

You may ask yourself why I made such a tiny dragon with a huge belly and tiny wings. Lets just say He wanted to be that way...and it's never a good idea to insult a dragon
Old 2011-08-20, 12:08am

Thanks Lisa and Nevadaglass.

Lisa, I have admired your pendants for a long time!

LOL, Onekura! You post a picture of a stunning piece and then apologize for 2 tiny bubbles that I think look like bright stars in a perfect swirling cosmic scene! Man, you are hard on yourself!

I get a bead with some color and a general bead-like shape and I'm doing the queen-of-the-kiln dance! (That looks a lot like disco.)

I'm going to play with some TAG colors today! And I have a little order of Momka blues that should arrive in time for next weekend.

Mmm, new colors.
Old 2011-08-20, 2:15am

Wauw, what a great beads today!

I made some Summer Chrysanthemums!

See my E-Book on Etsy!
Aloha Chrysanthemum Beads Tutorial!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-08-20, 9:47am

Are those boro?

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2011-08-20, 4:43pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Hey untamedrose. For 2 weeks that's really cool. My first 2 weeks I made a lot of fire hydrants, then moved on to bugs and then all kinds of animals. Finally I got to the human body and made some scuba divers. It was years before I attempted my first marble. As far as I'm concerned you are definitely going in the right direction. Starting with figures you learn how to work with the glass much better than if you started with beads or marbles. AND, learning using clear glass is alot cheaper than learning using colors.

Old 2011-08-21, 12:58pm
Misty And Lisa

Untamedrose - Cute! Great job. Keep posting.

Caroline -
Awesome! Love them!

MK -
Thank you! Keep posting. Where are you from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
Lisa, I have admired your pendants for a long time!
~Lisa

|
|

Old 2011-08-22, 10:32am

WOW WOW WOW there is lots of fantastic stuff here the goblets are amazing
here is a dragon I just finished

#C-151
Old 2011-08-22, 11:36am

A candle stick I have been working on, still a little left to do but I wanted to share, It stands about 8 inches tall. Thanks for looking, lots of beautull stuff on here this month.
Old 2011-08-22, 7:28pm

here is my second and third attempt at making port sippers this first I shall not post lol

#C-151
Old 2011-08-23, 1:24am

Really cool stuff comin out this month! Keep the pics comin!
Old 2011-08-23, 7:32pm

Default New Marbles

This is my first post on show n tell. I wanted to thank Paula for her recent tutorial in Glassline. First, I was relieved to know I wasn't the only one with a stock pile of "dud" pendants. Second, thanks for sharing a great way to reuse them. I made a few pendants and then decided to practice making marbles.

Old 2011-08-23, 10:17pm
Misty And Lisa

Baywinger - Great job on the dragon, sippers!

J.Meader - Love the candle stick!

Torchgirl - Keep posting would love to see more!

~Lisa

|
|

Old 2011-08-24, 1:42am

So many great works this month!
Here is my fuming pendant, again..
Attached Images

Old 2011-08-24, 8:48am

Wow you are getting some crazy colors there PaPi. Here are a couple of marbles I did up yesterday.
Attached Images

Old 2011-08-24, 9:55am
Karen James

Bravo Deb! Beautiful!!!!

Karen

Cricket, Mini CC, Devilbiss MC84 Oxy and NG
Old 2011-08-24, 10:30am

Mmmm, Papi and Deb! Yummy implosions!

Lisa, I am located in Louisiana near lake Bisteneau. Its quiet and the woods are pretty.

This is the old unused garage that we turned into our glass studio this year. We added a couple of 1990's red plaid couches,
some patio furniture, and a CD100 jukebox in here too. So stylish!

But it could use a bigger air conditioner.

He's reading lampworketc!

It still needs lots of work but it looks a lot better than it did. Check out this "before" construction picture!

Old 2011-08-24, 1:31pm
Misty And Lisa

PaPiGlass - Beautiful pendant!

Deb tarry - Gorgeous marbles!

MK - Awesome studio! Don't be shy keep posting your stuff.

~Lisa

|
|

Old 2011-08-24, 10:06pm

New Marble today and the largest implosion I have ever made that worked any way

#C-151
Old 2011-08-25, 8:35am

Holy smokes, big and beautiful great job Morgan.

Old 2011-08-25, 11:46am
The Venerable Bead

great job torchgirl! they look wonderful. can you post a larger pic so we can see the details?

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2011-08-25, 6:16pm

Thanks for the feedback Paula, I'm having a hard time making the pictures bigger but small enough to upload (does anyone have a tip for me?), I love that facebook does that automatically. You can see that I used a few floral implosions that weren't really pretty, they look much nicer all swirled up. I really apprecaited your tutorial. I love re-purposing old penants and it was great to practice making marbles becasue I just started making them.

Old 2011-08-25, 6:46pm

Torch girl nice marbles.
Here is today's big marble

#C-151
Old 2011-08-25, 8:38pm

What colors are used in the flower that is beautiful.

Old 2011-08-25, 9:15pm

Deb
I layered NS poppy over GA Acid Yellow and the leaves are GA Clover

#C-151
Old 2011-08-26, 4:07am
Pyromaniac

Impressive crayon implosion/compression

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2011-08-26, 6:54am

Thanks for sharing I am going to have to use that one, I have some lilies I want to do in that combo. That will be a tricky to use that red as I have trouble with boiling. But I will give it a try.
Attached Images

Last edited by deb tarry; 2011-08-26 at 8:57am. Reason: added photos
Old 2011-08-26, 11:32am

very nice pendants Deb.
I find that heating the maria from the back side until the color of the flower gets hot enough to "resist" boiling then shifting to heating the sides and face to implode helps a lot

#C-151
Old 2011-08-26, 8:45pm
is

I find boiling is usually just from a dirty rod or from using the entire rod. Always heat the end of a new rod and throw away the first quarter inch of it, thats the nasty part that always gets the bubbles. =)

Excellent work everyone this month!!!
Old 2011-08-28, 7:32am

A flower implosion, its ns poppy over a yellow thanks for sharing your color combo Baywinger its a perfect color for the tiger lily
Attached Images

Old 2011-08-28, 9:30am

Wow, Beautiful flower! Amazing.