Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-07-09, 11:15am

These are some I made awile ago,not sure if I posted or not
G.
Attached Images

Old 2008-07-09, 3:25pm

This is my first post here and my first boro post. I started working with it in January, and I love it!
A set of Alaskan thunder & clear frit, and I think the pendant is triple passion.
Jeanne
on a minor, tanked ( the torch, not me
Old 2008-07-09, 4:21pm
New Grandma

Cool bottle Tom.I was in class with you wasnt I? Beautiful beads and pendants I love Momka.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

One of the love of my life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-09, 5:31pm
Torch junkie

Here's a couple of new dragon pendants.

Thanks for looking!

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2008-07-09, 5:49pm
Borovangelist

Yep Deb, that was me. It was lovely meeting you

Love the dragon pendants, Roger!

|
|
Old 2008-07-10, 12:41am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Roger, those dragons are amazing, I had to go and bid on the queen

Old 2008-07-10, 6:57am
yukue fumei

G.L.--cool set! Encased poke beads are always so pleasing!

Jeanne--beautiful set! I love it! The pendant is beautiful too!!

Roger--WOW!! Your dragons are amazing!! I love them!!!

nagi

Old 2008-07-10, 7:41am
Dead man walking

Wow, nice work! Love the dragons Roger!

My first attempt at a jelly fish and dot box marbles:

Old 2008-07-10, 8:13am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Everything here is absolutely lickable and fantastic! Now excuse me while I get something to wipe off my screen....
Old 2008-07-10, 8:14am
Button Queen

Well, my stuff isn't near as nice as everyone else's but I'm mighty proud of it. After a year, I was FINALLY FINALLY able to make some plain round boro beads without burning off each and every mandrel... only shortened a couple of them...

The vast majority of these were made with NS Rust and Paula's Rainbow Sands frit. The colors aren't quite right - I need to work on my photography and Photoshop skills next...!

And of course, did some Pandora's....

As well as buttons....

And "regular" beads...

Old 2008-07-10, 9:21am

Barbara, don't feel badly...it took me forever to be able to make simple round boro beads! I can sooooo understand!1
Speaking of simple, these are nothing elaborate, just some simple beads and spacers. I was playing with an experimental Momka color (got from Moretti and More on Etsy) and some Venbead frit. I also wanted to see how small I could get the spacers. I love the redish purple with a bluish haze. Wish the pictures weren't quite so dark and showed the true colors better.

Kim V
PS-Love what you all are doing....but I really LOVE the dragons!!!!!

Old 2008-07-10, 9:49am
Flamewoman

Roger your Dragons....OMG they are cool.
Here is my latest and last for a while, as I badly
burned my hand making it.

Slightly unfinished sea star.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2008-07-11, 8:24am
yukue fumei

jj--the jellyfish rocks! Love your marbles!!!

Barbara-beautiful beads! I love the pinky red set--nice color!

Kim-I love how the top 2 beads glow--just gorgeous!

Mary--I LOVE your starfish! It looks like it's dusted with sugar--beautiful!

nagi

Old 2008-07-11, 10:12pm
Spoiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassroger View Post
Here's a couple of new dragon pendants.

DUDE!!!

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-07-12, 2:45am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

hands off Aimee... I want that one!

Old 2008-07-12, 6:10am

Jeanne - so glad you showed your work - looks great! JJglass - I love the jellyfish - I've always wondered how to do that - would you mind explaining? Wow - KimV - I am so jealous. I would love to take a class with John Kobuki - maybe someday!

Sandy
Old 2008-07-12, 8:01am

Sandy, thanks and if you ever get the chance grab it!! I used his technique yesterday to make some pendants...no pics yet, maybe later today....I'm heading out to explore it again

Old 2008-07-12, 8:58am
Spoiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
hands off Aimee... I want that one!
HAHA!!! I saw you said you were bidding.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-07-12, 3:33pm
Dead man walking

Hey Sandy, thanks , and Kobuki rocks. nuff said.

For the jelly, I blew a bubble on a 30 mm medium wall tube and opened the end. I fumed the inside of the tube and drew a ring around the inside with a 4mm rod. I fumed it again and laid some lines down with a 2 mm and 4 mm rod. I close up the tube and start to condense it down. Once it is condensed and the bottom of the tube is near the top of the head, I use suction to pull the head together and draw the tentacles into the center of the body. At that point you have to rip off the jelly from the tube and finish up the marble. Hope this helps
Old 2008-07-13, 1:37am

Here's one of the pendants that I made using JK's flowers technique. The others that I made all have way too many bubbles. Today's focus at the torch will be to see if I can lessen the amount of those

Old 2008-07-13, 7:26am
yukue fumei

WOW--beautiful!!

nagi

Old 2008-07-13, 7:33am
Hummel factory reject

Kim, your marbles are GORGEOUS!!!! I was hoping to take John's class in ME but it wasn't in the cards. J. Love yours too and thanks for the tips on the jelly fish!!!! lori

Old 2008-07-13, 9:13am

Kim, that pendant is beautiful! And I LOVE the dragons!!!

Here's a simple set of discs using an odd lot I got from Momka at the GAS conference vendors area. I'm in love! Of course I am, it's a glass I probably won't be able to get again, lol.

Old 2008-07-13, 2:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
Roger your Dragons....OMG they are cool.
Here is my latest and last for a while, as I badly
burned my hand making it.

Slightly unfinished sea star.
What's unfinished about it? That is simply the most realistic and awesome thing I have seen.....one of these days, I hope to make things that good.

I ordered my oven and am working on getting a ventilation system and oxygen tanks....I hope to be set up by the end of the month. In the meantime, I'll continue to take lessons once a week. It will be so nice when I can say that I made things by myself. I'm picking up my glass I made last week in a split class/work session on Tuesday at my next class, and I can truthfully say that at least two or three (forget how many I made) I made all by myself, including the loop. I don't consider it truly mine, if my instructor does any of the finish work on it. I know I did at least two flower pendents which turned out great, and a encased flower (which I'm pretty sure didn't turn out the way I intended).
Old 2008-07-13, 2:51pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim V View Post
Here's one of the pendants that I made using JK's flowers technique. The others that I made all have way too many bubbles. Today's focus at the torch will be to see if I can lessen the amount of those

Now that's the kind of thing I want to learn how to make. Who is JK and where can I find her/his technique? I tried something like that last week and I'm almost sure it did not turn out at all.
Old 2008-07-13, 6:42pm
Dead man walking

John Kobuki. He is a master of the compression style. you can go here to see his stuff:

http://www.kobukiglass.com/

If you ever get a chance, take a class with him, night and day difference afterwards plus he's just a good guy.
Old 2008-07-14, 5:58am

Thanks for the kind words! Sonya, I LOVE those! Lori, too bad you couldn't come, it would have been fun to see you again.
Yes, JK is John Kobuki....my fingers were being lazy
Kim V

Old 2008-07-14, 6:48am
yukue fumei

Sonya--beautiful set!
Momka is on a roll!

nagi

Old 2008-07-14, 6:59am
Against the Grain

Wow good work everyone. Love the colors.

under construction

HELLCAT! with 2 oxycons and household NG (yes I will be increasing the oxy)

D-41
Old 2008-07-14, 3:25pm
Torch junkie

Thanks for the compliments on the dragons!

Ok Dragon fans, here's a new two headed dragon.

Enjoy!

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."