Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-10-14, 5:15am
Hobby Junkie

Default Playing With Fire

I just got home from a wonderful class at Playing With Fire Glass Studio in Rockland, Maine. I can't say enough wonderful things about my experience! This was the first time I had taken a class in lampwork (other than the initial local class that got me started 4 years ago).

Let me start with Virginia and Ed... What amazing, wonderful people! They were so helpful and kind. They considered every need of their students and were there to accomodate everyone. I miss their smiling faces already! To top it off, Virginia is an AMAZING cook! You'll leave 5 lbs heavier than you came!

The studio was a great learning environment. The hexagonal table maximized interaction amongst participants and allowed everyone to view the instructor as he was working. Virginia and Ed were very encouraging of some late night torching which allowed the instructor to teach an additional piece after dinner each night.

The class itself was spectacular. John Kobuki is an outstanding instructor who takes everyone's learning style and skill level into account. He is encouraging and kind (and quite funny as well!). He takes his amazing art and breaks it down into steps that anyone can understand and learn. The possibilities with using his techniques are endless. I learned so much!

The town itself is quaint and peaceful. The local folks were very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend bringing your family members along.

If you ever get a chance to take a class at this amazing studio, I would jump at the opportunity!

P.S. A BIG thank you to NorthStar Glass, who donated all of the colored rod used in John's class!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-15, 6:52pm
Glassaholic

Oh yes! Ed and Virginia are just the nicest people you could ever meet and their studio is wonderful! I would highly recommend Playing With Fire to anyone considering taking a class.

By the way, they are hosting the Boston Chapter (ISGB) October meeting in their studio this Sunday, October 17th starting at 11:00 AM, so anyone who wants to pop in to check it out can go. Bring a snack to share. It is always a great group of people and Wesley Fleming will be doing sculptural demos!

Ann

Old 2010-10-15, 8:30pm

Dear Cori and Ann, you two are so sweet!

Thank you for all your kind words! The very best part of hosting classes here is that we get to meet some of the nicest people anywhere--like you two! No kidding, that is the biggest reward of all.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.