Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-04-26, 6:28pm

Default It's Been a While

I haven't lampworked in more than 6 months. I have been super busy with school and other stuff. One of my friends just set up a boro studio so I thought I would break out my gear so I could give him a few lessons.

That being said, my concentrators have been in a closet for much longer than they should be. I haven't run them at all since the end of summer. I just turned them on a bit ago to see if they still work. They manage to relight a blown-out match, but I haven't hooked them up yet. I am off to do that right now.

The reason that I am posting is that I have been away for so long. What's new? Is there a great new business or color, or have some dropped in quality? What's the newest trick for modifying concentrators?

Glad to be back,

Mr. Meker

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-04-27, 4:52am

If you like sparkle in your glass ... Glass Alchemy's Jackpot and Andromeda are the latest yum colors.

Newer to the boro supply biz ... Salt City Glass ... Robert and Donna are super nice to deal with and they send you Truffles as well (or they were!!). Rob Bearer has also updated Art Glass House's web page ... great to deal with and on my coast so I get my goodies .... fffaaaaast!

Oh and Welcome Back!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-04-27, 11:24am

welcome back.

Old 2013-04-28, 3:31am
Now part of the Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieGlass View Post
If you like sparkle in your glass ... Glass Alchemy's Jackpot and Andromeda are the latest yum colors.

Newer to the boro supply biz ... Salt City Glass ... Robert and Donna are super nice to deal with and they send you Truffles as well (or they were!!). Rob Bearer has also updated Art Glass House's web page ... great to deal with and on my coast so I get my goodies .... fffaaaaast!

Oh and Welcome Back!!
I just ordered some of each, should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 2013-04-28, 5:57am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonharper View Post
I just ordered some of each, should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.
Awesome ... show pixs. I'm loving the Jackpot as frit. Particulary the fine frit. The Andromeda I haven't managed to find it's sweet spot yet. It's getting better though.