Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-06-18, 6:39pm

Default build your own easy cube light box for cheap

My kids still need a lot of things to play with and I didn't realize how versatile
their toys were.

REcently I looked into getting an eazy cube for big bucks to shoot photos...and then I looked at my cat cave. (ok the girls have sort of mangled this one...use your imaginations.)
You can get these at walmart of kmart for under $7.

Then take it apart... and put it back together with some parachute cloth...they call it something else at the fabric store but if you ask for parachute cloth they will direct you to it...then just replace all the cloth on with that...cut and opening to take your photos...and then yes you will have to buy the lights...
and you will need a background...if you go and READ what they tell you at the ezsy cube site about what you need to can pick that up easily too...
and voila! you will have a great photo set up for about 1/4 of the cost maybe less...
....the comparative cost is a pittance! I will build mine in the next couple of days.
here is a link to their site...http://store.tabletopstudio-store.co...FSQqagodvC9LVw

Beads galore at my ebay store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!

Last edited by !ngridh; 2008-06-18 at 6:40pm. Reason: typo
Old 2008-06-18, 7:19pm

this is option 2...
another cat toy...

This would be easier to construct...all white tubing off course.
Again parachute cloth in white...I might go this way...
when I get it constructed I will show you the results.

If anyone has any suggestions or has put together their own lite cube...
please post...
and if you know a great source for the lights...? I would like to know too...
I know where to get the background

Beads galore at my ebay store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2008-06-19, 12:11am

actually, there's nothing cheaper than an empty milk jug.... I just reshot all my inventory for my site...useing a plastic gallon milk jug as a diffuser...*thanks Sharon!!*

I cut the bottom off it and put a background on my desk (a piece of velvet covered cardboard) with the item to be photographed on it (and used some tape to get the kitty fur off it between shots...). I used my gooseneck magnifying lamp as the light source.. I just pulled it down and aimed it at whichever side I wanted the light to come from then used my spare hand to fine tune it if necessary. The camera lens fits into the mouth of the jug and it's the right height for perfect focus using the closeup setting and the light is bright enough that the auto-flash doesn't get triggered...

And I'm told it works even better outside