Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-04-17, 3:55pm
Save the Numbats

Default Tequila Sunrise (Glasstique)

Any fellow Lampwork Etc. Boro aficionados tried this color from the GA Glasstique?? It's supposed to be like the Warm Orange that led up to Persimmon. I never tried Warm Orange.

I love striking colors, so I've been enjoying it a lot. It's a silver and striking red mix sort of color, like Persimmon Strike, NS Orange and Momka's Carribean Coral. It's less saturated with red than Persimmon strike and certainly less so than the C. Coral. Red amount is somewhat like NS Light orange (um.. I think there was a light orange) but theres more silver. Overall, the effects are similar to striking red with NS Yellow, sort of. This is good.

I've gotten all sorts of transparent pinks, purples, oranges, yellows, creamy yellows, various reds and wispy blue streaks from this color.
I'll post some pics later on!
Old 2007-04-17, 4:09pm
The Venerable Bead

check out this thread for more pics of tequila sunrise
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...equila+sunrise

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-04-19, 12:22pm
Save the Numbats

Well, this color is awesome. I'm going to continue threatening to post pictures.
Old 2007-04-19, 12:57pm
Serenity Now!

Come on Julian...let's see!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on your pics...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-04-19, 4:50pm
Flame Dame

I'd love to see some pictures, too, because I get nothing out of the glass

Leah
Old 2007-04-19, 10:30pm
Save the Numbats

Okay, heres a couple.. showing several aspects of this many sided color!
Silver and reduced copper, bloody brilliant. I feel like raving about this color in a weird British accent. If you can't get any color out of it, I suggest reading about Triple Passion and silver in the GA color manual, or find Brent's advice about Double Amber Purple in the archives of this forum. basically, work it really hot like any other striking silver color to prevent the 'haze' of silver that comes to the surface from clouding the colors over! Then strike it in a nice hot kiln. Unfortunately, this sample had a fair bit of gas bubble dealies. Hopefully this color will be smooth like Persimmon once in production... um, it's going to be in production, right? (gulp)

These are all Tequila Sunrise and clear.

This disc looks like the weird Momka color, um.. Carribbean Coral? Sometimes that color gets the same creamy weird red like in between the dots on this one.

This is a blown bead made with Teq. Sun mixed with Ruby Strike 4.
Dougie has his own pink, can this one be mine?? Nevermind, I don't want a pink.. maybe a sea green. This is really magenta anyway, or fuschia or something, isn't it?

In conclusion, I present a spiral made with Tequila Sunrise and it's first cousin, Persimmon Strike.

Last edited by Juln; 2007-04-19 at 10:38pm.
Old 2007-04-20, 12:01am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

oh my god! THose are fabulous Juls, I love LOVE that spiral!!!
I got myself some on the way and cant wait to get it

Old 2007-04-20, 3:16am
Serenity Now!

Niiiice!!!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-04-20, 6:48am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Juln, those are colors are beautiful.

#K58
Old 2007-04-20, 6:55am
Flame Dame

Wow! Those are fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm going out to play with my Tequila!

Leah
Old 2007-04-20, 6:57am

This is one of my favorite colors, also. But I must say, you are the Master! Absolutely beautiful work!!! Keep the pictures coming.

Rose

Old 2007-04-20, 10:00am
Save the Numbats

Wow, thanks! I'd love to see what other striking glass lovers can come up with.

... Brent, can you put down the Double Amber Purple for a second and try this stuff??
Old 2007-04-20, 3:22pm

This is one of my favorite colors too, but I have been hoarding my stash because I am afraid it will not make it into production. Wish I had the money to buy some more.

That spiral is awesome! Why can't I strike stuff like that when I encase it.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-04-20, 5:37pm
ManBearPig

I have yet to see any of this Tequila Sunrise in person. I need to get some I guess. I just hate paying full price for glass...

Old 2007-04-21, 7:01am
traumaqueen

but Cosmo.... it's so purty!

Old 2007-04-21, 9:38am

Well, Juln.... I played around with mine yesterday and tryed mixing it up with pomagranite and med. elvis. All I can say is they sure didn't come out like yours. The one with pomegranite came out a watermelon red. Not worth posting though. But I will keep playing, after seeing yours.

Rose

Old 2007-04-21, 11:20am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBeads View Post
I'd love to see some pictures, too, because I get nothing out of the glass

Leah
Hi Leah,

You need to get this one really hot. This one likes to be beat up in the flame. heat it until it goes completely clear and burn off most of the haze. (I like to leave a little haze.) Then let it cool outside the flame until all of the orange glow is gone. Hold it under the table so you can see the orange glow is all gone. Then give it another 10-15 seconds of cooling before you take it out to the tip of the flame and strike it. Bring it to a barely visible glow and hold it there until you see the colors you want to get. You can also put this one into the kiln almost clear and it should strike out nicely somewhere between 1070 and 1100 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. Have faith, you will get it.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-04-21, 3:02pm
Gay rights R human rights

Does anyone here have any experience buying from Glasstique? I sprung for some glass (3/4#) but when I got the invoice, the shipping was just ridiculous (over $50!). I emailed them but havent heard back yet.

Good vendor? Bad vendor?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Leslie

Last edited by tiggybubba; 2007-04-21 at 3:02pm. Reason: .
Old 2007-04-21, 3:25pm

Yes I have bought from them. They are a well known company. That sounds like one of those computer generated things. Give them a call. They live at Glass Alchemy.

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-04-21, 5:47pm
Save the Numbats

Yes, the Glasstique is run by Glass Alchemy...
they have the shipping thing on eBay not right. Based on my previous experience, they should get back to you on Monday with the proper amount. If not call GA at 503-460-0545 and tell them it's a Glasstique order and they should be able to fix the shipping for you.
Old 2007-04-21, 7:16pm
Gay rights R human rights

Thanks so much everyone.

I figured it had to be a computer glitch or something like that.

Leslie
Old 2007-04-21, 11:03pm
traumaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggybubba View Post
Does anyone here have any experience buying from Glasstique? I sprung for some glass (3/4#) but when I got the invoice, the shipping was just ridiculous (over $50!). I emailed them but havent heard back yet.

Good vendor? Bad vendor?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Leslie
I got invoiced with the highest shippingfees ever too! I'll wait and see what postage will be stamped on my box before contacting them. I usually pay somewhere around 12 dollar for packages up to I think 1 lb but in this case I was charged 20 dollar, so we'll have to see what happeneds next. I think they are searching for shippingfees online, and the exact shippingfees are much lower. I'll wait for my package to arrive, maybe they are just using the wrong shipping company, but my guess is they are overcharging by accident. I expect to receive a refund when shippingfees aren't 20 bucks, I'll let you know

Old 2007-04-21, 11:04pm
traumaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juln View Post
Yes, the Glasstique is run by Glass Alchemy...
they have the shipping thing on eBay not right. Based on my previous experience, they should get back to you on Monday with the proper amount. If not call GA at 503-460-0545 and tell them it's a Glasstique order and they should be able to fix the shipping for you.
poop, I should have read the whole thread before posting mine. THat is exactly what I meant. I'll see what happends next cause I did pay the full 20 dollar for shipping

Old 2007-04-22, 5:34am
The Venerable Bead

yeah you need to e-mail them and they will absolutley combine shipping.

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-04-23, 12:31pm
Flame Dame

Quote:
Hi Leah,

You need to get this one really hot. This one likes to be beat up in the flame. heat it until it goes completely clear and burn off most of the haze. (I like to leave a little haze.) Then let it cool outside the flame until all of the orange glow is gone. Hold it under the table so you can see the orange glow is all gone. Then give it another 10-15 seconds of cooling before you take it out to the tip of the flame and strike it. Bring it to a barely visible glow and hold it there until you see the colors you want to get. You can also put this one into the kiln almost clear and it should strike out nicely somewhere between 1070 and 1100 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. Have faith, you will get it.

Thanks, Eric...I'll give that a try...though I thought I let it get dripping hot and cool down enough but it still came out yucky

Leah
Old 2007-04-23, 9:34pm
Save the Numbats

Sometimes, the beads I make with ruby or other striking red colors are bland, until I reheat them and flame strike again.
I made one that was ruby with a bit of TqSu mixed in, and it came out almost black, except on the end where it struck in the flame when I did the second hole (blown bead ...). So I reheated it the next day, grabbed it with tweezers and reheated spots until it looked funkier. I'm trying to post a picture.. for some reason this bead is really hard to take a photo of.

I'm not really sure what the best way to use this in a mandrel bead would be.
Old 2007-04-24, 5:29am
ManBearPig

Well, I broke down and bought some Tequila Sunrise and some Silver Sands last Friday. It says in their auction "If you are buying more than one, don't pay until you receive an invoice". I have e-mailed them three times asking for an invoice, and used the "request total" feature through Ebay. Still nothing. Tried calling and didn't get anyone.

Hopefully they'll get back to me sometime soon...

Old 2007-04-24, 5:39am

Try backing this color with NS EWS or bubblegum, or GA sno white or Yellow Crayon. You can control the strike much better since it won't be as deep and I have found that all of these colors look really good behind the Tequila Sunrise.

Old 2007-04-24, 6:19am
yukue fumei

Wow Juln--beautiful!
I love all the different colors you got but the magenta is my fave! Wow!!!

nagi

Old 2007-04-24, 6:35am
boro color bender

Very nice color... I'll have to try it when I get some free time. Looks sweet! Thanks for sharing...

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley