Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in this tutorial?
Yes! I would love to purchase this tutorial when ready. 9 22.50%
No. I would much rather LOOK at your beads. 31 77.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-11, 10:07am
Hothead:loud and proud ;)

Smile "Fall Birch Tree Butterfly Tutorial" interest?

Hi everyone! I'd like to try and make my first tutorial, and would love feedback on your interest levels. As I skimmed my brain for possible techniques I could demonstrate, I remembered this one I had discovered when I was first starting out as a lampwork artist; Birch Trees! Along with the birch technique, I added some home-made enamel for leaves (that will be a part of the tutorial as well!) and a little butterfly (also in the tutorial!) to give it a nice fall appearance:

The front of the bead. You can see the beautiful enamel the will be included with the tutorial on how to made and apply.

The backside of the bead. You can see the birch stripes that I'm sure ever talented artist in LE can use to their advantage using any two colors of glass. I bet silver glasses would look absolutely stunning using this technique!

Close up of the butterfly. Also included with the tutorial.

A shot of my enamel, handmade by me, and will also be part of the tutorial. I will step by step show how to make the enamel AND how to apply it.

This is one of the first ones I have made. Now sold and owned by a lovely woman who adores the originality.

This tutorial will teach how to apply and make enamel, how to make a butterfly(a good technique to know with that spring season approaching quickly!), and how to make the stripes of a birch tree.

These techniques are NOT hard, and can easily be done by the newest of lampwork artists. Having said that, it also shows great new techniques for more advance lampworkers to use and experiment with.

Any interest?

If anyone has any questions about my tutorial to be, OR any advice about tutorials in general, I'd love to hear it.

As a hardcore lampworker for over a year now, I feel it is time for me to share some of my knowledge to our beautiful and diverse lampwork community. I am very proud of my techniques and will take the utmost care to make sure this tutorial is spot on.

Hope everyone is staying warm,
Abigail Lyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-10, 1:26pm

i would love to learn how to make there lovly beads

My Etsy
Old 2011-03-10, 6:35pm
Hothead:loud and proud ;)

Thank you Audrafields. A little crushed with the results, but your response has given me spark enough to complete it. I thank you for that.

Old 2011-03-10, 6:39pm

I am curious how you make your own enamels!