Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2006-08-30, 3:05am
Leisabeads

Janet, mine's 12 x 12. It's not a bad size, I would have loved to go bigger of course but there's only so much money to spend!! I will show some pictures of the inside when I get all my chairs and plants and storm stuff out! This "storm" looks like a piece of cake ~Leisa
Old 2006-08-30, 4:49am

Janet,
I'm enjoying my shed / studio , it's roomy its a 12x16 building. I have been busy adding more storage for it and a natural gas line, which I love. Plumbers ran ext.for me so I can hookup a wall heater on the back wall.So I'm looking at ones of those at Lowes ($550) so maybe I will have plenty time to save for one , before our winter hits. Our Tx Panhandle winters are pretty cold and rough.
Leisa, I'm glad this storm is going to be a piece of cake for you as you said. Take care.
Janet
Old 2006-08-30, 5:10am
Too Hot for my Torch

Envy, I rent, ooh I want your studios.
The day we understand; everything that's going on, everything we're doing, and all that has come before; will most likely be the day we die. Otherwise we'll tell the world and then what will people do with their free time?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-08-30, 7:23pm
are we there yet?

They are both just darling -- if there is such a thing as a darling shed. Unfortunately, because of our covenants I will be limited to 12' x 10' or 120 sq. ft. I suppose that will suffice.

Leisa, I can't wait to see pictures of the inside.

Janet

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well make beads. jazz
Old 2006-08-30, 7:29pm

Janet,
There's nothing wrong with a 12x10 or anything smaller. Proud for you.
You'll have fun getting it ready and organizing it. Then torching.
Be sure and post pictures.
Janet
Old 2006-08-30, 11:10pm
Everybody Needs Beads!

Wow guys! Those are AWSOME! How do you ever leave them to go back into the house? Plumbing huh?
ha!
Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2006-09-05, 7:38am
Formerly SirWatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisabeads
Here's my Studio Shed. It's a company called "Wooley Sheds". They are made of steel and insulated. There's an air-cond too. I will take some pictures of the inside after our storm passes, right now the inside is a pre-storm storage! I've had it for a few years and love it. Hurricane Wilma took some shingles of last year but it's steel underneath so it was only cosmetic.
It's probably stronger than my house! ~Leisa

Wow! Great studio shed! It makes me want to order mine right now!

<><
Old 2006-09-05, 10:58am

just mu 2 cents worth, but I heat my studio with a small Monitor gas heater, and I'm toasty in the winter. My studio is 18 x 22, fully insulated, and is the dormered space above our 2-car garage, and the heater works very well on all but the most brutal, no-sun, windy, below-zero days, when even my house isn't warm enough. USE THE TYVEK!! We've had moisture problems in our house, and when we took the sheetrock down because of mildew, we found tht they'd forgotten the tyvek there. The rest of the house is fine.
I'll post pictures of my studio when I get the camera fixed (dropped it on a rock while photographing jewelry for my portfolio 00OOPS!!!
Dawn
Old 2006-09-07, 6:28am
Formerly SirWatson

Update! Well, my shed has been ordered! I placed the order yesterday afternoon, and am happy to say I got it much cheaper than I had anticipated!

Here are the stats:

* 6x8 shed with a gabled roof
* Cedar siding
* Cedar roof boards
* A french door
* One large opening window and one large fixed (non-opening) window)
* Vents

I opted not to get the house wrap since I don't plan on insulating the shed. It's such a small space that I don't think it's worth wrapping, insulating and drywalling the inside. Especially since I plan on leaving the ceiling unfinished. I have some great space heaters that will work wonders in the winter and will invest in a window air conditioning unit for the summer.

It's all good!

My kit should be delivered the last week in September, so hopefully by this time next month, my new shed will be built!

Thanks for all the tips, everyone!

<><
Old 2006-09-07, 7:52am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Where did you get your shed? I am looking to add something like this at my house and am wondering where to look.
Old 2006-09-07, 8:30am
Formerly SirWatson

I bought my shed from www.summerwood.com. They're located in Canada and are super nice! I got a 6x8 Palmerston that'll look similar to the one in the picture below (except it won't have cedar shingles or a dormer over the window).

http://www.summerwood.com/images/configuration/989

<><
Old 2006-09-08, 1:42pm
Michelle Morrison-Geschke

Default Oh Karla!

How Cute is that!!!
Keep us posted and put pictures up as you go!
Michelle

I'm sure your's will be done before mine...we are still waiting on an electrician!!!

and
New items!

I'm mostly over at Facebook these days... and working. Life has gotten... Hectic. I will try to check messages here... but try FB if you need me...
Old 2006-09-08, 1:47pm
Formerly SirWatson

Thanks Michelle! I doubt mine will be done any time before yours! I don't plan on installing electricity, gas lines or ventilation for a while. It'll be done in steps as I have the money.

I'll definitely keep you posted with pictures!

<><
Old 2006-09-08, 6:11pm

Karla , Proud for you. Know you are excited. Keep us posted.
Janet
Old 2006-09-08, 9:25pm
make beads not war

WOW! Karla... that is one sweet looking shed. Much better than the ones we were scoping over in Home Depot. LOL... I can't wait to see it in person!
Old 2006-09-10, 7:31pm

In case anyone else out there is considering a shed for a studio, here are pictures of my shed/studio. It is a site built shed that we bought at Home Depot. They came to the house and one guy built it in one day. We had the electrical wiring and a kick-ass ventilation system professionally installed. Then my husband finished off the inside with insulation, drywall, textured walls, ceramic tile floor, stainless steel sink, cabintets and countertop, overhead lighting and A/C. We also built the front porch ourselves and I built the boxes on the porch that hold my two propane tanks. I have all stainless steel tables inside; a TV, DVD player, CD player, and a cherry on top! I love my little studio. Most people would never know it started out as a shed. It is so cute and loaded with goodies! There isn't an inch of wasted space in my 10' x 14' building.

Here is a picture of it under construction

Here is what it looks like from the outside

I'll get some pics from the inside and post them soon.

Becky
Old 2006-09-10, 7:39pm

Becky ,
It looks wonderful , and the inside sounds great too. Know you are proud of your studio. Be sure and post inside pictures too. Thanks for sharing.
Janet
Old 2006-09-10, 7:40pm
Formerly SirWatson

Holy crap! That's beautiful, Becky! I can't wait to see the inside photos! I only hope mine is half as cute!

<><
Old 2006-09-10, 7:46pm
Mr. Cellophane

Oh my gosh these are so cute!!!
Karla I am so excited for you. Can't wait to have a studio warming party..hint hint..
________
Pissing videos

Last edited by Libby L.; 2011-03-30 at 3:37am.
Old 2006-09-10, 7:49pm

Janet and Karla,

Thanks. I really love my little studio. It is happy and cheerful and a fun palce to play. My wonderful husband wanted me to have a place where I could be comfortable and happy, and he spent countless hours in the heat of the summer last year finishing it off so that it was my special place. It is so cool too because it matches our house.

I had been torching on our back porch, and living in Florida that meant sweating my butt off most of the time. I really am lucky to have such a nice studio, and I don't take it for granted. I will take some inside picutres later this week after I finish putting away a new box of Bullseye that spread out all over the place. I have to get the inside all cleaned up anyway because I'm teaching a private "seashell beads" lesson on Saturday.

Becky
Old 2006-09-12, 7:39am
Formerly SirWatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby L.
Oh my gosh these are so cute!!!
Karla I am so excited for you. Can't wait to have a studio warming party..hint hint..
Definitely! I'd love to have everyone over! Once the shed it built, I'll have you all over to see it! It'll be a while before it's complete (with electricity, ventilation, fuel lines, flooring, etc.), so we can see how nice it looks before I start working on the inside.

<><
Old 2006-09-12, 12:09pm
make beads not war

Becky, that is one gorgeous looking studio! Loved what you did with all the landscaping! Karla when is yours arriving?
Old 2006-09-13, 5:25am
Formerly SirWatson

Mine will arrive the last week of this month...so some time during the week of the 25th. Then, I'll work as much as possible to get the shed built within a week or so or receiving it. At that point, you guys can come see it since it'll be a while before it's ready to torch in.

<><
Old 2006-09-25, 9:01am

Default Cabinet /sink for studio

Recently found this SS steel cabinet at garage sale for $15. Not bad. Just clean it up .
Old 2006-09-25, 9:05am

Just added more storage to my studio. This cabinet comes in handy with cleaning my beads or washing my hand. Just had to clean it up from buying at garage sale.
My DH just shook his head.Lol
Janet
Old 2006-09-29, 11:02pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Oh cute cute cute Karla!

You're gonna make some FANTASTIC beads in there I can tell....

I was hoping for a piece ofthe uility room for me but it looks liek the garage after all....

That's ok, a little paint and some furntiure and a mini wall and I no one will even know.... LOL
~Becky
Post pics when you got em...

Old 2006-10-02, 4:41pm
Formerly SirWatson

The shed comes tomorrow morning! Woo hoo! Pics will be available! I promise!

<><
Old 2006-10-02, 6:10pm
still not Leslie

Location: Home the 2011 Worlds Series Champion St Louis Cardinals

Karla! I am sooo excited for you! Your very own bead palace!!!
Old 2006-10-02, 6:33pm
Formerly SirWatson

Do you guys wanna come over to help me have a shed-warming party once it's built? There won't be a torch or anything inside...but we can all pack in and have our own bead shed-ication.

<><
Old 2006-10-04, 4:02pm
<--misses Austin buddies

I've never been formally invited to a shed-ication... i would be honored.
LOL
AND I'll bring the drinks!
~Becky