LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-07-04, 8:52pm

Default Oxygen Concentrator issue

I have a oxygen concentrator problem. I have an M-10 10PSI 5LPM oxygen concentrator (unsure of brand, but company that modified/refurbished it is no longer in business) that I bought off a friend. It has been "breathing" audibly for a while (more so that my older one but I figured it was just this brand that made a different noise) but today the flame started acting weird. The flame was breathing too (going up and down and then blowing out). The meter that shows how many LPM was not fluctuating. I can hear an intermediate hiss like there is a leak, but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas? While my dad and I were looking at this one, he broke off the nub on my other machine that the hose clamps to, so now I'm without any concentrator. AUGH. He is going to look at both of them tomorrow and try to fix, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm looking for suggestions. Also, anyone know if any people in the Puget Sound area that can fix/refurbish concentrators? I'm going to be cross posting this, so sorry if you see it a lot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2014-07-05, 11:22am
Glass-aholic

I have the EXACT same issue with one of my older concentrators. (Lots of hours, figured it was done) but if there us a solution that would be great. this just happened a few days ago too, what are the odds!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-07-05, 8:43pm
Gay rights R human rights

A couple of possibilities. Compressor getting weak. its not filling the sieve beds completely during its cycle. An internal leak somewhere. soapy water on all connections. A bad sieve bed.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2014-07-07, 2:31am
Phill

I would spring for replacement filters before giving up on any of these machines.

Franks Hospital Work Shop has some manuals on a lot of different units and you may find more information on your specific machines through google
http://www.frankshospitalworkshop.co...e_manuals.html

These filters get clogged with stuff over time I think and there are often more than one filter in them.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2014-07-07 at 2:33am.
Old 2014-07-13, 4:32pm
Co-owner

Lara, It is not unusual to see flame jumping due to the cycling of the sieve beds which is inherent in older oxycons. If you link the two units you have together you will see the cycling disappear. If you need a new "hub" to attach your outflow 1/4" tubing to your oxycon just PM me your shipping address and I will mail you a new one at no charge. your M-10 should be identical to our BoroFire 510 made from a Respironics Millenium 10. If you do not have a user's manual I will email you one if you want.

PHONE: (385) 237-3365
OXYGEN 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0575
LAMPWORKING 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0576
Old 2014-07-13, 4:37pm
Co-owner

WARNING! Be careful if you open the concentrator. There is a high charge capacitor that stores energy like a battery. If you do not discharge it properly it can produce a lethal electrical shock even when your machine is unplugged.

Old 2014-07-17, 4:30pm

Sorry, didn't get back here. My dad opened up the machine and it was loose hose that he thinks was attached to a sensor of some sort. He put it back on and it worked great for about 3 hours, then started acting up again. He put it back and then attached it on one ends with some wire. Working great sense then. He said if it came off again he thinks it could be a sensor issue.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2014-07-18, 6:57am
Co-owner

Lara, I believe there is no better technical help than a willing dad. Congrats. If Dad needs access to a service manual let me know.

best regards,

Robert

Tags
oxygen concentrator