Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Cork Board > Site Announcements

Site Announcements -- Public announcements and other messages from the Lampwork Etc. administrator.

Old 2006-11-12, 7:04pm
LE System Admin

Default New forum features

Last night, we upgraded LE to a new version of the vBulletin software that runs the forum. In addition to the many back-end improvements and changes that won't directly affect you, here are some of the new features that you may notice. I borrowed these images and some of the text from the vendor's site.

Multi-Quote
The multi-quote feature allows users to tag multiple posts that they wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once the user clicks the reply button, each tagged post is quoted.

To increase usability, by default, only posts within the current thread are automatically quoted. If you wish to quote posts in other threads with multi-quote, you simply need to click a link on the reply page, and the text of those posts will be added without a reload.

Quote Tags Link to Quoted Post
When quoting a post, the ID of the post is automatically included with the [quote] tag. When the quoted text is viewed in a thread, a small icon links back to the quoted post.

Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The New Posts link in the top navigation bar now excludes the three Back Alley forums (Woodshed, Bedroom, Bathroom) by default.
Full BCC Support in Private Messages
Like in an email, BCC (blind carbon-copy) allows you to hide the full list of recipients from each recipient. In the past, the “to” field acted like a BCC field. Now, the “to” field acts like the field in an email; each recipient will see all the names in the “to” field.

Mark Forums Read Quickly
If you wish to mark a forum read, you can simply click its status icon on the index page and the change will be processed without a reload. You can even mark individual sub-forums as read in the same way.

New Buddy/Ignore List Editor
The new buddy and ignore list editor allows users to be quickly added and removed from your lists. If an error occurs such as a user not being found, you can simply correct the error and continue without reloading the page. Additionally to make the interface even easier to use, vBulletin searches for matching users as you type their names.

Auto-Resize Oversized Image Attachments
If an image which is larger than what we allow is attached to a post, the server will attempt to automatically resize the image to an allowed size. This new feature is currently only available with attachment uploads, and hasn't been added to the Image Uploader at this time.

‘Reason for Editing’ Available on Quick Edit
You may now include a reason for editing without having to click through to the full editor.

Show Threads or Posts from Quick Search Popup
You can now choose to show search results as threads or posts without having to click through to the advanced search page.

Signatures
We now have more flexibility in controlling what is and is not allowed in signatures. While increased restrictions may not seem like a good thing to you, we hope to be able to tune these settings to keep the LE browsing experience good for everyone, while still allowing room for creativity in sigs.

Also, you can now upload a "signature picture" which you can then place anywhere in your signature with the [sigpic] tag. This new feature really doesn't give us anything that we didn't already have with the LE Image Uploader, but it's there as an additional option if you want to use it.

Receive Private Messages from Buddies Only
You may now select to receive private messages only from users on your buddy list. If a non-buddy tries to send you a message, they will receive an error saying that you do not accept private messages.

Private Messages: Quota Warning
Once you have reached 90% of your private message quota, you will receive a warning by email telling you that you have almost reached your quota. Also, you'll see a warning up by your username on each page.

Improved post preview in subscription emails
New Post notification emails for subscribed threads will now have an improved preview of the new post's text.
Old 2006-11-14, 8:27pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

Great stuff Jason. Thanks for all your hard work and good explanations.

Mona

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to get 15% off my beads

Old 2006-11-16, 10:17pm

Jason these changes are GREAT! Thank you
Tell Corri I am praying for her quick recovery
Hugs
Lynnie

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2006-11-17, 12:05am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

You totally spoil us!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2006-12-20, 12:29pm
Kim Hart Designs

NICE!!

Old 2007-01-03, 10:24pm

OH JASON???

when are we gonna get some chat room updates with some new and fun features?? New smiles?? Something that keeps us from being booted out so much, gets rid of the lag time????

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2007-02-08, 2:30pm

Wow. This site just keeps getting better and better.
Old 2007-02-09, 11:19am
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

I'd love to see the top menu also at the bottom of the posts. I use the USER CP and h8 to scroll all the wy bck to the top.

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2007-03-13, 10:00pm

Hi, This is probably not the right place to ask about this but I was wondering if you have a spot on the site for discussion and comments on how a particular show is. How were sales? The promoters? The locations?
I like to talk about shows after I've done them and if it is a new show I've not done; I'd like to get info on it. Thanks, lois
Old 2007-03-13, 10:20pm
LE System Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lois View Post
Hi, This is probably not the right place to ask about this but I was wondering if you have a spot on the site for discussion and comments on how a particular show is. How were sales? The promoters? The locations?
I like to talk about shows after I've done them and if it is a new show I've not done; I'd like to get info on it. Thanks, lois

Try the Shows and Festivals forum.