Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Cork Board > Site Announcements

Site Announcements -- Public announcements and other messages from the Lampwork Etc. administrator.

Old 2005-12-24, 11:34pm
LE System Admin

Default IMPORTANT: Upcoming Outage

We need to physically move the LE server sometime in the coming days. This will result in some downtime for this site. Although we expect to keep it to a minimum, the possibility exists for an extended outage. I'll try to keep a status update available at www.lampworketc.com during the outage, but there may be periods of time where you won't be able to load up any page at that address.

If you are unable to access www.lampworketc.com at any time in the next week, please know that we will be back on the air as soon as possible and have not disappeared for good! No need to panic!

Thanks for your patience

Jason
Old 2005-12-29, 9:35am
CA Queen Bitch

Thanks Jason for all you do and your wonderful knowledge of computers!!!
You take such good care of us!!

~me~

Being unstable and bitchy is all part of my mystique.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Peek A Boo!
Old 2005-12-29, 10:21am

Thanks for the heads up, Jason. I'll try not to hyperventilate if I can't get on to LE. *grin*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-12-30, 6:07pm

Thanks Jason, I have prozac at the ready in case of extreme stress! LOL
THanks for this site!

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2006-01-08, 9:43am
No Longer an LE Member

Jason,

I am curious, did you move all the LE server already?If so, wow....that was seamless. Thank you for everything you do for us as system admin. You fascilitate an amazing exchange of ideas and creativity in the lampwork community and I just want you to know we really do appreciate it and we do not tell you enough.
Old 2006-01-09, 5:08pm
LE System Admin

Thanks for the kind words.

No, the move was postponed. We're now targeting the afternoon/evening (MST) of Wednesday the 11th. I don't want to make any promises, but if I had to take a wild guess, I'd expect the downtime to be roughly 1 - 1.5 hours with an explanation/status page up during most of the downtime.
Old 2006-01-11, 11:49am
LE System Admin

Just to keep everyone updated.. move has been postponed to tomorrow (Thurs) afternoon/evening.
Old 2006-01-11, 6:38pm
Dildo Kween!

We'll be prepared! The pages have really been sloooooooow to load the past few days - even without photos. Yeah I have a crappy connection too - but even eBay load faster than this!

Can't wait for the switch-over! wooohoooo! all fresh and new Much like the bathroom at midnight.

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2006-01-11, 7:18pm
Covered in glitter

OK and what in the hell am I supposed to do THEN? HUH??? I might have to do something than spend way too much of my day here. Hope this doesn't take long. I might have to take drugs to get me through.

Well, at least you are doing it on a sushi day so I won't be here for most of it. That's a good thing! LOL

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2006-01-11, 7:18pm
LE System Admin

Well, this time we're not actually changing servers -- the current server is just moving to another location (as in both moving to a new location in the physical world and to a new location on the internet). As far as the slowness, things don't look much different to me as far as server 'load' than it has in the last several weeks and I haven't noticed the same slowness. Perhaps there is internet contention somewhere between you and the server's current internet location. If that is the cause, then yeah, it may get faster for you after the move
Old 2006-01-11, 8:19pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Thank You Jason for all your hard work, I am sure the move will be much more painful for you than any of the rest of us.
Just want to let you know how much "I appreciate you!"

~S~

Old 2006-01-11, 8:36pm
Entropy increasing....

Everytime I see this thread I read it as Upcomming Outrage.

I keep waiting for a huge rant.
Old 2006-01-12, 6:44am
Goofbead

Oh my goodness. No LE for almost 2 hours. What will I do? I will be lost! Um. Dang.. good thing I took today off to make beads. I might just have to torch. Here's hoping that I don't run out of oxy. LOL

Sympathizing with ya here Jason. I am a mainframe programmer and we are getting ready to upgrade that badboy in the next month. I am NOT looking forward to THAT.

"Wherever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai
Old 2006-01-12, 5:27pm
LE System Admin

Quick update -- the move has been cancelled for tonight. I'll let you guys know when the next attempt is planned.
Old 2006-01-16, 9:09pm
LE System Admin

WHEEEEE And we are back online. Welcome back.

It appears that we may have a flaky ethernet card in the server. We finally found a hub that seems to be able to talk to it ok for the moment. Hopefully it will get us by OK until we can replace the card.
Old 2006-01-16, 9:14pm

Thank you Jason...You and Corri are awesome!
Do I need to go out and buy y'all a new network card? I'll have withdrawals if you go down again! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
WHEEEEE And we are back online. Welcome back.

It appears that we may have a flaky ethernet card in the server. We finally found a hub that seems to be able to talk to it ok for the moment. Hopefully it will get us by OK until we can replace the card.

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2006-01-16, 9:25pm
LE System Admin

No, I have extras. The problem is that the server is in another state Thanks for the offer tho.
Old 2006-01-17, 12:59am
Kinder Gentler Sociopath

Wow I was impressed jason, tha twas a fast, flawless switch over... great job!

Old 2006-01-17, 7:54am
Satake Woman!

Wow, I didn't even notice. Great job!!!

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2006-01-17, 8:14am
Dildo Kween!

YIPPEE! and chat wasn't quite as "jerky"

{{{{{{Jason}}}}}}}

*grope, grope*

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2006-01-20, 10:37am

LOL (((ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL))))

Monique

((BIG HUGS))

"Well Behaved Woman Rarely Make history"
Old 2006-01-26, 7:30am

Wel Jason (and Corri) thank you again for EVERYTHING, GREAT JOB!!! You guys are the BEST!
Hugs
Lynnie

who have journeyed
and recovery!

: