Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Cork Board > Site Announcements

Site Announcements -- Public announcements and other messages from the Lampwork Etc. administrator.

Old 2005-08-20, 7:19pm
LE System Admin

Default Live Chat!

We've just added a Live Chat to Lampwork, Etc! You'll find it up in the navigation bar between the Members List and the Calendar. The chat requires that you have the Macromedia Flash Player plugin installed on your computer. Most people already have this installed, but if you don't, it is a free download from www.macromedia.com.

I'm not quite sure how this particular chat software will work out for us, so this is just here as a trial for now. Please report any problems or issues you encounter, and as always, feel free to share any comments or suggestions.

Jason
Old 2005-08-20, 7:28pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

cool...will check it out after a movie. Thanks guys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-08-20, 8:09pm
Dildo Kween!

Shoot, I can't get it to load.

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2005-08-20, 8:13pm
LE System Admin

that stinks. how far do you get and what does it do? do you get a popup window at least?
Old 2005-08-20, 8:21pm
Administrator

uh oh. No heidi??
Old 2005-08-20, 9:32pm
The Crazy One

Well darn it I can't get in! It must be that double right click grimlen that put this damn computer in super stelth mode! I have to login everytime I go any where! Grrrrr
Old 2005-08-20, 9:41pm
Administrator

you neither???

I will tell him (just as soon as he is done cleaning)
Old 2005-08-20, 10:06pm
LE System Admin

loco, how far do you get and what do you see? any error messages? does it open a new window when you click on the Live Chat link?
Old 2005-08-20, 10:11pm
The Crazy One

It opened a new window that was a "Normal" shade of white. Nothing else. I attempted to down load but never got an error message or the movie it said would show up. If I recall correctly I have it on the puter already.
Old 2005-08-20, 10:17pm
Dildo Kween!

That's what mine is doing also.

I'm using Foxfire.

I re-installed Macromedia (figured it wouldn't hurt since I reformatted the computer last Tuesday)

I even disabled Norton's internet security thinking that it might be the partypooper.

Damn and I'm such a nice person to chat with

Old 2005-08-20, 10:18pm
LE System Admin

loco and heidi,
go here:
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/
Under the "Macromedia Flash Player" section, do you see the macromedia flash player logo box image that says "Experience. Powerful. Results." in the middle and "Installation Complete" in the upper right?
Old 2005-08-20, 10:20pm
The Crazy One

I got a box with the dreaded red X
Old 2005-08-20, 10:42pm
Dildo Kween!

Mine just loads... and loads... and loads...... but never gets the load done.

I have a crappy dial-up. It's the only one on the island and only 6 people can be logged on at one time. Telephones haven't been here too long - we are in the 1950's (which is why I love it so much... eventho I was born in the 60's)

Jason, on a side note - I'm having a terrible time with damn pop-up windows for ads from bogus deals like the one that just flashed my screen "your windows has found 38 errors - go to pcregistryfix.com" I had this all taken care of before I did my reformat. I use Norton's Anti Virus Internet Security - Spyware edition 2005. If you could tell me how to or where in Norton's to get rid of this.. I'd be so happy, and uninterrupted! I have the ad blocking turned on.... but these damn ads are driving me nuts!

Hope you are having some fun this weekend, and not a slave to the forum. (and here I am asking tech questions... shame on me)

Old 2005-08-20, 11:30pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

Several of us got in and messed around with colors and smilies...once we all stopped talking at once! pretty cool...thanks!

Old 2005-08-21, 12:29pm
Formerly known as weasel

Smile

Jason
Way cool. Thank you so very much. I can see I will never get any work done now!

Thank you again
Old 2005-08-22, 5:12am

Default wow!!!

hehe, way too cool jason!! yippee, Now if I ever get a free moment, wow, real people, how very cool.

Monique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
We've just added a Live Chat to Lampwork, Etc! You'll find it up in the navigation bar between the Members List and the Calendar. The chat requires that you have the Macromedia Flash Player plugin installed on your computer. Most people already have this installed, but if you don't, it is a free download from www.macromedia.com.

I'm not quite sure how this particular chat software will work out for us, so this is just here as a trial for now. Please report any problems or issues you encounter, and as always, feel free to share any comments or suggestions.

Jason

"Well Behaved Woman Rarely Make history"
Old 2005-08-22, 6:50am
CA Queen Bitch

Thanks Jason for the fun new waste hours on LE!!!!!

~Suzy~

Being unstable and bitchy is all part of my mystique.

Peek A Boo!
Old 2005-08-22, 9:58am
JOAT, Master of None

Jason,, you may just get me fired.... I LOVE IT!
Great job, and easy to use.
Old 2005-08-22, 9:37pm

on one computer I can chat, on the new computer, I can see everyone and there is no line to add type and send messages, Do you know what my probl;em is?? LOL , MOnique

"Well Behaved Woman Rarely Make history"
Old 2005-08-27, 1:59pm
Kinder Gentler Sociopath

Ladies, If I may make a suggestion? It could be your browser, espicially if you use AOL (AOL nutscrape browser) has a anti0popup/adware script, and it deems flash as an add... this is very easily remedyed, with firefox http://www.getfirefox.com. download firefox, and try the chat, the first time you should see a green jigsaw puzzle piece saying "missing plugin", click it and it says "flash plug in needed, get it? click yes, and it will install flash for you, and violla!!! you are in flashchat!! (plus Firefox is much more stable, and faster tat Internet Exploder and nutscrape, I promise, you will be very happy with it (and its 100% free, and has a built in pop up and spyware blocker)

Yes *sighs* I am a nerd...
Old 2005-08-27, 1:59pm
Kinder Gentler Sociopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDel
on one computer I can chat, on the new computer, I can see everyone and there is no line to add type and send messages, Do you know what my probl;em is?? LOL , MOnique

Its all a browser issue... Install firefox and it will fix your issues
Old 2005-08-27, 3:09pm
Kinder Gentler Sociopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi von Frozenfyre
Mine just loads... and loads... and loads......

I just Load and load and load too, but you told me not to mention that in public
Old 2005-08-27, 9:36pm
LE System Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaine Scum
Its all a browser issue... Install firefox and it will fix your issues
I'm a big Firefox user and supporter myself, but unfortunately flashchat has an annoying quirk/bug when used with Firefox where you may occasionally lose avatars, smileys, and sounds. See http://www.tufat.com/phpBB2/about7861.html

And remember: If you vote for Pedro, all of your wildest dreams will come true.
Old 2007-05-30, 7:39pm

I'm a new member of LE and love the chat capability! It all works fine for me. I've met lots of new friends with it...hope you keep it!
Connie
Old 2007-08-17, 11:15am
Hawley Studios

New too and enjoying the new feature. Thanks!!