Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Cork Board > Site Announcements

Site Announcements -- Public announcements and other messages from the Lampwork Etc. administrator.

Old 2005-11-14, 12:41am
LE System Admin

Default LE Software Upgrade

Lampwork, Etc is now running on a new version of the vBulletin software (3.5.1). Many improvements are behind-the-scenes, but there are several improvements which I hope you all will enjoy.

The one I will probably like the most is that the forum now keeps track of which threads/posts you have already viewed and which ones you haven't. It kinda did this before, but once you logged out or left, it would assume you had read everything.. now it will keep track between sessions.

There is also a new post editor. The Standard Editor and the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editors are now basically the same editor. You can switch back and forth while editing a message by clicking the little A/A icon in the upper right. If you like the WYSIWYG editor better, you can make that your default editor in UserCP.

The chat has also been upgraded to the latest version available. I know there are still issues with it, but hopefully it will be a little better at least. I'm still looking for the ideal chat system for LE, but it just doesn't seem to exist yet.

I'll be surprised if there aren't little glitches here and there with the new software. Please report anything out of the ordinary that you notice! You can do so by replying here in this thread.

Thanks!
Jason
Old 2005-11-14, 12:47am
Etched Metal Rocks...

I know I'm going to love the thread checker thingie...never could figure out how I missed so much before. Thanks as always...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-11-14, 10:46am
ManBearPig

Hmmm... working the opposite for me. Threads I have read are still marked as "new" several hours after I read them. Do we need to log out and log back in for them to be marked correctly? I hope not...

Old 2005-11-14, 10:54am
LE System Admin

No, you don't need to log out/in... That would suck.
Old 2005-11-14, 12:17pm
In search of her path....

Me too Chad....everything is marked as unread even stuff I JUST read hum

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2005-11-14, 12:24pm
LE System Admin

Hrm I can't reproduce this problem even on multiple computers/browsers with a couple of test accounts. If I login, go to a forum, click on a thread, then click to go back to that forum (by clicking the forum name at the top of the page), then that thread no longer has the little "new posts" icon next to it. Note that if you get back to the forum by using the back button, you will probably have to hit the refresh/reload button in your browser before you will see the "new posts" icon disappear.

I'll keep playing and see if I can find something wrong.
Old 2005-11-14, 12:45pm
In search of her path....

it could be a mac glitch maybe? im at work and on a mac

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2005-11-14, 2:50pm

Thanks for doing this for us Jason!
lynnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Lampwork, Etc is now running on a new version of the vBulletin software (3.5.1). Many improvements are behind-the-scenes, but there are several improvements which I hope you all will enjoy.

The one I will probably like the most is that the forum now keeps track of which threads/posts you have already viewed and which ones you haven't. It kinda did this before, but once you logged out or left, it would assume you had read everything.. now it will keep track between sessions.

There is also a new post editor. The Standard Editor and the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editors are now basically the same editor. You can switch back and forth while editing a message by clicking the little A/A icon in the upper right. If you like the WYSIWYG editor better, you can make that your default editor in UserCP.

The chat has also been upgraded to the latest version available. I know there are still issues with it, but hopefully it will be a little better at least. I'm still looking for the ideal chat system for LE, but it just doesn't seem to exist yet.

I'll be surprised if there aren't little glitches here and there with the new software. Please report anything out of the ordinary that you notice! You can do so by replying here in this thread.

Thanks!
Jason

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-11-14, 6:32pm

Is anyone else not getting the email responses? I'm not getting them...

Old 2005-11-14, 6:57pm
LE System Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeads
Is anyone else not getting the email responses? I'm not getting them...
My mail server logs show that the forum has sent you 58 emails so far today, and that all of them were accepted by your ISPs mail servers.
Old 2005-11-14, 7:07pm

Sorry, meanwhile I checked and I don't know how but I had to do something in my outlook espress.. it was putting them in the wrong place... Straight now !! Thanks...lol

Old 2005-11-21, 5:13pm
Optimistic Pariah

Only thing I've noticed is in the chat room. Last night I kept seeing 'undefined' under about 75% of the messages. Of course, I've only been in the chat room 5 times, so perhaps it's not the new version...

Thanks for everything, Jason.

She laughed like someone who had thought hard about life and had seen the joke.

Old 2005-11-25, 9:16pm
LE System Admin

See this thread: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3112