Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-11-15, 11:31am

Default I made my first set! ...and a couple questions..

Ok I made my first set of Caramel Luster beads (the simple ones from Boro Bead Magic) and even though they're simple I really like them.

Now for the questions: first, I did the double layer of clear over like shown in the video but on many of my beads the base leaked out and up and doesn't look very nice so I'm wondering if there are tips to getting the encasing down more toward the bead hole. (When I encase soft glass I always encase from side to side and push the clear down over the base toward the mandrel.)

Second, I'd like to make a set of blue beads today. I'd like something a little more dramatic and swirly than the caramel beads from yesterday and perhaps a little sparkle? Can anyone help me with a recipe? I have the NS and GA sampler sets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-15, 11:54am
ManBearPig

I can't recall right off what's in the sample sets, but you may want to try a couple colors. Maybe a cane of NS Blue Moon and Turquesa, or maybe GA Persian Blue and maybe a medium density Cobalt.

To get the encasing to cover more of the base, just add more clear. The clear will melt faster than the color, so it will cover up the base. You just have to have enough clear to do the job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-11-15, 6:46pm

Thanks Chad! I'll try those.