Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-11-18, 4:39pm

Default Striking and brown?

I'm noticing that when I strike my beads they often get really brown. I thought perhaps I was reducing them unintentionally but I've checked my flame over and over with Amazon Night and it seems fine. Most of the beads I will show you have not been struck because that just seemed to make the brown much worse. I'm hoping someone will have some tips regarding what I'm doing wrong.

The first picture is Blue Moon and Turquesa.

The second is Onyx and Silver Strike 5. I don't mind the brown in this one but would like to pull more of the blues out. I think these look alot like raku.

Sorry for the quickie pictures but hopefully you will see what I mean anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-18, 9:07pm

increase the oxy even more, and try it again. also, make sure you are working your piece in the same area of the flame that you are using when verifying with your amazon night. It may be that you are moving closer in to the torch head as you are building your piece. I am guilty of that myself.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-19, 7:31pm

Thanks a bunch Eric. I'll pay closer attention to where I work in the flame. I tend to work very near the torch face because I have a baby torch. I'll try to move out a bit.