AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2013-09-26, 5:58am

Default anime eye tutorials?

Anyone know of any tutorials to make the cartoon or anime eyes?
I have been searching not coming up with anything.

I think they would be really cute to add to the beads for BOC.

Thanks
Cherri
Old 2013-09-26, 6:06am
hyperT

I make eyes by rounding off a rod then adding a black dot covered over with a light trans color. I then just cut the eye off the end of the rod with a pair of scissors. This gives me a nice shaped oval eye. Anime eyes are more rounded so you may need to add a temp handle the eye and pull it off the rod. Some of the old time doll's eyes were blown out of tubing.

Last edited by hyperT; 2013-09-26 at 6:09am.
Old 2013-09-26, 8:09am
I speak Murrini!

Hi Cherri!!!!

If you're looking to make them yourself, I totally recommend Claudia's fantastic book "Glass Bead Trip" for learning to make eyes. She gives a wonderful foundation and I'm sure you can "tweak" it to modify it to make them look more "Anime" once you have the fundamentals down. Here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1123330...lass-bead-trip

If you don't necessarily want to go this route, I DO have some actual pre-made Anime Eye Murrini available in my Etsy - they look like this applied:

I also have lots of the little Anime Girl Murrini (full face, one eye covered) shown on the accent beads in the photo above, if you'd like some of those to play with too. I don't have them listed but would happily send you some along with the eyes if you decide to give them a try.

Just throwing a couple options your way...

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro

Last edited by theglasszone; 2013-10-14 at 9:46pm. Reason: (Twirls hair...too many "likes"! Yikes! LOL!)
Old 2013-09-26, 7:14pm

Thank you both very much.
Love your eye murrini De.

I would love to have the book.. I really would.. I have to hold off for a while. That is one book I have been thinking on anyway, now you tell me there is an eye tutorial in there.. OH my..
Old 2013-10-01, 10:08pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Awesome murine De!

Ebay:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-10-14, 10:14pm
I speak Murrini!

Thanks Patsy! I loved making them...

And Cherri, since these were made before I bought Claudia's book (embedded date on the photo is "4/28/2011") and in my own style, here's sort of a close up of mine so you can kinda see how I made them. Maybe it will help you get a feel for how I put them together, and inspire you to try!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2013-10-15, 8:34am

Thank you De.. I am in the mist of issues at the moment.. like everyone else. LOL
My computer bit the dust, so dealing with that.. Finally bit the bullet and got a smart phone which I am trying to learn..lol phone challenged and have a little show coming up this weekend. (which I can not figure out how I got talked into). I love the little eyes. I want to give it a try and I will, just have to put it on my to do list. sigh..
Thank you all very much..
Cherri
Old 2013-10-28, 6:04pm
going crazy

If you decide to get the book, Howaco Glass is the US distributor so shipping is much cheaper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My button mandrel listed here!
Old 2013-11-26, 12:22pm
all for the love of glass

Do you have any photos Hyper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperT View Post
I make eyes by rounding off a rod then adding a black dot covered over with a light trans color. I then just cut the eye off the end of the rod with a pair of scissors. This gives me a nice shaped oval eye. Anime eyes are more rounded so you may need to add a temp handle the eye and pull it off the rod. Some of the old time doll's eyes were blown out of tubing.

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.