AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2014-12-28, 3:52pm

Default So are you no longer going to sell your tutorials?

So there is that new VAT coming in and some artists are pulling their tutorials. I am just wondering who is doing this so that I can look up to see if I should be buying some now before they are gone?

Last edited by firefrost; 2014-12-28 at 8:17pm.
Old 2014-12-29, 1:41pm

Hi, I think all we have to do is remove the instant download option from Etsy. I won't be removing my tutorials, i'm sure there is a way to work around this.

I'm looking for some more info, is there a thread that talks about this issue here on LE?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Magma Beads .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-12-29, 3:56pm
Storm Queen

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273278

You're right, just manually email tutorials and you're exempt.

Old 2014-12-29, 11:52pm
MacGalver

I wonder if you could just put a huge disclaimer in your listing saying that if the customer is in the EU, they need to convo you for an email direct tut instead of the instant download? Think that would pass for due diligence on the taxation requirement?

Old 2014-12-30, 9:48am
Queen of the milo field

Just got an e-mail from Soda Lime Times & they will be absorbing the VAT - their price per month subscription will not change.

dj
Old 2014-12-30, 1:07pm

thanks
Old 2015-01-07, 2:08pm
MacGalver

Here's what I did: I made a copy of my listings for all instant downloads, and on the copy, I changed the item to a physical item and inserted the statement

"This tutorial is for sale to the EU countries that have the new VAT tax on digital downloads. The ruling states that if the item is not an auto-download, it is not subject to this tax. If you purchase this digital file, you will receive it in as an email attachment. It is identical to the auto-download version. It is your responsibility to make sure you are buying the correct version for your country. Thanks!"

On the instant download version of the listing, I state that it is not available for purchase in the EU, and have a link to the non-instant download version. Just my opinion, but if a customer in the EU knowingly violates the terms of my listing, is that really my fault?

INSTANT DOWNLOAD LISTING:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/2117843...pwork-tutorial

EU VERSION:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/2175919...work-tutorial?

Last edited by Frit Diva; 2015-01-07 at 2:19pm.
Old 2015-01-15, 7:02am

thanks everyone for your replies.
Old 2015-01-20, 6:46pm

Here's the latest blog post from Etsy.

Looks like they're concentrati on a fix for EU sellers before rolling it out

https://blog.etsy.com/en/2015/update...al-item-sales/
Old 2015-02-09, 10:56am
MacGalver

I'm glad to see Etsy is apparently going to take the responsible position and accept that THEY are the ones who need to track and collect the VAT. Hope they make good on their promise to work it out for sellers. In the meantime, will this cause EU buyers to shy away from downloads?