LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-03-26, 6:25am

Default Caterpillar twistie looking thingies

I am begging someone to write a tutorial on the caterpillar twistie looking things. Many people here make these beads, and I am unable to figure out this technique. I am more than willing to pay for a tutorial. Anyone? Please!!

Thanks,

Teresa
Old 2009-03-26, 9:23am
I fart diamonds

Example? without a better explanation, it's difficult to know what you want.

These? http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=125475

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-26, 9:29am

Yea, I know. To me they look like caterpillars. Fryebeadz, Anouk-Troll Lover, and Blue Between are a few of the artists that make beautiful beads using this technique. I'm not that comfortable just asking someone to give up their techniques, but I would certainly buy a tutorial. I don't want to link to their photos without permission, but I think you will know them when you see them. Most of the time they are using silver glass.
Old 2009-03-26, 9:41am
Storm Queen

If you're talking about the Baleen technique that Michael Barley does, he said he was going to write tutorial on it.

Old 2009-03-26, 9:53am

Thanks Amy, that is what I am looking for. I will keep my eyes posted for his tutorial.

Teresa
Old 2009-03-26, 10:24am

Or maybe I will keep my eyes "peeled" for his tutorial. I also see that this technique has been disscussed before here. At least I have a proper name for it now.

Teresa
Old 2009-03-27, 8:22am
Glassy Broad :-)

I was wondering how this technique was done also. I have tried twisties, and have tried the cut versions but I guess there is more to it than just that. I LOVE this look! So much potential, and of course the Gals that use this are over-the-top excellent artists!!! PPP prolly is the way to go, LOL!!! I'll be watching this thread for sure!
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!