Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2014-03-26, 7:22am
critter creator

Default Wesley Fleming, June 2014 at Corning

Hey Everyone,

http://www.cmog.org/class/flameworking-natural-forms-0

If you've been wanting to push your sculptural skills, I'm teaching a WEEK-LONG class at Corning Museum of Glass this coming June.

Not only will I be teaching how to make the insects and birds you typically see from me, but also we will be doing a project on making vignetts - the more complicated, assembled forms I've been posting lately. Additionally, we'll be checking out work by the Blaschkas from the Museum and Library and taking inspiration from that.

AND FURTHER, if we get enough people signed up soon enough, JUPITER NIELSEN will be TA'ing for the class to help with the borosilicate end of things. Sign up now so we can get Jupiter locked in for TA!

The workshop is June 9-14, 2014. Here is the link to more information:
http://www.cmog.org/class/flameworking-natural-forms

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbJZLKzPbqA

Hope to see you there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-04-25, 6:58am
critter creator

Just a quick update - Jupiter Nielsen is now booked to fly out and TA for the class, so you'll get expert knowledge for BOTH soft glass AND borosilicate sculpture!

Class info link: http://www.cmog.org/class/flameworking-natural-forms-0

Here is a piece of Jupiter's work, made of borosilicate glass:

Old 2014-04-25, 7:19am
Loving learning

I'm just sitting here amazed, what beautiful work from both of you!
Old 2014-05-03, 12:43pm
critter creator

Thanks Eileen!
Old 2014-05-04, 7:12am

Omg, a leafy sea dragon! Epic.
Old 2014-05-09, 11:15am
Shelarious

I wish so bad!!

Old 2014-05-12, 8:10am
critter creator

Shelley, there are still a couple seats left This class is going to be EPIC!!!

PS - I wanted to let everyone know that I'm organizing a field trip to Corning's OFF-SITE storage facility to see all of the Blaschka ephemera - their work bench, colorants, tools, broken pieces, etc.

Here's a cheesy photo of their workbench for you:

Last edited by vetropod; 2014-05-12 at 8:17am.
Old 2014-05-12, 9:05am
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Why oh why couldn't this be the first week in August.. Being a teacher bites at times like this!

Pam
Old 2014-05-13, 8:24am
Shelarious

Oh cool, that offsite trip would be so awesome! I wish I had the funds!

Tags
badass!, bug, cmog, corning, insect, off-mandrel, sculpture, spider, wes fleming, wesley fleming