Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-01-07, 9:58pm
Is it May yet?

Default Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ 18

Has any one used this camera? It looks to have great reviews. I love nature/outdoor photography, and this seems to be pretty versatile. I've heard good reports on Lumix in general-any input welcomed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-01-08, 12:54am
Mummy to 3 Little Elves

I got one for our anniversary late last year. It's pretty nifty. I usually go with Sony (for cameras) and was contemplating a Sony but decided to opt for the Panasonic. I really like it but I am still learning on it (got it in late Nov). I got it for a pretty good price. Check the reviews at www.dpreview.com.

Old 2008-01-08, 9:41am
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

That's what I have & it made a big difference in my pictures. I know I could improve my pictures even more if I took the time to learn more about the camera settings. It's an easy camera to use & I love it. I may have to get another one because my daughter loves it too. I keep finding it in her room when I need to use it.

Vivian

-

Old 2008-01-08, 11:54am
Is it May yet?

I just want to find it some place local...so far, I've not found it here.

Old 2008-01-08, 1:58pm
Mummy to 3 Little Elves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venessa View Post
I just want to find it some place local...so far, I've not found it here.
You'll probably pay more. You can get it online (as far as I could find at the time) cheaper. I had, originally, ordered it through Amazon.com in time for our anniversary in early Oct but it was backordered so I went elsewhere and got it cheaper and quicker.

Old 2008-01-08, 2:21pm
Is it May yet?

Really? It would be more if I didn't order it online? I just hate having to wait!! I guess I may have to though...

Old 2008-01-08, 4:37pm

I bought mine off ebay

Vivian

-

Old 2008-01-08, 6:08pm
Colors outside the lines

Costco has a good deal on a couple of different Panasonic cameras---you might try there.

Leah
Old 2008-01-08, 7:59pm
Is it May yet?

I checked Costco.com and they didn't have it listed on there...It's still a pretty new camera on the market, so that may have something to do with the difficulty in finding it. I've seen some pretty good deals online and on ebay, so I guess I will go that route when I do buy it. Now I just gotta wait on my W-2 forms...that's part of why I didn't want to have to wait for it to ship to me, I gotta wait before I have the money for it! Oh well, patience right?

Old 2008-01-08, 8:01pm
Is it May yet?

Oh, and for those that have the camera, got any sample pics? I'd love to see some close up as well as zoom shots if you wanna share! I'd even be willing to follow a link if you don't want to take the time to upload here.

Old 2008-01-09, 5:50am

Nessa, you can look at my gallery & most of the newer things were taken with my Lumix. I've had it a little over a year.

Vivian

-

Old 2008-01-09, 6:23am
Is it May yet?

Very nice!! And I love your vessels.

Old 2008-01-09, 6:54am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venessa View Post
Very nice!! And I love your vessels.

Thanks!!!

Vivian

-

Old 2008-01-18, 8:59am
Is it May yet?

I found it local!!! Costco out here just got it in. I got to try it out last night...OMG, I'm in love with a camera-and I only tinkered for a couple minutes.

Old 2008-01-19, 2:12am
Type ZZZ personality

I got the DMC-FZ20 and I love it!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2008-02-21, 9:11pm
Is it May yet?

I got my camera!! When I went in to Costco, it was on sale! I saved $50. I was totally prepared to pay the higher price for it-felt like an extra birthday bonus to get the camera and get a discount on it! I love it already...I just gotta figure out how to use all the functions so I can maximize functionality.

Old 2008-02-21, 10:57pm
Mummy to 3 Little Elves

I took some lovely photos of the lunar eclipse last night (with the FZ1. The zoom on it is amazing.

Old 2008-02-22, 10:28am
Is it May yet?

Yeah, that's what I used for my eclipse pics...just wish I knew how to use it better so that those pics were better.

Old 2008-05-11, 9:35am

Default Tech question for FZ18

Is there a setting that will change pix size. Pix always at 72 ppi which makes them 45"x 28" or similar. All my other camers come out at 300ppi with a 9" x 12" pix size. In other words is there a way to change ppi?
Thanks,
Steve
Old 2008-06-15, 10:06pm
Melts glass~makes jewelry

I am hunting for a new camera and saw this thread. Does anyone know the answer to Steve's question and why does this line from the camera's description say wide at the end?

Macro focus with autofocus down to 0.39 inches (wide)

Thanks

And does anyone want to post close up pics this camera can take?
Thanks.