LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2007-01-23, 6:40pm

Hey Allie! Can I post that picture of yours on my website too? I have the big one also, but I don’t' have a picture of it. The lighting in my studio is terrible for photos and of course it's filled to the brim with frit so moving it upstairs isn't easy... YES, I can be lazy! If I can snag your photo, that would be great! The more pictures, the better!! LMK

Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-01-23, 8:50pm
Mummy to 3 Little Elves

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadgoodies View Post
Hey Allie! Can I post that picture of yours on my website too? I have the big one also, but I don’t' have a picture of it. The lighting in my studio is terrible for photos and of course it's filled to the brim with frit so moving it upstairs isn't easy... YES, I can be lazy! If I can snag your photo, that would be great! The more pictures, the better!! LMK

Candy
You most certainly can, Candy. It's a good thing I tidied up my table that day!

Old 2007-01-23, 10:07pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie_T View Post
You most certainly can, Candy. It's a good thing I tidied up my table that day!
Thank you, Allie! The picture you took is a good one. It shows the large tower really well.

Candy

Old 2007-01-24, 7:32am
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

Amazing!!! all your displays are great. And I was almost thinking I had too much frit! NOT!

Giving
a try!
Old 2007-01-24, 9:41am

LOL Some of you guys are definately fritadicted! LOL And I aspire to be YOU! LOL I have a lot of frit but several of you are way ahead of me LOL I was shocked when I did an inventory of my frit at just how much I really had. LOL My mother was helping me with my taxes (which is why I even did an inventory to begin with LOL) and when we got to the frit she asked the amount and I said very quickly 800.00 (and that was really on the conservative side too). LOL She said how much!?!? LOL LOL Didnt admit I just ordered another 100 worth from Val that wasnt on the count LOLLOL. Great ideas and cant wait to go shopping! LOL I was so waiting for one particular frit from Val that I stayed up waiting for her ot update her site all day (i work third shift) Kept hitting the refresh button every 10 min when my mother called me about 5pm (she was helping me keep an eye on the site too LOL) and said "are you sure she was going to list today, it says on her site that hte store will be open on Tue" I told her it WAS tuesday! She then told me that no, it was MONDAY. As my 4 1/2 yr old niece would tell me, What a Ding Dong! LOL

Robyn
Old 2007-01-29, 10:59am

I have to rebuild this because it wont fit over the kiln shelf in the new studio but here is what I have been using. It is perfect for me because I only have to stack about 2 jars high and can easily get to and see everything I have.

Old 2007-02-13, 9:03pm
crafty grrrrrrrrrl

For my stringers I use prettied up mosaic candle holders as long as they're about 3" or more high they work well and look pretty I've even prettied up glass jars too like from baby food etc. My frits go in jars, egg cups and little round metal bead organizer type tins with the glass top so I can see the colors.
Hope this helps!
Marianna

My Joolz & Glass Beads

My Etsy

My Vintage Shop

My Blog

Old 2007-02-13, 9:04pm
crafty grrrrrrrrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowesky View Post
I have to rebuild this because it wont fit over the kiln shelf in the new studio but here is what I have been using. It is perfect for me because I only have to stack about 2 jars high and can easily get to and see everything I have.
woohoo! that's a lot of frit! but it looks so well organized! Very nice!

My Joolz & Glass Beads

My Etsy

My Vintage Shop

My Blog

Old 2007-02-13, 10:01pm

Here is the new one after we redid the studio. I ALMOST feel glutonous.

Old 2007-02-13, 10:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowesky View Post

Here is the new one after we redid the studio. I ALMOST feel glutonous.
OMG

Old 2007-02-14, 1:20am

LMAO!

Old 2007-02-14, 7:18am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

And you call me a ho.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-02-17, 11:30pm
On A Lampwork Hiatus

Here is what I use for my frit storage.. Although this is not the exact one, didn't feel like taking a photo, so I found one on ebay.. LOL

Its a Martha Stewart spice rack I hunted down for about 6 months.. This is the small version in the picture.. I have the large version and it holds about 70 of the 4 oz silver colored tins..

Old 2007-02-18, 6:13am
I poop flowers.

*sniffle* I have no frit yet. *sniffle
Old 2007-02-18, 11:03am
FireDancer Glass

I have been buying the glass jars from a website. I think they are like 60 cents each or close to it....so cheap. I only have 10 jars of maybe 1 oz each....I don't have a kiln yet so each time I play with the frit the beads end up cracking, don't want to waste any!

Christy
Old 2007-03-06, 8:56am
Domestic Engineer

I just use old glass baby jars to hold my stringer. They are heavy enough to not tip over, and they hold stringers that are smaller. The short stringers don't get lost in the jar. they are easy to see through to see what you have and also you don't have to worry about hot glass burning a hole into it. It may not be pretty, but the price is right.

Old 2007-03-08, 6:14pm
Mummy to 3 Little Elves

Old 2007-03-11, 1:35am

I just got one of those! it is great, the cat can not knock it over either!
Jen
Old 2007-03-28, 11:57pm
Glass-aholic

no pics here, but i keep mine on wire dvd/cd shelves i got at BJs. I aslo have to sweep up all the pieces... i use those little (not so little) chinese rice spoons for my firit, and then it's already on a spoon to go back in the jar! i also love the little handle on them, so easy! ( i use chopstick holders to support random hot things and they are great for craddling long just pulled stringer!
________
Threesome Babe

Last edited by jaci; 2011-04-17 at 7:21pm.
Old 2007-04-08, 6:02pm

I use the bead canisters from hobbie lobbie . they come in different sizes and screw together on top of each other.
Old 2009-01-31, 2:43pm
N2Beadz

I'm hoping more of you will post your storage methods for frit. Pics would be nice. I really don't like keeping my frit in the bags so I'm playing with a few ideas I've come across on here thus far.

I have an older spice rack that I purchased at the thift store that I can stack my frit jars on two high and about seven across to each shelf. Like many of you that is full and I'm looking at other ideas.

HELP!!! Please post some pics!

Old 2009-01-31, 4:35pm

A lazy susan of some kind? Here's one that Home Depot sells...

Candy

Old 2009-01-31, 6:08pm
Glass n00b

Oh you guys are killing me!!!! I am just starting out and now I want to spend more $$!!!!

Hello, my name is Grace and I've got Frit & Stringer envy!!!
Old 2009-01-31, 9:11pm
Debra Clutter

OMG! Today I order some more frit and I was feeling kind of guilty because I have so much already! Now I don't feel so bad! LOL!
I use a tool work bench with drawers to store my frit and glass. My stringers are in tall canning jars. I have some frit jars with magnets on them that are on my tool bench.

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2009-01-31, 11:34pm
OBA-Official Bead Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclutter64 View Post
OMG! Today I order some more frit and I was feeling kind of guilty because I have so much already! Now I don't feel so bad! LOL!
I use a tool work bench with drawers to store my frit and glass. My stringers are in tall canning jars. I have some frit jars with magnets on them that are on my tool bench.

My whole workstation including torch and kiln is exactly the same size as the top right hand photo.
I have my frit in cigar boxes that are meant for beads...lol. I live in a small place and have no space for any type of lazy susan etc.

Janet

Old 2009-02-01, 10:06am

I have one of those wheelie carts meant for towels? The white wire kind? Because I live in an apartment & it's easy to move--I can pack it by taking it apart into "flat" pieces & it was *really* cheap--I think I got it on sale for like $15 or something. Anyway, 3 little wire baskety shelves, each one has a couple of those "desk storage" boxes with 3 little drawers (like $5 each @ wallyworld ) & I've filled them all with jars of frit. I bought most of the empty jars from Gail @ www.ggglass.com but did just get some from Rich Santaclaus too
I need to buy a couple more drawer-thingies though...and start on a 2nd cart...first one is uh...full (I, um, *might* have a frit addiction...that's not a problem, right?)

My "workstation" as it is (so Janet doesn't feel bad) is on a rolly-cart meant for a computer...so....yeah, it's movable too....(it's in part of my bedroom--best place for it, ventilation wise....windows, etc) but that way when I'm not torching, I can shove it elsewhere! I'm actually in the process of re-arranging my whole little apartment so I can put a bigger table there...so the cricket will be "permanant" & not "rolly" like the hothead when it comes!

Anyone who feels guilty about frit needs to see NIKKI'S frit stash
('cmon Nikki, show that picture!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-02-01, 11:01am
OBA-Official Bead Addict

Quote:
My "workstation" as it is (so Janet doesn't feel bad) is on a rolly-cart meant for a computer...so....yeah, it's movable too...
Phew..I'm not the only one....my whole tiny place is taken over with beading stuff! I am thinking of getting those decorative shadow type boxes that you put on the wall for knicknacks and put the frit in that so I can have more space. I think Ikea probably sells them.

Janet

Old 2009-02-01, 11:06am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
Anyone who feels guilty about frit needs to see NIKKI'S frit stash
('cmon Nikki, show that picture!)
It's an old picture, I may have acquired more since then...Stimulating the economy and all... Right now it's in two of the scrapbooking size 3 drawer plastic units, and one smaller 3 drawer plastic unit with shards and millies also...

And... *ahem* WHO got me started on this addiction, again, hmmmm?

(Because it's been asked before, the bottom layer are the larger jars that Val/Robin/etc sell... some of the top layer are smaller ones...)
Attached Images

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-02-01, 12:28pm
FireDancer Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgreagor View Post
I have been buying the glass jars from a website. I think they are like 60 cents each or close to it....so cheap. I only have 10 jars of maybe 1 oz each....I don't have a kiln yet so each time I play with the frit the beads end up cracking, don't want to waste any!
I found some spice jars with white lids at at Storables store for 1 dollar each and bought some and then went to Goodwill and found a bag of 25 of them for 3.99! I had to take off the spice labels but they look brand new now and have jars for all my frit now.....will have to take a picture to show off!

Christy
Old 2009-02-01, 12:31pm
FireDancer Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadgoodies View Post
A lazy susan of some kind? Here's one that Home Depot sells...

Candy
I found a "gerber baby" lazy susan at good will for 4.00 and it has 3 "rows" to put all my jars on.

Christy