Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2008-04-17, 3:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondewants2bead View Post
oh how wonderful!!!
It is...it really is!
I have always dreamed of having my own creative space, something I designed from the ground up, honestly I never thought it would be more then that; so watching that dream become a reality is amazing to me!
Old 2008-04-18, 2:51am

Your studio looks great. You are going to have so much fun. And to live in such beautiful scenery. That will make for some awesome creativity!!
Cann't wait to see the insides onces they are drywalled. Keep us all posted.
Janet
Old 2008-04-18, 7:04pm

Your studio space is beautiful and what a fantastic view. You are so going to love it. Bonnie
Old 2008-04-28, 8:30am

You certainly have your priorities in order, build studio first then house! If you have ever built a house from scratch before you will understand, when the going gets rough you can retreat to your studio! And the view is great too.

Liz
Old 2008-05-01, 8:46am
Just me

Maggie I am badly coveting your studio with a view. Heck I'd live in the trailor if I could enjoy what you have every day. Dang! Of course I've seen the house you gave up to move so I can see why the trailor would seem rather lacking. Lol.

I can't wait to see the finished pictures of your studio, and then the house when it's done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-05-04, 8:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbyanne View Post
Of course I've seen the house you gave up to move so I can see why the trailor would seem rather lacking. Lol.
Ya know Bubby it hasn’t been all that bad, as a matter of fact I don’t really miss the house and I'm happier now then I have been in a while, so far it has all been worth it!

We had the ditch for the new electric service dug and today we laid about 150 ft of conduit in it. Tomorrow I have a crew coming to insulate, sheetrock and build the deck. If all goes well I'll be painting and putting in the floor next weekend. And if the God's are really smiling on me it will be powered up shortly after.

After that we will be installing the ventilation system, I think I’m going to go with a funnel system, but I’m open to suggestions!

Old 2008-05-05, 6:24pm

I'm doing the happy dance today!
The guys started hanging the sheetrock

Old 2008-05-11, 9:47am

I've been sanding sheetrock for two days now, which means I’m getting closer to having a usable space!
I posted this picture in the bathroom yesterday to get input on colors, thanks to everyone who offered an opinion.
I've decided to go with M (maple) for the walls and C (custard) for the ceiling.
Of course I could change my mind!
Attached Images

Last edited by Elleth; 2008-05-11 at 10:18am.
Old 2008-05-12, 8:52am

Very beautiful choices for the colors!
Jen
Old 2008-05-12, 9:24am

Love the color choices. Studio is looking wonderful. Won't be long and you will be torching!!!
Thanks for sharing .
Janet
Old 2008-05-23, 4:00pm
Just me

Soooo, how are things going? Any closer to moving in yet?
I'm excited for you and eager to see the end results.
Why isn't life more like HGTV where you can see the finished project within 30minutes?
Impatient much?

Old 2008-05-23, 5:48pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbyanne View Post
Soooo, how are things going? Any closer to moving in yet?
I'm excited for you and eager to see the end results.
Why isn't life more like HGTV where you can see the finished project within 30minutes?
Impatient much?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I wish life were more like HGTV too, because if it were I wouldn’t be covered in paint feeling like I had just been hit by a truck...ugh!

The studio is moving along...I texturized the walls and ceiling last week, then I took off for Bend for a few days where I helped Ruth get some of her rolling studio together (Talk about a slick set-up, I hope she posts pictures when she is all done!).

Today I put the first coat of paint on the walls and ceiling, tomorrow I'll finish the paint job. Sunday DH and I are going to tile the floor, something neither one of us has done before, but really, how hard could it be???

I'll post pictures of my progress tomorrow, right now I’m going to get out of these paint stained clothes and go for a soak in the hot tub, followed by a glass of wine and hopefully a foot rub.

Thanks for checking in with me Bubby

Old 2008-05-25, 3:45pm

The inside paint job is done.

I really love the way it came out!
I added Valspar Quartz additive to the paint and it really gives the room a subtle luminosity that I just cant capture with the camera.

Time to start the tile job...wish me luck!
Attached Images

Old 2008-05-25, 3:54pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleth View Post
The inside paint job is done.

I really love the way it came out!
I added Valspar Quartz additive to the paint and it really gives the room a subtle luminosity that I just cant capture with the camera.

Time to start the tile job...wish me luck!
That is a great color Maggie! Looks like you guys did a great job on it too! Wish I was there to help you with the tile!

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2008-05-26, 6:08pm

What a beautiful place to create !

Old 2008-05-26, 7:03pm

I love to tile. It's one of my favoite things to do. I wished I could be there to help you.
It's not hard. If you can put legos together-you can tile. Find the center of the room and work out. However, I dont always do that. Depending on the room and if I can cut down on the cutting I have to do. Like work from one side and hide the cuts under your cabinets or workstation. Then you may only have cuts on one wall or maybe two instead of all four sides. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2008-05-28, 9:39am

The tile is going in, but I hurt my back so it's s l o w going...

Last night we managed to get about 30 tiles laid before I had to stop and go soak in the hot tub (thank god for the hot tub!). We are hoping to get as much of not more done tonight.

Donna I took your advice and started laying the tile in way that allows me to only have to do cuts on 3 walls instead of 4, one wall will have cabinets, workbench, etc., so I'll be able to hide some of it. And yes, I too wish you were here to help, when do you think you can get here?
Attached Images

Last edited by Elleth; 2008-06-17 at 10:54pm.
Old 2008-05-29, 12:37pm

I'd come help you tile but I think I might have to move in when it was all done .
Old 2008-05-29, 7:34pm

I know it's a lot of work but OMG it's going to be out of this world wonderful when you're done. I just want to sit in there and look out. Lucky (hard working) girl that you are. Dicrodi
Old 2008-05-30, 2:29pm
Cherine Perrin Glass

Oh that looks like the perfect corner for my torch table. You don't mind if I come move in with you for a while, do you?

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2008-05-31, 8:39am
Creatrixie

Now there's a dream come true!
What a great idea to start with the workshop...
I'm going to add that concept to my dream house!
Can't wait to see it when it's all done.

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2008-05-31, 11:02am
Just me

Woo-hoo Maggie!
It's coming along and looking great!
I'm sorry about your back though, hard to function when you have back pain.
A hot tub is a good thing to have.

Old 2008-06-04, 12:54pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Alright lady,when's the party?

Teague

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2008-06-05, 6:58pm

Another milestone...
The tile is finally laid down, tomorrow I grout!
I never thought I would be excited about grouting but I am.

I've had a few PM's asking me if I used a plan for the studio...
Nope, no plan, I just told my builder that I wanted a building that was 12 x 16 (as big as I could go without a permit) with a hip roof and a working copula, he did the rest. I think he did a wonderful job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Alright lady,when's the party?

Teague
Teauge as soon as the studio is done we are planning to have a studio warming party (maybe the second weekend in July) . It would be fantastic if you could come to my side of the valley for the celebration!

Old 2008-06-05, 7:26pm
Just me

Yay grout!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleth View Post
Another milestone...
The tile is finally laid down, tomorrow I grout!
I never thought I would be excited about grouting but I am.

I've had a few PM's asking me if I used a plan for the studio...
Nope, no plan, I just told my builder that I wanted a building that was 12 x 16 (as big as I could go without a permit) with a hip roof and a working copula, he did the rest. I think he did a wonderful job!

Teauge as soon as the studio is done we are planning to have a studio warming party (maybe the second weekend in July) . It would be fantastic if you could come to my side of the valley for the celebration!

Old 2008-06-05, 7:40pm
Elphaba Lives !!

Elleth,

I can already tell, it's going to be just beautiful, with a beautiful view to boot!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have a granite top that you are going to be using in there?

Wow, I'm excited for you.

Kathy

Old 2008-06-05, 7:51pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Gee View Post
Elleth,

I can already tell, it's going to be just beautiful, with a beautiful view to boot!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have a granite top that you are going to be using in there?

Wow, I'm excited for you.

Kathy
Yes I do...it's a 7 1/2 ft long slab of Black Galaxy granite, it's oh soooooooo beautiful!

As soon as the floor is done I'll start creating my workspace using the granite, I'm looking forward to that even more then grouting!

Old 2008-06-09, 11:07am

The floor is in.
Construction on the workbench starts tomorrow and should be done by Friday, if all goes well the power should be hooked up by then too!
Then comes the hard part, figuring out the ventilation, I think I'm going to use a funnel system, but I'm open to suggestions...
Attached Images

Old 2008-06-09, 11:40am
koregon

WOW....so envious...beautiful view and workspace your going to have...I want one to!

Old 2008-06-09, 1:37pm

Beautiful. You have a beautiful work space. Way to go. Also hug the guys that are putting it all together.

Rose Leslie